Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if the Colts lose?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What if the Colts lose?

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn Shade, I mean... wow. Take a deep breath and enjoy the win for a bit. Yes, the Colts certainly could lose the Super Bowl, and if they do, it will hurt like hell. However, today is a day to bask in the glow of reaching the SB. Enjoy yourself man!

Oh, and I know I'm being anal, but having the Larry O'Brien trophy in your sig with the Colts just doesn't seem right. It's about the Lombardi Trophy my friend.

Tell Hicks to get off his butt and make the appropriate emoticon then.

I dont follow football to much and dont care about the colts. I am a major pacers fan and that is about it. But wasnt NO rated to have the best offense in the league? So to say their D isnt that good would probally not be the best statement. If the colts come in thinking like that they are going to be in a world of hurt.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    I dont follow football to much and dont care about the colts. I am a major pacers fan and that is about it. But wasnt NO rated to have the best offense in the league? So to say their D isnt that good would probally not be the best statement. If the colts come in thinking like that they are going to be in a world of hurt.
    The Colts won't think like that, but I will, partially because the Saints played in the second tier conference that was easy to score on and partially because they relied on speed and Soldier Field was a mudpit and it was snowing. Props to Chicago for getting turnovers and winning the games to get homefield, but I think that Peyton can do about whatever he wants against the vaunted Bears defense.

It would be devasting if the Colts lost. This isn't the 2000 Finals where it was clear we were just overmatched in the talent department. The Colts are positioned to win and need to bring it home. Make no mistake, the pressure is still on the Colts and Manning. Beating the Patriots only pulled him equal with Dan Marino. He needs to get that ring. We were never able to get one for Reggie, but I hope fate treats Peyton differently.

Quote Originally Posted by arenn View Post
    It would be devasting if the Colts lost. This isn't the 2000 Finals where it was clear we were just overmatched in the talent department. The Colts are positioned to win and need to bring it home. Make no mistake, the pressure is still on the Colts and Manning. Beating the Patriots only pulled him equal with Dan Marino. He needs to get that ring. We were never able to get one for Reggie, but I hope fate treats Peyton differently.
    I totally agree. It may seem like it is unreasonable as fans to expect winning the Super Bowl or failure, but I think Indiana fans have had quite a drought with championships of any kind lately This could be a one and only lifetime event. Did anyones longing for a Pacers championship get satiated by losing in the finals versus the Lakers? I know it certainly didn't do me much good. I am glad that we gave Reggie a chance, but I still feel badly for him.

To get to the Superbowl you need a talented team, you need a well coached team, and you need a little luck. You have to stay healthy, and more of those bounces off the goal posts or fumbles need to roll your way. The Colts have a wonderful opportunity to make their imprint on football history.

A win would be huge for Peyton's legacy, the Colts, and the city of Indianapolis. History currently views recent years Colts teams as the Buffalo Bills of the past. Good, very good even, but just not good enough.

The frustrating thing for a fan is that there really isn't much you can do. It s put up or shut up time. There is not time for mistakes or excuses. We just need to go and get the job done.

I hope and pray that we do.

Losing would be a crushing blow in my opinion.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still on the high of finally winning an afc championship here in Indiana. I respect Baltimore, but B-more stats doesnt matter here in Indiana to me. So for me this is a dream come true. I still cant believe im saying the COLTS are in the superbowl.

If they lose, I dont think it would hurt that bad, because I never expected them to really get this far. Trust me Im a big colts fan, but after heartbreak after heartbreak It gets kinda old.

Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS