Thread: Harrington says he's having more fun

Default Harrington says he's having more fun

Al says that yesterday's game as a Warrior was "the most fun he's had in his career."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2007012009

He threw up 21 shots and hit only 4. I'm sure he's having fun. I could do that out on my driveway and have fun too. Your team LOST, Al! How can he be so selfish to say that he had so much fun while missing 17 of his shots. I'm sure his teammates love that "he had fun" while they lost. I hate to say it, but I'm kind of glad that selfish attitude is gone (in part) from the Pacers.

Default Re: Harrington says he's having more fun

Quote Originally Posted by lafayettepacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al says that yesterday's game as a Warrior was "the most fun he's had in his career."

He threw up 21 shots and hit only 4. I'm sure he's having fun. I could do that out on my driveway and have fun too. Your team LOST, Al! How can he be so selfish to say that he had so much fun while missing 17 of his shots. I'm sure his teammates love that "he had fun" while they lost. I hate to say it, but I'm kind of glad that selfish attitude is gone (in part) from the Pacers.
    That is too funny. I'm pretty sure any player in the league who got to play a fast break, no defense style of play where they just jacked up 3's and long 2's all game would have fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by lafayettepacer View Post

LOL..I read the thread title,and I was going to post the same thing you said.Give him a couple months playing with Baron..and he will be mad that 90% of the offense goes through BD.

Goodbye to the cry babies...time for this team to play basketball..lets get to it!
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

ok, I see, everytime one of these cats says anything in the media about RC or the Pacers, you guys are going to post it on PD. Who cares? Lets talk about the team we have.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Because indirectly they are crapping on our team, franchise and coach.

And while beying a reasonably critical fan I can not tolerate BS from former players when it's this stupid and aimed at "us".

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Why are former players all of a sudden hating on the Pacers organization? This didn't used to happen; in fact, it was always the opposite, with players having nothing but nice things to say about us. Some of them even came back for second stints. Eh, perhaps we're doing something different? As fans?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Why are former players all of a sudden hating on the Pacers organization? This didn't used to happen; in fact, it was always the opposite, with players having nothing but nice things to say about us. Some of them even came back for second stints. Eh, perhaps we're doing something different? As fans?
    Some of them including AL - his second stint didn't last too long though.

You know, its a good thing we're not going to have capspace for the next 50 years, because after all of this no free agents are going to want to come here.

Harrington and Jax are vets and I think a lot of players respect their opinion, combine Indiana's boring rep with this crap and we're gonna have trouble convincing guys they want to come here.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    You know, its a good thing we're not going to have capspace for the next 50 years, because after all of this no free agents are going to want to come here.
    It looks like Utah is not having any trouble improving their team thru the draft and trades. Salt Lake is one of the very few NBA destinations lower on a free agents wish list then Indy, but they are doing OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog
    Harrington and Jax are vets and I think a lot of players respect their opinion, combine Indiana's boring rep with this crap and we're gonna have trouble convincing guys they want to come here.
    $,$$$,$$$ and oppertunity often speak the loudest when it comes to free agents. I'm not very worried about what Al Harrington has to say. In the end, he is still a player that the sad sack Atlanta Hawks practically gave away. The Hawks thought so much of "Baby Al" that they gave him away for a first round draft pick and to create a little space on the roster for a rookie.

As for Jax, I wish him the best in his new situation, but I don't think his name is going to carry as much credence when it comes to detering FA's or anyone else from the Pacers.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I'm not one to criticize coach Carlisle, but at some point you have to wonder exactly how happy the players are to play for him. A boss (the coach) that knows how to be a boss while taking care of his employees (the team) = happy employees(the team), happy employee's = happy customers (us)... If you know what I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    It looks like Utah is not having any trouble improving their team thru the draft and trades. Salt Lake is one of the very few NBA destinations lower on a free agents wish list then Indy, but they are doing OK.
    Doing ok this year. They've been wretched for a while.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Being one of those to criotsize RC a lot, this only makes me soooo happy Al is gone, for good I hope.

Whilst I was not happy to see him come back and wondered why the blackhole was allowed to come and F up our team for a second stint, doing so enough in the year he was traded to basketball hell, his comments make it I dearly hope he misses the playoffs (most likely) and will never ever get to play on a real team again.

He's just not worth it.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

[quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome
    It looks like Utah is not having any trouble improving their team thru the draft and trades. Salt Lake is one of the very few NBA destinations lower on a free agents wish list then Indy, but they are doing OK. /quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Also I imagine we have better odds still this year of making the finals then Utah right now.
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yes, ONE whole season under .500 since 1984. Are you kidding me? Don't we all strive to be so wretched.

Year League Record Finish
    2005-06 NBA 41 - 41 .500 2 (3 GB)
    2004-05 NBA 26 - 56 .317 5 (26 GB)
    2003-04 NBA 42 - 40 .512 7 (16 GB)
    2002-03 NBA 47 - 35 .573 4 (13 GB)
    2001-02 NBA 44 - 38 .537 4 (14 GB)
    2000-01 NBA 53 - 29 .646 2 (5 GB)
    1999-00 NBA 55 - 27 .671 1 (0 GB)
    1998-99 NBA 37 - 13 .740 1 (0 GB)
    1997-98 NBA 62 - 20 .756 1 (0 GB)
    1996-97 NBA 64 - 18 .780 1 (0 GB)
    1995-96 NBA 55 - 27 .671 2 (4 GB)
    1994-95 NBA 60 - 22 .732 2 (2 GB)
    1993-94 NBA 53 - 29 .646 3 (5 GB)
    1992-93 NBA 47 - 35 .573 3 (8 GB)
    1991-92 NBA 55 - 27 .671 1 (0 GB)
    1990-91 NBA 54 - 28 .659 2 (1 GB)
    1989-90 NBA 55 - 27 .671 2 (1 GB)
    1988-89 NBA 51 - 31 .622 1 (0 GB)
    1987-88 NBA 47 - 35 .573 3 (7 GB)
    1986-87 NBA 44 - 38 .537 2 (11 GB)
    1985-86 NBA 42 - 40 .512 4 (9 GB)
    1984-85 NBA 41 - 41 .500 4 (11 GB)
    1983-84 NBA 45 - 37 .549 1 (0 GB)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Yes, ONE whole season under .500 since 1984. Are you kidding me? Don't we all strive to be so wretched.

Year League Record Finish
    2005-06 NBA 41 - 41 .500 2 (3 GB)
    2004-05 NBA 26 - 56 .317 5 (26 GB)
    2003-04 NBA 42 - 40 .512 7 (16 GB)
    2002-03 NBA 47 - 35 .573 4 (13 GB)
    2001-02 NBA 44 - 38 .537 4 (14 GB)
    2000-01 NBA 53 - 29 .646 2 (5 GB)
    1999-00 NBA 55 - 27 .671 1 (0 GB)
    1998-99 NBA 37 - 13 .740 1 (0 GB)
    1997-98 NBA 62 - 20 .756 1 (0 GB)
    1996-97 NBA 64 - 18 .780 1 (0 GB)
    1995-96 NBA 55 - 27 .671 2 (4 GB)
    1994-95 NBA 60 - 22 .732 2 (2 GB)
    1993-94 NBA 53 - 29 .646 3 (5 GB)
    1992-93 NBA 47 - 35 .573 3 (8 GB)
    1991-92 NBA 55 - 27 .671 1 (0 GB)
    1990-91 NBA 54 - 28 .659 2 (1 GB)
    1989-90 NBA 55 - 27 .671 2 (1 GB)
    1988-89 NBA 51 - 31 .622 1 (0 GB)
    1987-88 NBA 47 - 35 .573 3 (7 GB)
    1986-87 NBA 44 - 38 .537 2 (11 GB)
    1985-86 NBA 42 - 40 .512 4 (9 GB)
    1984-85 NBA 41 - 41 .500 4 (11 GB)
    1983-84 NBA 45 - 37 .549 1 (0 GB)

hmm funny thing though.... we have been just as good overall during the same time period.. have been to the finals same number of times but made the ECF a lot more then they reached the WCF... over the same time...
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

You know how much I care about how much Fun a player has on the team I root for? None. I certainly don't want them to hate it, but fun? This is there job, it is work. It is called work not fun. I htink this is part of the problem with the NBA. THIS IS NOT A PARK PICK UP GAME FOR FUN! It is work, and sometimes it will not be what you want. I simply don't care about what players want anymore than what my boss cares about what I want. I am tired of these very well payed prima donnas complaining. Screw em. I just don't Care about what AL wants. I cared about what the team needed, he did not and now he is gone. Next!

GetMoney

na fun is the key... winning also should = fun tho so idk why he so geeked about havin fun while he's losing

but look at the suns... they playin duck-duck goose, ring-around-the-posie and what not before the game, havin fun, and it shows on the court

ps- Steve Nash is the best player in the world

Anybody read the WHOLE quote?

"I know I was 4-for-21, but that was the most fun I've had in my pro career," Harrington said. "I love playing that style. I apologized to my teammates ... because if I'd made three or four more shots, we're probably be in here smiling."
    (emphasis added)

Nice spin in this thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I think we are! I think we've become intolerant of perceived lack of effort, off court silliness and disruptive players. Out nice run in the 90's transformed the fan base, inho, into a smarter, more savvy one. I think we ask a little more of or players because we see what we are capable of doing.

As fans, we let players hear about it, whereas in the past, we may have looked the other way, grateful to be competitive. Now we hold our players to a higher standard.

I think it's funny that players are cracking on the organization. Why? because this league has become so ego-driven, on the players part. Stern has been trying to clamp down on the hip-hop culture that has permeated the NBA and a by produce of that culture is exagerrated machismo. PLayers bristle at being told what to do and how to play and anyone who do have the audacity to tell THEM what to do is the bad guy.

Our team wants to run a structured offense and that stiffles player's ability to show themselves off, giving them the limelight, and hence, enhancing their "fun."

Yeah, I think something's different. The players. Their sense of entitlement has gone through the roof.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Anybody read the WHOLE quote?

(emphasis added)

Nice spin in this thread though.
    Did you see the WHOLE game?

It wasn't that he was missing shots. Al Harrington looked HORRID out there.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The thread isn't about the game. Its about the quote. Of course I didn't watch the game. Why in the world would I ever watch a random Warrior/Cavs game

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Because indirectly they are crapping on our team, franchise and coach.

And while beying a reasonably critical fan I can not tolerate BS from former players when it's this stupid and aimed at "us".

Regards,

Mourning
    That was my reaction to it as well.

I mean it was one game, they lost the game, and Al shot the ball A LOT and horribly. How can he be "having" more fun in this short time, how can he even read how it is going to be at all without even playing with Baron yet?

And this stuff is why I made a big deal when AJ and AC slightly backpeddled on how great it was to be in Dallas once they came up short in playing time back in Indy. It will be the same with Al if he has more games like this and the fans start to give him the Dunleavy treatment for it.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quiller View Post
    hmm funny thing though.... we have been just as good overall during the same time period.. have been to the finals same number of times but made the ECF a lot more then they reached the WCF... over the same time...
    Which is exactly why I never understood all the moaning and complaining about how the Pacers never do anything, stink, etc. Or the complaints about Walsh either.

I agree with Gnome's reaction completely.

Pacers Need A Better GM. !Pacers-Fan!'s Avatar

Jackson Had Fun, Not AL...