Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 98

Thread: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

  1. #1
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    JO should have shot that last shot of the game. Granger is not ready to take game ending shot, he is 0 for 3 on them and I dont know why he keeps getting a chance to do it.

    GIVE JO THE DAMN BALL.

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    I don't like Rick's call to go for a 2 pointer down by 3 with ten seconds left and no timeouts. Even tho JO made it, you were forced into going the length of the court in 6 seconds. Which means it would have been very hard to get the ball to JO. Poor play calling by Rick late in the game IMO.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #3
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    I like what I saw out of Murph and Dun Dun. If they can play like this everynight (with better shooting for Dun) I will be very happy. And this came off them not knowing the playbook much and being nervous for their first game.

    I like where the team is heading.

  4. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,531

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO should have shot that last shot of the game. Granger is not ready to take game ending shot, he is 0 for 3 on them and I dont know why he keeps getting a chance to do it.

    GIVE JO THE DAMN BALL.
    I agree...with Marbury's knee and Curry out....I would have much rather went for the 2pt shot with JONeal for the tie and pull the game into OT then go for the win. Granger was way behind the 3pt line for that shot.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    I do not have a problem with Danny taking end of game shots. I do think he could have passed that one up, or at the very least tooken a step in or taken a extra second, but thats a tough call to make.

    I know some people are down because we lost to the Knicks, but I am excited.

    This is a fun team to watch, and I think with time this team has the capability to make a run for the playoffs, esp. with the east as wide open as it is.

    I always have 1 or 2 games a year where I say I hate hearing "We lost because of the refs" but tonight was one of those nights. We lost this game for that exact reason. Violet Palmer is NO DOUBT the WORST ref in the NBA.

    I missed most of the third quarter, but from what I saw I am really going to like the new guys.

    Ike is very young and kind of raw talent wise, but I think he is a great project for the franchise.

    Troy Murphy is a Jeff Foster with a jump-shot, and considering I am a huge ND fan and also a huge Foster fan, I think I will come to like him.

    I am not sure on Dun. He was a bit streaky tonight, I generally dont like streaky shooters but I love his effort and the fact he was all over the floor tonight.

    Danny, I love you big guy. For all of Reggie's great shots, he also missed his fair share of them. Keep your head up, things will get better

    For most of this season I was not excited to be a Pacers fan, but now I am finally happy to support this team again

    GO PACERS

  6. #6
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    This isn't normal for me after a loss, but I'm very proud of this team. After one practice the new guys played well. I'm really starting to feel for Danny though. The last two games the fate of the game has fell into his lap and he keeps falling short. And the terrible calls by the refs did not help us at all. The trade definitely helped this team and I am looking forward to the rest of this season.

  7. #7
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,244

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like Rick's call to go for a 2 pointer down by 3 with ten seconds left and no timeouts. Even tho JO made it, you were forced into going the length of the court in 6 seconds. Which means it would have been very hard to get the ball to JO. Poor play calling by Rick late in the game IMO.
    6 seconds is definitely enough to get the ball to JO inside.
    Look, Jamaal is as slow as a turtle and Danny still got the ball with something like 2 seconds on the clock.
    A good PG would have taken it all the way to the hoop, that's what either Marbury or Crawford did when NY recently won a game at the buzzer.

    I don't understand the play calling on this one. What's the point of looking for the 2 on when you're down by 3 and looking for the 3 when you're down by 2?

    Overall, I think we're on the right track but we need a new PG ASAP!
    I was enjoying Jamal's play until he forgot that this was a NBA game and not a one-on-one contest versus Marbury.

    edit: and WHERE was Danny for most of the second half?

  8. #8
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    i think it definitely hurt us that we weren't able to come up with a play cause of no timeouts....this is one of the reasons why RC is calling all the shots...the players haven't got the best idea to come up with reaction towards what the D throws at 'em...

    as for the overall performance of the game...

    I like Murphy...he is similar to Foster with better offense...but not as great on D....

    speaking of D...right now we're really hurting....besides the hustle plays by Armstrong...we haven't really had that strong stand...of course the players are still new so there isn't any chemistry....I'm just hoping that is the only stopping point from them getting better at D....

    MDJ - I liked his effort....attacking the basket and running around screens were definitely a plus....when he can knock down those open shots...it's going to be very good....

    Ike - wasn't on tonight...he had the jitters and the butter fingers...hence he didn't get much PT...

    JO - he needs the ball to go through him...but the Knicks were triple teaming him and made it hard to get that entry pass....

    DG - he wasn't involved in the offense in the second half...and i think he got cold towards the end...

    JT - he was good throughout the first 3 quarters...and felt that he needs to take the game over in 4th cause no one else was making a shot in that span...

  9. #9
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,136

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    We could have used Ed Smith tonight.

  10. #10
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,579

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO should have shot that last shot of the game. Granger is not ready to take game ending shot, he is 0 for 3 on them and I dont know why he keeps getting a chance to do it.

    GIVE JO THE DAMN BALL.
    Come on man Granger had 3 guys around him and I don't even know if Jermaine was in the picture. Besides you know how many times Reggie missed before he became "clutch". I agree with you however that he's not ready for that type of a responsibility. If the refs call that foul when Danny attempted that 3 at the end of the quarter. The phantom foul call on Jeff against curry when he was behind the backboard to bail curry out. The out of bounds call on JO even though he wasn't even out of bounds. Any of those three calls go the other way and I wholeheartedly believe we're either tied or ahead.

    Ike looked wayyyy jittery out there for his first game and being a young player and his first time on a team after just one practice I didn't expect the man to come out and throw down a triple double his skills will develop.

    Troy Murphy one game out of golden state and he puts up a double double. I look for this to become more and more of the norm he too though looked jittery and there were some points in the game where he had no clue but that too will change after he gets some practice in with this team another thing that will happen is he'll start to space the floor for Jermaine even more and Jermaine's numbers as well will go up

    Mike Dunleavey I'm absolutely sold on Dunleavey he comes in new teammates, new system, one practice and he puts up somethin like 17-19 points and he did it within the flow of the game and the offense. Them Duke boys they're somethin else, smart, smart basketball players.

    I'm looking forward to our team gaining chemistry, hopefully that happens sooner rather than later. The East better look out we're gonna finish the rest of this season strong.

  11. #11
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    I never expect teams to win immediately after big roster shakeups so Im not too disappointed by the loss. Ill attribute this one to the fact it took until the second half for the team to settle into its comfort zone. Even so, I have to say that Im excited by this TEAM, note the word TEAM.

    Two things I think lost us this game: perimeter D and dribble penetration. TPTB have recognized these problems and hopefully they are going to make that one more trade.

    Murph and Dunleavy looked good in their debuts, better than I expected. Now I just hope Al and Jack play like crap tonight so we can stop hearing about how Mullin robbed Bird on the trade.

  12. #12
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 seconds is definitely enough to get the ball to JO inside.
    Look, Jamaal is as slow as a turtle and Danny still got the ball with something like 2 seconds on the clock.
    A good PG would have taken it all the way to the hoop, that's what either Marbury or Crawford did when NY recently won a game at the buzzer.

    I don't understand the play calling on this one. What's the point of looking for the 2 on when you're down by 3 and looking for the 3 when you're down by 2?

    Overall, I think we're on the right track but we need a new PG ASAP!
    I was enjoying Jamal's play until he forgot that this was a NBA game and not a one-on-one contest versus Marbury.
    I think you were watching a rerun with AJ as the PG, if not then your judgement is somewhat out of synch with reality here.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  13. #13
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    glad for how well MDJ played and same for TM...

    i'm surprised that after the great game he just had against the heat, that Quis didn't play more. i'm quite disappointed with that.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  14. #14
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could have used Ed Smith tonight.
    Yeah and played him at SF so Granger could sit on the bench during that last shot.

    Get mad

  15. #15
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    I don't mind Danny taking that last shot. You have to miss some in order to make them. I have faith that future Danny will hit that one. Good game by all the new Pacers, both DUN DUN and Murph showing what they can bring.

    We got the Bulls next, must win game for us!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you were watching a rerun with AJ as the PG, if not then your judgement is somewhat out of synch with reality here.
    I agree.

    I also agree that Jamaal should have taken the ball to the hole, but I do not think he was to slow brining the ball up the floor.

    That is a tough situation to be in with no time-outs, but Jamaal got the ball to a open man. Danny just needs to take his time. Experience helps more then anything.

  17. #17
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm surprised that after the great game he just had against the heat, that Quis didn't play more. i'm quite disappointed with that.

    I think its going to be hard to make a case for just one player these days...cause a lot of players looked good given certain periods of the game tonight and made a case for them to be on the floor

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Unclebuck,

    Were you at the game this evening?

    If so, you really do get home fast. It takes me 70-100 minutes to get home from Skins games.

  19. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like Rick's call to go for a 2 pointer down by 3 with ten seconds left and no timeouts. Even tho JO made it, you were forced into going the length of the court in 6 seconds. Which means it would have been very hard to get the ball to JO. Poor play calling by Rick late in the game IMO.
    I disagree - the strategy worked, we got the Knicks to miss a free throw and had a chance to win with a 3 or tie with a 2.

    Overall that was a frustrating loss even though it was understandable.

    Let me start by saying the Knicks played very well even though they had too many turnovers, but they really shot the ball well. And for anyone who thinks David Lee just tore the pacers up - yes he did, but he's been doing that over the past couple of weeks - 8 straight double-doubles.

    Pacers team defense was poor - but I can accept that tonight because the 3 new guys had no clue much more so on defense than on offense.

    Ike - he struggled - really struggled - it is going to take him some time as a second year player.

    Murphy - he can rebound, he just has a knack for it, very good hands. I do need to say that if he's 6'11" then I'm 6'10" - no way he's that tall. at least he plays a lot smaller.

    Dunleavy - played like I figured he would. He is a streaky scorer as we saw tonight, but he can create a shot and that is a plus. He brings a new dimension to the team.

    I can't blame the new guys for their poor defense, afterall they've been coached by Nelson for 4 months and before that by Montgomery for 2 years, I think any player would have some bad habbits after those two coaches.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think its going to be hard to make a case for just one player these days...cause a lot of players looked good given certain periods of the game tonight and made a case for them to be on the floor
    Not only that but also Rick is going to try many different lineups to see what will work best.

  21. #21
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    About the refs: yeah there were some terrible calls tonight. But I think the refs helped us a little to get back in the game at the end of the fourth. Of course they owed us some calls, they had built up a pretty sizable debt of bad calls in the third.

    That out-of-bounds call on JO was just one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen in my life. I don't understand how the refs could think it is physically possible, with the laws of nature that govern our world, for JO to be out of bounds when Lewis was in between him and the baseline, that just astounds me.

    About Dunleavy: I like his streak at the end of the third, but he seemed to be getting a little selfish there with the ball for a few possessions. Still, I felt like RC shouldnt have pulled him when he did. He was deffinitely in his grove at the moment.

  22. #22
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unclebuck,

    Were you at the game this evening?

    If so, you really do get home fast. It takes me 70-100 minutes to get home from Skins games.
    I did not attend the game tonight. But I usually get home in about 15 -20 minutes

    I do want to comment on the attendance. 15,300 - that is horrible on a Saturday night in the middle of January with 4 new players. It does prove one thing. All those fans who said they wouldn't buy a ticket or go to a game solely because jackson was still in a Pacers uniform either lied or were all out of town this weekend.

  23. #23
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,579

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just hope Al and Jack play like crap tonight so we can stop hearing about how Mullin robbed Bird on the trade.
    Unless you think either Jack will get 17 points *tries to hold in laughter*

    or Al gets a double double *can't hold it in any longer*

    Than I seriously doubt we have to worry about the game to game comparison.

  24. #24
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree...with Marbury's knee and Curry out....I would have much rather went for the 2pt shot with JONeal for the tie and pull the game into OT then go for the win. Granger was way behind the 3pt line for that shot.
    Granger was way behind the 3pt line because of Tins...there wasn't enough time for Granger to get in position. Why in the world would Tins take the inbound pass just 5 ft inside the line then have the entire length of the court to dribble? He's been in the league long enough to know to go farther down the court to get the ball because the clock doesn't start until the ball is touched.

    I'm not so sure that Granger's # was called on this play. He just happened to be the one that Tins could get the ball to with the time expiring. It was just one of Tinsley's not too smart plays of the night.
    .

  25. #25
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss To Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only that but also Rick is going to try many different lineups to see what will work best.
    no and i understand that, i just am curious as to why, after he finally gave quis court time and quis responded, he wouldn't try to stick with it (as we may have found something that worked). i know its hard to make a case for just one guy, but i just mentioned i was disappointed that we didn't stick with the same philosophy... thats all i was saying
    This is the darkest timeline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •