Thread: Worst Defense I've seen the Pacers Play this Year

Default Worst Defense I've seen the Pacers Play this Year

I haven't seen this many open shots against the Pacers all season. Warmup jumpers all over the place.

The rotations were slow or nonexistent, they didn't fight through picks, the weakside help was atrocious, they sure didn't LOOK like they ever communicated with each other out there.

The offense was fine. JO didn't have a good game but other people like Al picked him up like they have all year.

Pacers have three days off. My guess is that Carlisle will spend two of them reminding the Indy how to play D.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Default Re: Defense I've seen the Pacers Play this Year

Pacers have three days off. My guess is that Carlisle will spend two of them reminding the Indy how to play D.
    Boy do I hope so.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Worst Defense I've seen the Pacers Play this Year

I just think the Pacers didnt care about this one. Teams do that from time to time. They tried to mail one in and got burned.

I just think the Pacers didnt care about this one. Teams do that from time to time. They tried to mail one in and got burned.
    Looked a lot that way to me too. Carlisle's gonna be seriously PO'd about it - especially coming off a loss. Looked like they tried to turn it on in the 4th but by that time the Wizards were in a zone.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Pacers defense was not very good tonight, no question.

The key was the Wizards guards were beating their defenders off the dribble again and again, so the pacers big men had to help and that was one big reason why the Wizard's big men were so effective.

Wizards also ran the pick and roll very well and in sveral diferent and odd spots on the floor and it opened things up for their big guys.

But the Wizards played a great game. According to their broadcasters the best game they have played by far this season. Don't take my word for it, take theirs they see the every game

They look tired. I'm glad the all-star break is coming up pretty soon.

Or, if you want me to take a wild angle at it, I'd blame it all on Foster's finger.

You all have heard me say before that Foster is the key - when he hustles, everybody picks it up a notch. The defensive rotations are fast and correct. And it carries over to the offense as well. The passes move smoother, people get in a rythym, etc. Ever since he hurt his finger, he's been a bit off. It bothers him much more than has been reported, I think. I think enough to take a slight edge off of his hustle. It seems we've run out of gas a bit since then. Add Ron's injury which does the same to him - and he's somebody we feed off as well - and that equals a team "funk".

But for whatever reason, they look tired. Or as my wife put it "out of sync".

It'll be short-lived, I think. Happens to all teams more than once during a season.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They look tired. I'm glad the all-star break is coming up pretty soon.

Or, if you want me to take a wild angle at it, I'd blame it all on Foster's finger.

You all have heard me say before that Foster is the key - when he hustles, everybody picks it up a notch. The defensive rotations are fast and correct. And it carries over to the offense as well. The passes move smoother, people get in a rythym, etc. Ever since he hurt his finger, he's been a bit off. It bothers him much more than has been reported, I think. I think enough to take a slight edge off of his hustle. It seems we've run out of gas a bit since then. Add Ron's injury which does the same to him - and he's somebody we feed off as well - and that equals a team "funk".

But for whatever reason, they look tired. Or as my wife put it "out of sync".

It'll be short-lived, I think. Happens to all teams more than once during a season.
    Foster seemed fine to me, I thought he was the best player on the floor. He just only got 24 minutes for some reason, when the Artest, Harrington, O'Neal front-line was horrible defensively against the pick-and-roll.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is the first time in a few weeks that our backcourt has been outplayed. Reg and Tinsley got torched at both ends of the court.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is the first time in a few weeks that our backcourt has been outplayed. Reg and Tinsley got torched at both ends of the court.
    I disagree, and say every game since the home game vs San Antonio, that the backcourt has been outplayed, besides the Detroit game. In the New Jersey game, Kidd played very well in the 1st half and is always Kidd, Terry and Jackson torched the Pacers on Monday, the Pistons guards sucked badly, Francis torched everybody, and Knight, Blake, and Hughes were absolutely dominant.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I disagree, and say every game since the home game vs San Antonio, that the backcourt has been outplayed, besides the Detroit game. In the New Jersey game, Kidd played very well in the 1st half and is always Kidd, Terry and Jackson torched the Pacers on Monday, the Pistons guards sucked badly, Francis torched everybody, and Knight, Blake, and Hughes were absolutely dominant.
    You may be right. This is the first time I noticed it, however.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Tim

I think it was just time for some losses.

Mentally wore out, perhaps they are still adjusting to being the hunted instead of the hunter.

I don't think we are looking at the start of a second half collapes yet since this season we don't have the injuries and family deaths.

Mental lose should have been Houston. Washington is inexcusable. That is a terrible team. Even if they played their best game all year, we still should beat them. Pathetic.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Even if they played their best game all year, we still should beat them. Pathetic.
    This is the NBA. There are no truly terrible teams. Even Atlanta has the talent to beat anybody if they play their best basketball. Don't be delusional.

It was a bad loss, but keep it in perspective.

I am not that concerned, I have the utmost condifence that Carlisle will get the team back on track.

Pacers played some very emotional games the past two weeks, games that take a lot out of a team. Games that a team wins still take a lot of of a team: games like

at Dallas
    at Spurs
    H -Spurs
    at - NJ
    H- Pistons

Those are tough games and Pacers won 4 of those and really had the game at S.A wrapped up. Pacers are a little mentally drained, they play so damn hard that a little letdown is going to happen

Perhaps most importantly... we are missing the play of our second best player....Artest has been...SUBpar....

Perhaps most importantly... we are missing the play of our second best player....Artest has been...SUBpar....
    I think that is important to remember. Hopefully time off will give him a chance to recuperate. We need him to perform to do well. What really made me upset in the Rockets game was the fact that Artest was hurt, yet they kept going to him time after time. He was NOT shooting well, and it made no sense to me why they kept giving him the ball.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.