Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Cavs game thread.

Default Re: Warriors vs Cavs game thread.

Jax with another big trey...
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Jack with another trey.

What a sequence by Jack.

RUUUNIIIIIIIIIIII

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al Harrington is going to have a lot more fun playing in golden state. RUnning opportunities galore.
    And right back to where he was in Atlanta - the lottery.

Well, time to watch Runi turn into a poor mans Steve Nash.

Poor Rick Carlisle having these players make him look bad. They can run in Golden State but they cant run in Indiana. Rick never gave them a chance to run.

Jack with ANOTHER three.

My god, imagine this team with Baron Davis.

dang - Cleveland getting crushed - LeBron looks pissed. Jax, Runi, AL all looking pretty good, Jax having a great night.

GO PACERS?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Poor Rick Carlisle having these players make him look bad. They can run in Golden State but they cant run in Indiana. Rick never gave them a chance to run.
    We started off running at the beginning of the season.

Remember how that wasn’t working out? Remember how bad they looked and how no one could run a fast break.

Then JO came out and said “We have got to change something”

As I said I wish all of these players well, but it is not fair to judge them based off of the first game. Let the honeymoon period be over, then the real winner can be chosen.

Remember Ron went almost the rest of the season after his trade before he resorted back to his old ways.

I am shocked to see saras playing so well, but I think his weaknesses will be revealed soon enough.

Jax is streaky, but I will never understand Al. It was like he did not care when he was here, now he gets traded he is playing hard again. We will see how long this lasts, though.

Michigan central st.

Damn, Sarunas is playing world class basketball, they made it a 20 point gap after he came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Al Harrington can kiss my you know what. The ninja turtle actually went from the 3 point line in to the paint to battle for a rebound. He did that about none times while he was here.
    Not true. He did that his first week here, as well. It just didn't last.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I am shocked to see saras playing so well, but I think his weaknesses will be revealed soon enough.

Jax is streaky, but I will never understand Al. It was like he did not care when he was here, now he gets traded he is playing hard again. We will see how long this lasts, though.
    To be honest, all three of them look absolutely thrilled to be playing basketball, and are all visibly having a lot of fun. Obviously their shooting will be a night-to-night quandry, but it seems as if Sarunas, Stephen, and Al are all going to benefit from the change of scenery on a long-term basis.

We started off running at the beginning of the season.

Remember how that wasn’t working out? Remember how bad they looked and how no one could run a fast break.

Then JO came out and said “We have got to change something”

As I said I wish all of these players well, but it is not fair to judge them based off of the first game. Let the honeymoon period be over, then the real winner can be chosen.

Remember Ron went almost the rest of the season after his trade before he resorted back to his old ways.

I hope Jack does well. So I hope he doesnt come back to earth and plays like this all the time.

Harrington I dont, he pissed me off with his I didnt really want to be in Indiana I always wanted to be in GS act.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    To be honest, all three of them look absolutely thrilled to be playing basketball, and are all visibly having a lot of fun. Obviously their shooting will be a night-to-night quandry, but it seems as if Sarunas, Stephen, and Al are all going to benefit from the change of scenery on a long-term basis.
    Almost all players look that way when they are traded. Not just in basketball but in most sports.

Once the guys relax (and I cant imagine the stress that comes with a move. Imagine waking up tomorrow and being told you longer work in Indiana, you are now employed in X state. Now go find a house amongst other things….) they generally all start off well and enjoy any kind of a move.

The cliché “The grass is always greener on the other side on the fence” is around for a reason.

Troy and Don looked thrilled and more relaxed IMHO as well this evening.

However, that honey moon period can only last so long.

Almost all players look that way when they are traded. Not just in basketball but in most sports.

Once the guys relax (and I cant imagine the stress that comes with a move. Imagine waking up tomorrow and being told you longer work in Indiana, you are now employed in X state. Now go find a house amongst other things….) they generally all start off well and enjoy any kind of a move.

The cliché “The grass is always greener on the other side on the fence” is around for a reason.

Troy and Don looked thrilled and more relaxed IMHO as well this evening.

However, that honey moon period can only last so long.
    I understand your point, generally that's true.

However, since we've all seen Al and Jack extensively throughout the years, we can make a better judgment than most. I just see a new type of energy - not a temporary burst of fun, but a general attitude of usefulness combined with happiness. The way Jack is conducting himself on the court - already pointing out defensive assignments, making some great passes, knocking down three 3's, etc. - is just not in the same manner. Al, Stephen, and Sarunas are simply no longer restricted and it took a huge weight off their shoulders, which should remain that way for the duration of their Warriors' careers. At least, I hope so.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I look for the Pacers to come out ahead of this in the long run just think Jack might be sent to prison for quite some time and possibly thrown out of the NBA. Harrington will not get his touches one Jason Richardson and Baron Davis come back which means even less playing time for Sarunas. They might be happy now but I bet we come out better in the long run. Ron Artest the moron that he is even had people thinking he was going to singlehandedly turn the Kings organization around and into an elite defense team in the east? That lasted real long...

There is the Jax we know he doesn't get the call so he stands there and yells at the refs as the other team gets a layup.

Overall though the three new Warrior players look pretty good tonight

Mike Brown was probably screaming and throwing things in the locker room at halftime. Cavs are playing now. And in this half you see the downside of the way the Warriors play.

"Jackson takes the casual three that Rick Carlisle was not a fan of. Nelson can't be a fan of that either."

And then Harrington blows the easy fastbreak.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Warriors are falling apart

Ugh, what an awful start to the 2nd half. Damn.

yeah yeaaah - looking ugly - like a different game. Hmmm.