Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Official Pats vs.Colts AFC Championship gameday thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Pats vs.Colts AFC Championship gameday thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming the computer didn't glitch... or the feed to it... I have the HD version saved in 8 segments of 3.9gig MPEGs each.

I'm not sure I could shrink that down to DVD size without just killing quality.

-Bball
    Oooo...I'm gonna need to get a copy of that offa you. I'm going to get my HDTV this week.

Hurt yourself getting back on that bandwagon?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Hurt yourself getting back on that bandwagon?
    Who said I was back on? The Colts will obviously lose to the Bears.

Still, they haven't won a championship yet. One more to go.

DALLAS CLARK IS MY HERO
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    DALLAS CLARK IS MY HERO
    He's also a football god didn't you see the EA Sports Mock Video?

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    SAME OLD *******ING COLTS.....

I guess the Patriots know who their *****es are...

...I stand corrected, and take responsibility for losing it a little bit....

After the beatdown we were taking, and then going three and out with two straight sacks, it was easy to assume the world was ending....

Reading back through the few pages surrounding my post, I can see I wasn't alone....

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Man, there was a lot of trash talking when we were down by 21-3, even when we were tied, there were still doubters. Some of you guys are not true Colts fans. I hope the crow tastes pretty decent.

It goes back to the FG that hit the cross bar and went over in the Ravens game...that's when we became a team of destiny. It continued when the Pats dropped two perfectly thrown passes....can't be anything other than destiny. The stars are aligned.

Even when we were down 21-3, I knew we would win....even stated so in a couple of posts. Just had that special feeling about this team.

Anyway I just felt the bandwagon go down a couple of inches when everyone jumped on after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    Man, there was a lot of trash talking when we were down by 21-3, even when we were tied, there were still doubters. Some of you guys are not true Colts fans. I hope the crow tastes pretty decent.
    OK, for the last ****in' time: The definition of a "true fan" is NOT having blind faith in everything involving your team! If you care about the team, and you want them to win, you are a fan. PERIOD. That does NOT mean you have pretend at all times they WILL WIN. Nor does it mean that you have to think every player/coach is "JUST GREAT!". This "debate" has popped up on PD over the years and it's ridiculous every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post

It goes back to the FG that hit the cross bar and went over in the Ravens game...that's when we became a team of destiny. It continued when the Pats dropped two perfectly thrown passes....can't be anything other than destiny. The stars are aligned.

Even when we were down 21-3, I knew we would win....even stated so in a couple of posts. Just had that special feeling about this team.

Anyway I just felt the bandwagon go down a couple of inches when everyone jumped on after the game.
    I'm not trying to single you out, but it really irritates me when people make this claim.

So, let me get this straight. Because we get frustrated over our team seemingly choking for the 164986461894654th time after we've invested so much in them emotionally, it makes us not true fans? Because we don't blindly pick them to win every game, we're not true fans? That's ridiculous. If I wasn't a true fan, you wouldn't have heard squat from me the entire season until this game. If I wasn't a true fan, I wouldn't have wasted my time getting emotional over a team I didn't give a damn about. I'm just as much a fan as anyone, and I'm insulted by the insinuation that someone who doesn't even know me saying I'm not. In fact, if you don't get emotional during a question, I question if you are, in fact, a true fan.

With that said, I'm ecstatic that I finally get to see my team in the Super Bowl, but I won't believe 100% until we win the whole damn thing. I'm still convinced that the Colts and Pacers won't win a title in my lifetime, and the fact that we seem to be heavy favorites early worries me even more.

If the Colts actually win this thing, I think that will single-handedly restore my optimism. I just get tired of suffering crushing defeat after crushing defeat season after season. It stings. A lot. And it's even worse when you're "supposed" to win every year and you still manage to find a way to blow it. But at least, this time, there's hope. I never truly believed that the Pacers had a chance to beat the Lakers, but I was happy just to finally be there after so many years of being so close. The Colts, however...they have a very real chance of winning this. So, my expectations are actually back up for the first time in a long time. I just hope I'm not leving myself open to get stung again.

I will happily eat crow if they pull this off. I would rather keep my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than expect a win and suffer through another agonizing loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If I wasn't a true fan, you wouldn't have heard squat from me the entire season until this game. If I wasn't a true fan, I wouldn't have wasted my time getting emotional over a team I didn't give a damn about. I'm just as much a fan as anyone,
    No Shade you're not just a fan you're a true fanatic. Hard to describe in words what this means to all of us. I know PCF has too be having a heart attack about now.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm not trying to single you out, but it really irritates me when people make this claim.

So, let me get this straight. Because we get frustrated over our team seemingly choking for the 164986461894654th time after we've invested so much in them emotionally, it makes us not true fans? Because we don't blindly pick them to win every game, we're not true fans? That's ridiculous. If I wasn't a true fan, you wouldn't have heard squat from me the entire season until this game. If I wasn't a true fan, I wouldn't have wasted my time getting emotional over a team I didn't give a damn about. I'm just as much a fan as anyone, and I'm insulted by the insinuation that someone who doesn't even know me saying I'm not. In fact, if you don't get emotional during a question, I question if you are, in fact, a true fan.

With that said, I'm ecstatic that I finally get to see my team in the Super Bowl, but I won't believe 100% until we win the whole damn thing. I'm still convinced that the Colts and Pacers won't win a title in my lifetime, and the fact that we seem to be heavy favorites early worries me even more.

If the Colts actually win this thing, I think that will single-handedly restore my optimism. I just get tired of suffering crushing defeat after crushing defeat season after season. It stings. A lot. And it's even worse when you're "supposed" to win every year and you still manage to find a way to blow it. But at least, this time, there's hope. I never truly believed that the Pacers had a chance to beat the Lakers, but I was happy just to finally be there after so many years of being so close. The Colts, however...they have a very real chance of winning this. So, my expectations are actually back up for the first time in a long time. I just hope I'm not leving myself open to get stung again.

I will happily eat crow if they pull this off. I would rather keep my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than expect a win and suffer through another agonizing loss.
    I didn't mention any names Even when they were down 21-3, I tried to make posts on the positive side to keep the fans from losing faith.

If they would have lost, it would have litterly ruined my entire week, at least.

I just had the feeling that the Colts would come out a different ball team after the half, especially with the last drive before the first half and with the idea of us having the ball at the ko.

I know how frustrated you were in the first half, so was I, but I really had faith in the team. This was not Mannings game to win or lose, it was a TEAM effort. We had just enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    I commend the crowd for continuing to applaud this team.
    Thanks Shade. It was the least we could do.

This thread made for an interesting read.

I will NEVER, repeat: NEVER, attend a sporting event better than this game right here. Ever. This was the stuff of grand childhood memories. I can still feel it, everybody was completely incredulous. The biggest most collective Did We Really Just Do That? moment you can think of. I'll never forget what the place looked like after than final INT, white flags waving above everyone's heads (including a few of the unofficial blue Patriots SUCK! towels), everyone jumping like madmen, U2 playing through the loud speakers: I know I'm not a hopeless case ... First damn time I've ever enjoyed U2. It just rang so true for this team.

"WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!"
    Last edited by SoupIsGood; 06-30-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Boo Colts!

I cannot wait for the freaking NFL season to start. I can already see it now..Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth just running straight up field catching 70 yard bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

I cannot wait for the freaking NFL season to start.
    Amen!

This thread is awesome. Should have been thread of the year.

This is Pacers Digest in a nutshell.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This thread is awesome. Should have been thread of the year.

This is Pacers Digest in a nutshell.
    This game and thread are all the emotions of being a sports fan all in one.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Boo Colts!

I cannot wait for the freaking NFL season to start. I can already see it now..Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth just running straight up field catching 70 yard bombs.
    Hey! Screw you!

But yeah, I miss the NFL. But don't worry, don't the camps start the end of this month?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I will NEVER, repeat: NEVER, attend a sporting event better than this game right here. Ever. This was the stuff of grand childhood memories. I can still feel it, everybody was completely incredulous. The biggest most collective Did We Really Just Do That? moment you can think of.
    That game was second all time for me.

The first took place in a small town in upstate NY called Lake Placid. The year was 1980. It was my junior year of high school and my father pulled me out of school for 3 weeks to go the Olympics.

We attended every single hockey game of the tournament. Nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING has ever came close to the feeling when we beat the Russians. Two days later when we won the gold was big, but it still did not match the electricity and complete feeling of euphoria of beating the Russians. That was hands down the single most amazing sporting event I ever attended.

We had no idea at the time but it would be the last real thing my father and I ever did together. Less than two months later he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He died that September. He talked with such joy about that tournament, that game, that trip together to his dying day.

Grand childhood memories indeed!!

I'm sorry about your dad, but, wow!--at least you guys got to share that moment together! That's just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by naptown View Post

The first took place in a small town in upstate NY called Lake Placid. The year was 1980. It was my junior year of high school and my father pulled me out of school for 3 weeks to go the Olympics.

We attended every single hockey game of the tournament. Nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING has ever came close to the feeling when we beat the Russians. Two days later when we won the gold was big, but it still did not match the electricity and complete feeling of euphoria of beating the Russians. That was hands down the single most amazing sporting event I ever attended.

We had no idea at the time but it would be the last real thing my father and I ever did together. Less than two months later he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He died that September. He talked with such joy about that tournament, that game, that trip together to his dying day.

That's one of the reasons I want to have kids. So I can share stuff like that with them.

Sorry about your dad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Hey! Screw you!

But yeah, I miss the NFL. But don't worry, don't the camps start the end of this month?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2913138

Quote Originally Posted by naptown View Post

Sorry about your Dad, first off.

That is an amazing moment though. I'm sure whatever supernatural being that reigns above us knew what was happening with your Dad, but at least wanted to give you guys one amazing moment in exchange for his early depature.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I love this thread I've read it from beginning to end at least 10 times and it's funny I know what the outcome is going to be but I still find myself getting nervous as I recall the moments mentioned in the thread "can we turn it around at halftime?" "can our defense get a stop?" "can special teams just get ONE MORE stop?" "can we keep the patriots from scoring ONE more time with only a minute or so remaining?"

Man I still get shivers and kind of teary-eyed reading this thread. I always wondered if just ONE of my favorite sports teams would ever win a championship before I died, granted I'm only 22 so god willing I would have had many chances for that special moment but I am definately blessed to have seen it happen at least ONCE in my lifetime and in this fashion...nothing comes close for me up to this point in my life of just the rollercoaster of emotions and heart pounding moments the couple of hours this game lasted. If the Colts ever win another championship it'll just be bonus happy times but it will take a hell of a lot to beat the feeling I had after that night.