Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

  1. #1

    Default Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
    God was showing him around.
    They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the
    window.
    "This house is yours for
    eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a
    house up here."
    Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up
    the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a
    3-story mansion with a Silver and blue sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole
    with an enormous Patriots logo flag, and in every window, a New England
    Patriots towel.
    Peyton looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but
    I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I
    even went to the Hall of Fame."
    God said "So what's your point Peyton?"

    "Well, why does Tom Brady get a better house than me

    God chuckled, and said: "Peyton, that's not Tom's house, it's mine."


    It is just a joke, but man, it sure seems like this is the case sometimes.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

  2. #2
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    If God was a Pats fan, their fans here on earth wouldn't be so rude and arrogant.

  3. #3
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by brich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
    God was showing him around.
    They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the
    window.
    "This house is yours for
    eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a
    house up here."
    Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up
    the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a
    3-story mansion with a Silver and blue sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole
    with an enormous Patriots logo flag, and in every window, a New England
    Patriots towel.
    Peyton looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but
    I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I
    even went to the Hall of Fame."
    God said "So what's your point Peyton?"

    "Well, why does Tom Brady get a better house than me

    God chuckled, and said: "Peyton, that's not Tom's house, it's mine."


    It is just a joke, but man, it sure seems like this is the case sometimes.
    I got a good laugh over it. But not as much of a laugh I get hearing other teams fans say that the Patriots were/are "lucky." You can get lucky and win 1 superbowl..but not 3.

  4. #4
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    they were lucky on all of them, our kicker won them their super bowls...
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  5. #5
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got a good laugh over it. But not as much of a laugh I get hearing other teams fans say that the Patriots were/are "lucky." You can get lucky and win 1 superbowl..but not 3.
    Well you had alot of help with the refs you have to admit.

    The Tuck rule, and then rules not getting enforced.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got a good laugh over it. But not as much of a laugh I get hearing other teams fans say that the Patriots were/are "lucky." You can get lucky and win 1 superbowl..but not 3.
    Man, I had a long 5 years living in Boston. I actually remember seeing the Patriots and Colts play at the old Foxborough stadium, in what I think was Peyton's rookie year. I was in a luxury box, it was a Monday night game, and I was psyched. It wound up being a bloodbath. The Pats absolutely cleaned our clocks.

    The Pats aren't lucky. They are an extremely well coached team, and they are almost the antonym for what the Pacers have represented in recent years. The play team ball, and if anybody starts singing a different tune, they are sent packing. They are absolutely ruthless, and I mean in a good way, in not overpaying players just because they have been with the team in awhile. With the realities of the salary cap, you just can't do that and stay a top tier team.

    They also have a tremendous quarterback in Tom Brady. He is not a stat chaser, and he puts the team first. He is a smart quarterback, who rarely forces things (although he did last week!), and doesn't make many mistakes. He is calm under pressure, and he is very competitive. I actually got to meet Tom Brady on three separate occaisions through work. I didn't talk to him much, basically just a "nice to meet you" (which I said every time because he sure as heck wouldn't remember me), and he was a genuinely nice guy.

    I don't think they are the same team that they have been in recent years, and maybe luck isn't the word, but they were fortunate to get the W last week based on their play. Give them credit though. San Diego gave that game away, and if you are willing to give the game away, the Pats are more than willing to take it from you.

    I hope we win. It won't feel as good a feeling that the Sox felt when they exorcised their demons by finally winning a World Series (and beating the Yankees along the way), but it will feel close enough for me.

    Good luck, but hopefully it is time for our day in the sunshine.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

  7. #7
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well you had alot of help with the refs you have to admit.

    The Tuck rule, and then rules not getting enforced.
    Only losers blame the refs. You think the Pats have gotten every call their way in the playoffs? Thats a complete joke. Some games, the officiating is bad..one game it will affect one team, the next it will affect the other. See: Indy and Pitt game last year.

  8. #8
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by brich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I had a long 5 years living in Boston. I actually remember seeing the Patriots and Colts play at the old Foxborough stadium, in what I think was Peyton's rookie year. I was in a luxury box, it was a Monday night game, and I was psyched. It wound up being a bloodbath. The Pats absolutely cleaned our clocks.

    The Pats aren't lucky. They are an extremely well coached team, and they are almost the antonym for what the Pacers have represented in recent years. The play team ball, and if anybody starts singing a different tune, they are sent packing. They are absolutely ruthless, and I mean in a good way, in not overpaying players just because they have been with the team in awhile. With the realities of the salary cap, you just can't do that and stay a top tier team.

    They also have a tremendous quarterback in Tom Brady. He is not a stat chaser, and he puts the team first. He is a smart quarterback, who rarely forces things (although he did last week!), and doesn't make many mistakes. He is calm under pressure, and he is very competitive. I actually got to meet Tom Brady on three separate occaisions through work. I didn't talk to him much, basically just a "nice to meet you" (which I said every time because he sure as heck wouldn't remember me), and he was a genuinely nice guy.

    I don't think they are the same team that they have been in recent years, and maybe luck isn't the word, but they were fortunate to get the W last week based on their play. Give them credit though. San Diego gave that game away, and if you are willing to give the game away, the Pats are more than willing to take it from you.

    I hope we win. It won't feel as good a feeling that the Sox felt when they exorcised their demons by finally winning a World Series (and beating the Yankees along the way), but it will feel close enough for me.

    Good luck, but hopefully it is time for our day in the sunshine.
    I agree for the most part. San Diego was a better team then us last week and we were lucky to get the win...But that's a classic example of what happens when you fail to execute on the opportunities you are given. The Patriots certainly made their fair share of mistakes that game, but the Chargers made just a few more.

    The Patriots aren't as good this year as they have been in years past, but you also have to remember they are currently 8 million under the cap and will be around 30 million under the cap at the start of next season.

  9. #9
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    The Patriots have gotten the benefit of calls, but who hasn't?

    They are not lucky, you don't win 3 Super Bowls being just lucky.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  10. #10
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    You are seriously going to deny the refs helped the pats Moses, thats sad that you can't accept your team for what it is.

  11. #11
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are seriously going to deny the refs helped the pats Moses, thats sad that you can't accept your team for what it is.
    3 time SB champs in the past 4 years? You'd love for the Colts to be in the Pats position right now.

    The refs at one point or another have helped every team in the league. I don't know what little demented world you live in where you think the refs are out to help the Pats in every game.

  12. #12
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 time SB champs in the past 4 years? You'd love for the Colts to be in the Pats position right now.

    The refs at one point or another have helped every team in the league. I don't know what little demented world you live in where you think the refs are out to help the Pats in every game.
    Two things:

    First, you shouldn't quote people who are on my ignore list, because then I have to read it anyways.

    Second, while I hate to admit it, the Pats have simply been the better team (up til now). Moses, you are 100% right that 3 SBs is not luck. One might be, but it's still got to be a pretty good team to get that far. Last week against SD, I think the Pats got lucky, for lack of a better word. If they play like that this week, they're toast in the Dome. But, the Colts haven't been without errors (especially Peyton) this post-season, and if they play that way tonight, I fully expect to lose this game. It'll be one heckuva football game. Just like last week, I think the Colts have a better team than the Pats, but that only matters if the Colts can execute and capatalize on New England mistakes.

    With that said...







    GO COLTS!!!!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  13. #13
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only losers blame the refs. You think the Pats have gotten every call their way in the playoffs? Thats a complete joke. Some games, the officiating is bad..one game it will affect one team, the next it will affect the other. See: Indy and Pitt game last year.
    the Pats may have deserved all the titles they have won. However, that doesn't mean they need to be cocky about it. Outside of being a fan the reason I hate the isn't because their good, but because they are cocky about it. Ask a fan how they feel about the and they will say the same thing.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    It looks like there is an new flag flying tonight.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

  15. #15
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    I got the same joke forwarded to me. Wow. It's going to be a fun campus tomorrow.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Joke Forwarded to me From a Boston Patriots fan

    I got that same e-mail...they're crying now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •