Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's discuss JO to the Nets

Default Re: Let's discuss JO to the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you so high on Krstic? The guy can score, no doubt about it, but his rebounding and defense are utterly pathetic. Troy Murphy can do anything Krstic can do plus he's actually a damn good rebounder.
    What makes me high on him? He is a 23 yo true 7' center whose numbers are skyrocketing while he is shooting over 50%. He will be an all-star btw. He also seems to be a smart player with an ability to hit the clutch shot. He reminds me of a more mobile Rik Smits. I am also high on him because he is right in the age range of our new core of Granger, Ike and Williams. ...and he is a center, unlike the other members.

Now, If you think Murphy is better than Krstic, I can't really say much to change your mind. There really is no comparison. Murphy's a better rebounder right now, but that's it.

Let's discuss JO to the Nets.
    Let's not. Seriously.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    I agree with you on Krstic's potential. I'd love to have him with the Pacers. However, lets not forget he is injured this season. The other thing is we've only ever seen him as a 4th option on a team with 3 other guys who can really create for post players. Those 3 guys are making Mikki Moore look like he deserves to be a starter. I'm not saying that Krstic is Moore, but it just doesn't make sense to surrender Jermaine O'neal to get him.
    Those are good points...and something to be wary about. Certainly Krstic is not facing double teams like JO.

I guess part of this deal for me would be to get Kidd and most importantly get rid of Tinsley. That would fulfill the remainder of my personal goals for cleaning up this team.

I still hold that Krstic is the real deal, but perhaps my interest in purging Tinman is clouding my vision.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Those are good points...and something to be wary about. Certainly Krstic is not facing double teams like JO.

I guess part of this deal for me would be to get Kidd and most importantly get rid of Tinsley. That would fulfill the remainder of my personal goals for cleaning up this team.

I still hold that Krstic is the real deal, but perhaps my interest in purging Tinman is clouding my vision.
    Haha I read this right after my post on Tinsley. Certainly Kidd would run the team better than Tinsley for a few seasons. I think this trade stands a good chance to help Tinsley though.. but thats in another thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Why do people keep acting like JO provides a post presence. He doesn't. 15 footers=/=post presence.

Kidd pulls down triple doubles about half as often as JO pulls down a 20-10 game, Kidd>>JO
    JO will be putting up 20/10 games long after Kidd has retired.

I dont even know why I take anything you say when it comes to JO seriously.
    You would trade him for Kwame, wouldn't you?

I can't understand why anyone would want to trade for Kristic.

Update: Nets starting center and No. 2 scorer Nenad Krstic will have season-ending surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, reports the Associated Press. Krystic suffered the injury in Friday night's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

This happened a month ago. He will be lucky to be playing by next January.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    JO will be putting up 20/10 games long after Kidd has retired.

I dont even know why I take anything you say when it comes to JO seriously.
    You would trade him for Kwame, wouldn't you?

Update: Nets starting center and No. 2 scorer Nenad Krstic will have season-ending surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, reports the Associated Press. Krystic suffered the injury in Friday night's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

This happened a month ago. He will be lucky to be playing by next January.
    Man, that is brutal. Sorry to hear that for him, he's a very talented offensive big. I agree with the more mobile Smits view. If you pair him with a Ben Wallace/Dale Davis type he's just the thing you'd want, plenty of buckets for sure.

Who can say now with this nasty injury.

If Jermaine is gonna get traded, you trade him for some up and coming players, picks and expiring contracts. You dont trade him for a 34 year old PG who makes just as much as he does.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to be over simplistic, but trading J.O. for Kidd is just foolish. No way, Jose!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Why do people keep acting like JO provides a post presence. He doesn't. 15 footers=/=post presence.

Kidd pulls down triple doubles about half as often as JO pulls down a 20-10 game, Kidd>>JO

Did you watch the Knicks game at all... Knicks had to almost triple team JO in the post... if they didn't he killed them inside. Yes he shoots a lot of 15 footers and is hitting them regularly.. becuase it is either that or get double triple teamed in the post most nights. The only reason we lost last night is besause we let Richardson shoot mostly uncontested shots all night long... becuase Granger and others forgot he was a shooter and doubled off him all night long, plus Cury was hitting anything he threw up and the refs were calling a type of game that helped him do what ever he wanted in the post. he continually pushed his way inside running over foster or murphy with out getting the offensive foul call... and the refs really called a bad game all around and made a lot of obvious bad calls that disrupted the natural flow of the game.
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.