Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

  1. #1

    Default Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...33/1004/SPORTS


    Tinsley's streak in jeopardy
    By Mike Wells
    mike.wells@indystar.com


    Pacers point guard Jamaal Tinsley is doubtful for tonight's game against the Chicago Bulls with a sore lower back and sinus problems.


    Tinsley, who missed 114 games the past three seasons, has repeatedly said he wants to play all 82 games this season.

    Coach Rick Carlisle said Tinsley has been dealing with the back injury for some time. Darrell Armstrong likely will start if Tinsley doesn't play.

    Call Star reporter Mike Wells at (317) 444-6053.

  2. #2
    Member flying dutchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Padborg, Denmark - almost Germany
    Age
    41
    Posts
    242

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Why doesn't this surprise me?
    Not an Anders Fogh Rasmussen fan

  3. #3
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Uh oh guess Tins didn't like the trade very much. TINJURY!!!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Tins missing one or two games is a non-issue. More than that could be very bad news.

  5. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,903

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    If I don't have anything nice to say about someone I was taught long ago to say nothing, so that is what I'm going to do.

  6. #6
    John Ringo ApNeDtRiEeW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kokomo
    Age
    27
    Posts
    358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    A lineup without tinsley....people asked for it, now we have it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    He's the only Pacer to have played the entire season so far, so he gets credit from me.

    You could tell he was fighting through the game Saturday.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Maybe tonight we can see Marquis at the 1. I know Army will probably get the start, but Daniels needs to play some point tonight.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the only Pacer to have played the entire season so far, so he gets credit from me.

    You could tell he was fighting through the game Saturday.
    Real quick: Foster, Granger and Armstrong have also played in every game.

  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,662

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Somebody needs to plug that boy's nostrils. Sinus problems again. Yeesh.

  11. #11
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    There is a possibility that we might not have Murphy either...Pacers.com said he didn't shoot around much this morning because of a foot problem.

  12. #12
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    More proof that Tinsley reads PD. He decided that since we continue to complain about his play, he'll show us what it would be like without him.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  13. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by ApNeDtRiEeW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lineup without tinsley....people asked for it, now we have it.
    Woah now. I don't speak for anyone else, but as someone who isn't happy with Tinsley, I don't want a lineup without Tinsley that means choosing between Armstrong and Green. I want a new starter to be acquired.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More proof that Tinsley reads PD. He decided that since we continue to complain about his play, he'll show us what it would be like without him.
    Well, him spending too much time on the computer can explain the sore lower back.
    But I don't quite see how the sinuses fit in.

  15. #15
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,647

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TINJURY!!!


    That's the funniest Tinsley inspired term since "Sinupoutis".

    I'm gonna put on my conspiracy hat and Oliver Stone glasses and say that this probably happened because Rick has been toying with letting Dunleavy and Quis run the point more.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  16. #16
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    LMAO @ Tinjury

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Well I hope he is able to dress and play tonight. I suspect because of the types of stuff he has played through so far this season, that the 82 game goal was important to him. I wonder if maybe Rick is excusing him from the game, trying to make sure JT doesn't play himself into a worse situation.
    I hope the man can come play off the bench or something tonight.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Is McLeod hurt?

  19. #19
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,582

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More proof that Tinsley reads PD. He decided that since we continue to complain about his play, he'll show us what it would be like without him.
    If that's true I think he would have been gone a long time ago, cause most people while they realize that he's our best option, also would trade him in a second if the right trade came along and praising the basketball gods that we finally got rid of him. I personally am wanting either Marquis or Dunleavy to run the point, although Tinsley is our best option I don't think we should continue to drill it into his head cause he is not our ONLY option. If the team starts playing better without him consistently I think we could definately see him out of here soon. It's so fitting for someone as tinsley to be known as the tin man...no heart at all.

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by sig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is McLeod hurt?
    Yes he is. I've read abdominal strain and I've read a groin strain. Not sure which it is (both?).

  21. #21
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,903

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    I've heard abdominal strain

  22. #22
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I don't have anything nice to say about someone I was taught long ago to say nothing, so that is what I'm going to do.
    Cowboy Bob would be so proud.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  23. #23
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    The muscle groups are so close that it really doesn't matter

    It shouldn't raise the eyebrows like hearing Tinsley and "sinus problems" again should.

  24. #24
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    I heard it was toxic shock again.

    Can we get this guy an air purifier? I mean, c'mon, you grew up in Brooklyn and now you can't handle the pollution of Indianapolis?

  25. #25
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,913

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

    This figures I finally think its safe to go to a game because I know Jamaal is playing and he may be out!!!! and I have great seats too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •