Thread: Props to Peyton

Default Props to Peyton

I've been particularly harsh on Peyton during the playoffs, and I won't apologize for it b/c it was just stating the facts. But finally, he was able to show that high level of play that you need from your superstar. When the chips are down and it looks impossible, you have to find a way to win. Staubach, Montanna, Brady, and many other great quarterbacks all posessed that ability.

Even in the first half, sans his pick, I thought Peyton was playing pretty well. The defense played by the Patriots was picture perfect on many throws and even with that coverage he was right on the button. The only part of the team that gets a "boo" from me is the special teams, but let us forget that.

I couldn't help but think of a famous Mark Boyle call from the Pacers, and I'll use it now:

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

Default Re: Props to Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by brichard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!
    Music to my ears... Peyton just got about 10 Monkeys off his back in one game.

Why Not Us ?

Sadly, if Peyton and Colts don't win the Superbowl, this game will be forgotten.

But today Peyton really stepped it up. He showed the mental toughness not to fold after throwing the interception, then getting sacked for a big loss and going three and out. Awesome drives. He really took it to the Pats and was the instigator. You could see the nervousness come through at the end on the bench, but when it counted, Manning executed.

Go Colts!

I'm happy for manning and Dungy and that game tonight was an an amazing game. Although I do wish the Super Bowl was next week. Two weeks of local hype will turn me off until the game starts.

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Props to Peyton

yes colts thank u
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Brichard what the **** Manning played only slightly better than he did the other games, he did the same thing he managed the game. He marched us down the field and got us what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Brichard what the **** Manning played only slightly better than he did the other games, he did the same thing he managed the game. He marched us down the field and got us what we needed.
    Man, there is reality, and there is the world you live in.

Look, this is a time to rejoice, not to miraculously find a way to bicker. Agree to disagree and just move on! We are going to the Superbowl! Who cares if Peyton played horribly or wonderfully the past few games? NOBODY!

Time to start celebrating, and time to stop debating.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Last I checked it was the Indianapolis Colts team that won tonight and the
    previous 2 games. It is hard to believe. The COLTS :-0 are going to the
    SuperBowl. As snake bit as this city is this is huge.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now THAT is the Peyton Manning we've all been waiting for. Welcome to the playoffs, big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post

Why I haven't put you on my ignore list, like many others have, is a mystery to me. If you want to go start a "why the sun shines out Peyton's arse" thread, have at it. But I have this weird thing about being critical when a person under performs, and patting them on the back when they do well.

I just posted a thread to show how awesome the player you have a man crush on played. Why not agree, if you do, and move on? The Ravens thread is as dead as the Antonio/Dale trade threads. Let them RIP and live in the Now.

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!

MANNING PLAYED THE GAME OF HIS LIFE!

motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Now THAT is the Peyton Manning we've all been waiting for. Welcome to the playoffs, big guy.
    I forget how long they said it had been since we had a touchdown, but it had been a loooong time. And that holding penalty was just so ill timed when we really looked like we were going to get six. When the guy fell on the fumble for the first touchdown for the Pats, I was like... oh no... not again.

Things got worse for him before they got better and he was just clutch. And that my friends is a word that has never been used with this guy for the playoffs. To come from behind from the most points ever in an AFC Championship game against a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Superbowls and the coach/QB have a 12-1 record in the post season? I mean you are playing against the best playoff team ever, statistically speaking, you've got lots of history in losing, and you are down big time.

To not acknowledge this has the crowning jewel in Peyton's career is inconcievable. Just a solid performance and I am very happy for him.
    Reggie Miller