Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how many game winners has JO hit, granted Granger hasn't it many if any. But JO's I guarantee could be counted on one had. Not like he is clutch.
    This was Tinsley's fault wasn't it? He dribbled upcourt pretty slowly and what else was Danny supposed to do after that hand-off outside the 3-pt line with 1.5 seconds left aside from launch a 27-footer?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I do want to comment on the attendance. 15,300 - that is horrible on a Saturday night in the middle of January with 4 new players.
    Normally I'd agree. But there is, you know, this OTHER Indianapolis team with a game this weekend...

People might be a bit preoccupied for the next couple weeks. Give it time, the fans will come...

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    no and i understand that, i just am curious as to why, after he finally gave quis court time and quis responded, he wouldn't try to stick with it (as we may have found something that worked). i know its hard to make a case for just one guy, but i just mentioned i was disappointed that we didn't stick with the same philosophy... thats all i was saying

He didn't play that well tonight; that's why he didn't get that many minutes. I wish Rick would've taken Jamaal out for the same reason.

Okay, two games in a row we've let the opponent shoot over 50%. That is not good. If it happens again soon there's reason for concern.

Did anyone know we are the 4th worst shooting team in the league? Guess that happens when your pg is chucking it at a 33% rate and your guys aren't moving on offense.

I can't believe we lost to the Knicks. They're an awful team with a bad record in the 2nd of back-to-backs, yet they beat us. I'm getting frustrated with these poor efforts.

And what a really questionable coaching move to go for 2 and then foul with no timeouts and 6 seconds to go. Even if he misses both free throws, that puts us in an awful position to execute. ::shakes head::

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v_d_g View Post
    Been watching the Knicks all year, UC, and I've commented on their improved play and their many fine young players.

As you saw tonight, Eddy Curry is unstoppable and his game is getting better and better (in terms of defense and rebounding). (I at one time envisioned Harrison as a Curry clone (somewhat) but with Rick in charge, I've given up all hope --- Curry was given a LONG chance while he struggled; Harrison basically got NO CHANCE.)

Frye has a sweet stroke and when he learns to consistently put the ball on the floor and not take fouls he will be a fine player.

Lee, as I mentioned on previous threads, is a FLAT out STAR ---he's a superior rebounder, a quick jumper, has a very nice handle, and is incredibly athletic. His game is getting better and better with each outing. (Jeffries is taking some of his minutes but not for long) Next year, with increased offensive production (and some point forward play) his value is through the roof. Just think, the GREAT LARRY BROWN, when asked about Lee on a local talk show last year, opined (after some urging) that Lee would be a good role player at best.

Nate Robinson is quick as hell and very good offensively.

You guys didn't get to see Balkman tonight BUT he's incredibly active and will also be a very fine player.

Seems like Isaiah, yes the much maligned Isaiah, has done quite well in the talent evaluation department.

Add, Crawford, who can get to the rim whenever he wants and is CLUTCH, Richardson, who is shooting lights out lately and can post up just about anybody, and the rejuvinated Marbuy and you have quite a nice team.

I realize you boys in the midwest don't get to see too much in the way of ATHLETIC teams, of course, the taking of a CHARGE is the standard by which players are judged out there, BUT tonight you all witnessed what basketball played by ATHLETIC players is all about.

Danny Granger is a good player but he'll never be better than LEE.

Shawne Williams has potential but he's probably not going to be the player Frye is or that Balkman will become. In other words, the KNICKS UP SIDE is huge while the Pacers, lacking a 2007 #1, basically have none.

Which brings us back to the incredibly poor decision of giving up Artest and a #1 for Al Harrington. I'll never get over this and will continue gravitating over to the KNicks for entertaining basketball.

The new players are good BUT not good enough.
    Spike Lee is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Okay, two games in a row we've let the opponent shoot over 50%. That is not good. If it happens again soon there's reason for concern.

Did anyone know we are the 4th worst shooting team in the league? Guess that happens when your pg is chucking it at a 33% rate and your guys aren't moving on offense.

Play Greene or Quis at PG, and the problem would easily be solved. They would not allow that type of penetration. If they need another guard to play SG, put Marshall out there...another good defender who is ready for more minutes. Dunleavy could definitely be the playmaker. He is a prototypical point-forward. Perfect for this system IMO.

Tinsley blew it for us down the stretch, trying to take the Knicks one-on-one several times when he shouldn't have, and then he didn't try to take them one-on-one when he should have, on the last play. He is good with the ball, I like his aggression, I like his talent. He even played passable defense tonight. But his game management is not good and it is pretty much never good.

Dunleavy looked nice for a while in the third, then got a bit overconfident, but that was nothing a lot of our recent players (Artest, Jackson, Tinsley, etc.) haven't done.

Murphy, eh. His defense was nothing to write home about...I'm not sure anything he did was epistle-worthy.

I do not understand how Marquis Daniels isn't playing 30 minutes a night. Good things happen when this man has the ball.

Been watching the Knicks all year, UC, and I've commented on their improved play and their many fine young players.

As you saw tonight, Eddy Curry is unstoppable and his game is getting better and better (in terms of defense and rebounding). (I at one time envisioned Harrison as a Curry clone (somewhat) but with Rick in charge, I've given up all hope --- Curry was given a LONG chance while he struggled; Harrison basically got NO CHANCE.)

Frye has a sweet stroke and when he learns to consistently put the ball on the floor and not take fouls he will be a fine player.

Lee, as I mentioned on previous threads, is a FLAT out STAR ---he's a superior rebounder, a quick jumper, has a very nice handle, and is incredibly athletic. His game is getting better and better with each outing. (Jeffries is taking some of his minutes but not for long) Next year, with increased offensive production (and some point forward play) his value is through the roof. Just think, the GREAT LARRY BROWN, when asked about Lee on a local talk show last year, opined (after some urging) that Lee would be a good role player at best.

You guys didn't get to see Balkman tonight BUT he's incredibly active and will also be a very fine player.

Seems like Isaiah, yes the much maligned Isaiah, has done quite well in the talent evaluation department.

Add, Crawford, who can get to the rim whenever he wants and is CLUTCH, Richardson, who is shooting lights out lately and can post up just about anybody, and the rejuvinated Marbuy and you have quite a nice team.

I realize you boys in the midwest don't get to see too much in the way of ATHLETIC teams, of course, the taking of a CHARGE is the standard by which players are judged out there, BUT tonight you all witnessed what basketball played by ATHLETIC players is all about.

Shawne Williams has potential but he's probably not going to be the player Frye is or that Balkman will become. In other words, the KNICKS UP SIDE is huge while the Pacers, lacking a 2007 #1, basically have none.

Which brings us back to the incredibly poor decision of giving up Artest and a #1 for Al Harrington. I'll never get over this and will continue gravitating over to the KNicks for entertaining basketball.

A knicks fan trash talking?

Must be nice to be almost out of the lottery for once. How much are the Knicks paying again for their roster?

On the post game show on WIBC, during the interview of Rick, he said that the play was to get it to JO for a close shot to force overtime, but Tinsley couldn't get it to him, so he shoveled it to Danny for a 3.

A knicks fan trash talking about our future potential?

Must be nice to be almost out of the lottery for once. How much are the Knicks paying again for their roster?

I'll have to go find the post where I pegged you as a troll within your first 30 posts. I'll try not to pull a muscle patting myself on the back, however.

I liked what i saw in pacers today

Sports Logo

I will let you guys judge Tinsley's overall offensive and defensive game.....but I didn't seem to scream at the TV for the first 3 QTRs ( which to me...means that he didn't seem to make too many mistakes and did fairly well ). I just didn't like that he shutdown the team from an offensive perspective until it came down to crunch time towards the end of the 4th QTR. He took 3 or 4 straight FGA...admittedly...he drew trips to the FT line twice...but there didn't seem to be any real attempt to look for someone else.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

As for the game itself, I like the way the new guys played, and obviously the defense suffered because (a): They're not used to playing strong defense every night and (b): it's always easier to learn offensive sets than it is to learn who rotates where, when, and why.

The main difference I've noticed already is that except for the few times Tinsley decided to have a NY PG Battle, we no longer have guys get the ball and decide from the moment it touches their hand that "this is my shot", and then proceed to take it in regardless of double-teams or wide-open teammates.

I think FG% should improve and turnovers will go down as a result of this trade.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

-Tinsley needs to be traded... just poor decision making... dominating the ball way to much in an offense that Rick has now claimed he wanted ball movement in now... The selfish 1 on 1 play at the end of games is getting old, especially since it's not effective... he lost Marbury many times on D and allowed him to have easy uncontested entry passes inside time after time in the 1st half... and at the end the Knicks kept iso'ing Marbury against Tinsley, knowing about his matador D... (also anyone noticed he got benched for like the final 3 or so min of the 1st half after making bad plays at each end)

-I think we could have played a little better more aggressive D if it wasn't for the Refs calling some incredibly tic tacky terrible calls...

-I really liked what I saw from the new guys tonight...

>>
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    Normally I'd agree. But there is, you know, this OTHER Indianapolis team with a game this weekend...

People might be a bit preoccupied for the next couple weeks. Give it time, the fans will come...
    So the game is 24 hours later and people can't go to the Pacers game. Are they tailgating already?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    So the game is 24 hours later and people can't go to the Pacers game. Are they tailgating already?
    More like they blew all their disposable income on tickets, jerseys, or tailgating supplies.

I don't understand your purpose here. You're saying our new players are good but not that good and you're judging them by one game after one practice. They haven't even been here a full 48 hours. Danny will never be better than David Lee? They don't even play the same position. That's a flat out retarded comparison. Harrison was never an Eddie Curry clone because he's too foul prone and kinda clumsy.

As far as the bolded part, I'm seeing that as a personal shot to the people on this forum. Seems like you're trying to question someones intelligence as if nobody on this forum has ever seen another NBA team besides the Pacers. As if nobody here has NBA League Pass and can see what the hell is going on. Why don't you pull your head out of your *** and wake up and come back to reality you ignorant troll.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    He didn't play that well tonight; that's why he didn't get that many minutes. I wish Rick would've taken Jamaal out for the same reason.

I can't believe we lost to the Knicks. They're an awful team with a bad record in the 2nd of back-to-backs, yet they beat us. I'm getting frustrated with these poor efforts.

And what a really questionable coaching move to go for 2 and then foul with no timeouts and 6 seconds to go. Even if he misses both free throws, that puts us in an awful position to execute. ::shakes head::
    What the HELL do you expect? Moving in 3 new players, 2 of them with reasonably substantial playing time is going to have its effects. I will have no problem if we lose the next few games, but I see improvement, gelling, chemistry improvement and notice that people are starting to understand their defined roles and their playbook.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I'll never get over this and will continue gravitating over to the KNicks for entertaining basketball.
    Hallelujah. Second-best news I've heard this week.

I still don't see what you expect to get with the 20th pick in the draft, but you can believe whatever you want.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    I don't understand your purpose here. You're saying our new players are good but not that good and you're judging them by one game after one practice. They haven't even been here a full 48 hours. Danny will never be better than David Lee? They don't even play the same position. That's a flat out retarded comparison. Harrison was never an Eddie Curry clone because he's too foul prone and kinda clumsy.

As far as the bolded part, I'm seeing that as a personal shot to the people on this forum. Seems like you're trying to question someones intelligence as if nobody on this forum has ever seen another NBA team besides the Pacers. As if nobody here has NBA League Pass and can see what the hell is going on. Why don't you pull your head out of your *** and wake up and come back to reality you ignorant troll.
    Wow! And I 100% aggree! Not too mention he somehow succeeds in getting the 2007 first rounder mentioned again aswell.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I'm gonna say one single thing because I already said it all after the Miami game, and this one fact backs up my complaint from that thread.

52.3% FG for the freaking NY Knicks IN INDY, not MSG. 108 points allowed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The funny part is last time I checked "Virginia" isnt really the "midwest"....

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I'm gonna say one single thing because I already said it all after the Miami game, and this one fact backs up my complaint from that thread.

52.3% FG for the freaking NY Knicks IN INDY, not MSG. 108 points allowed.
    Give it a rest already.

The Knicks would have shot lights out with Jax and Al or without them.

Our team defense looked horrible, but what do you expect from a group of guys who have had all of a day of practice.

I would argue learning defensive assignments is just as hard as learning offensive sets, and these guys all looked a little "lost at times".

I'll wager that the defense gets better has the team has more time to "gel"

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Well I have to address this...
    What the HELL do you expect? Moving in 3 new players, 2 of them with reasonably substantial playing time is going to have its effects.
    The Pacers hosted the freaking Knicks.

The Warriors hosted the Cavs. Jackson is the Cavs leading scorer tonight and already at 36 minutes played (8 more than 2nd place Al), Al has 28 minutes and even Saras is seeing 14 so far. The Warriors are up by 9 with 9 left in the 4th.

Jack went out and the game is now down to 5 with 8:19 to go, but still...

The point is that the Warriors had the same issue, have the players coming their way STARTING and playing the MOST minutes on the team, and they are beating one of the top East teams, not the lottery bound Knicks.

So let's skip the "all that change" angle, it hasn't kept Jack from going 9/18 for 25 with 5 reb, 4 ast, and 5 steals. Not a good first result on this trade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Well I have to address this...

The Pacers hosted the freaking Knicks.

The Warriors hosted the Cavs. Jackson is the Cavs leading scorer tonight and already at 36 minutes played (8 more than 2nd place Al), Al has 28 minutes and even Saras is seeing 14 so far. The Warriors are up by 9 with 9 left in the 4th.

Jack went out and the game is now down to 5 with 8:19 to go, but still...

The point is that the Warriors had the same issue, have the players coming their way STARTING and playing the MOST minutes on the team, and they are beating one of the top East teams, not the lottery bound Knicks.

So let's skip the "all that change" angle, it hasn't kept Jack from going 9/18 for 25 with 5 reb, 4 ast, and 5 steals. Not a good first result on this trade at all.
    First of all, the Cavs are a very streaky team. And why should we skip the "all the change" angle? You ever moved? Better yet moved jobs? Lets not just skip that, that is a lot of added pressure and with that comes a lot of stress and responsibility.

Look, I know you are a big Jackson fan so I will post the same thing I posted to ajbry in the other thread

We started off running at the beginning of the season.

Remember how that wasn’t working out? Remember how bad they looked and how no one could run a fast break.

Then JO came out and said “We have got to change something”

As I said I wish all of these players well, but it is not fair to judge them based off of the first game. Let the honeymoon period be over, then the real winner can be chosen.

Remember Ron went almost the rest of the season after his trade before he resorted back to his old ways.

I am shocked to see saras playing so well, but I think his weaknesses will be revealed soon enough.

Jax is streaky, but I will never understand Al. It was like he did not care when he was here, now he gets traded he is playing hard again. We will see how long this lasts, though.
    Almost all players look that way when they are traded. Not just in basketball but in most sports.

Once the guys relax (and I cant imagine the stress that comes with a move. Imagine waking up tomorrow and being told you longer work in Indiana, you are now employed in X state. Now go find a house amongst other things….) they generally all start off well and enjoy any kind of a move.

The cliché “The grass is always greener on the other side on the fence” is around for a reason.

Troy and Don looked thrilled and more relaxed IMHO as well this evening.

However, that honey moon period can only last so long.

Lets not judge a trade made during a 82 game schedule off of 1 game. If Jax comes out next game and scores 1 point with 5 turnovers and no assists will you proclaim us the winner of this trade? I think that is about as ridiculous and as silly as going extreme and calling this a bad trade because the man is having one good game.