Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you Think was the Key Play in Tonight's Game?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: What do you Think was the Key Play in Tonight's Game?

Actually I'm watching the Tivo of it now and I forgot about THE key play (one PacerTom mentioned).

3rd down, up 21-3 the Pats complete a pass to the 20 to Watson for the first down. About to go up at least 24-3 and maybe worse....

PASS INTERFERENCE ON TROY BROWN. Back to the 38.

Then a run that gets them maybe into long FG range...illegal shift on Watson. Back to the 43.

Brady sacked at the 50. No points at all. Colts stay within 18.

Even if Watson dropped that first pass the Pats still had a good FG shot without the PT on Brown. Those 2 penalties, the first 2 on them all night, saved the Colts chances by keeping it a bit closer.

BTW, I sat on the other side so watching the TV coverage is kinda disorienting. I remember everything from the other angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I'm watching the Tivo of it now and I forgot about THE key play (one PacerTom mentioned).

3rd down, up 21-3 the Pats complete a pass to the 20 to Watson for the first down. About to go up at least 24-3 and maybe worse....

Then a run that gets them maybe into long FG range...illegal shift on Watson. Back to the 43.

Even if Watson dropped that first pass the Pats still had a good FG shot without the PT on Brown. Those 2 penalties, the first 2 on them all night, saved the Colts chances by keeping it a bit closer.

BTW, I sat on the other side so watching the TV coverage is kinda disorienting. I remember everything from the other angle.

The FG might've been a psychological impediment at that point... but if all else remained equal then we still win by 1.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Excellent, excellent points there! I can't disagree.

The one that no one has mentioned though is the Joseph Addai TD to finally take the lead and the following kick to give them a 4 point lead. Most importantly, they only gave Brady 1 minute to march 79 yards down the field. That forced Brady to throw on every play and the defense knew it was coming and could just sit back and play to the strength of their secondary.

That touchdown was huge!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

It was of course with only 4 minutes gone in the 2nd quarter, pats gaining 80 yards on the ground at that point and go for it with a 4th and 6. When they made it, I turned off the tv, thereby guaranteeing a colt win.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

FloridaColtsFan

1. Vinatieri FG (I never thought I'd like the guy...) at the end of the 2nd. Got their momentum going.
    2. Wayne's catch and recatch.
    3. Addai's 3 yd touchdown run w/ 1 minute to go in the 4th.

You know, I was just thinking about the last time we were in this position, and we had like 5 things that could have gone either way in the 4th quarter -- a missed tackle, a penalty, a dropped ball, a bad call -- but all of them went against us that time.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

12 men in the huddle penalty on the Pats, 1st and 10 becomes 1st and 15.

This was with 3.5 or so minutes to go, when two first downs would have won the game.