View Poll Results: What date would you prefer the forum party to be on?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • February 24th

7 26.92%
  • March 24th

10 38.46%
  • March 31st

3 11.54%
  • Any of the 3 work for me

6 23.08%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Party XIV - March 24th @ 5:00 - Menu on post 90

Default Forum Party XIV - March 24th @ 5:00 - Menu on post 90

For those new to the forum.............

For a few years now we have been gathering to meet the friends we have made here on the Pacers Digest. These usually take place in early July as well as a Saturday early in the season without a game. Due to the trade re-shaping our team it seems like a great idea to have another party, thanks Shade.

So, we meet again on Saturday, March 24th at 5:00 at the Castleton Pizza King

I have kind of set up a few "guidlines"

1. Everyone that reads the forum is invited & encouraged to attend. This includes everyone from the founder to those that have just found us. Even if you only come here to read & have yet to summit your very first post, you are welcome too.

2. Stay as long as you like. Although the party has a beginning and ending time you may drop in whenever you're able. Some come in late & some leave early, either way, we're glad you were able to attend. We always order a second helping of pizza so there will be food for those drifting in, mid-party.

3. Your part of the bill - $10 Currently we ask that those sharing in the food & drink chip in $10.00. Pizza King has other menu items that you may order but thats on you. The $10 should cover the pizza, soft drinks & a small tip for our waitress.

A little side note on this. The past couple parties we have had enough to cover the bill but the tip has been rather small. If this trend continues we "might" need to bump our contribution up a few bucks.

We usually wrap things up at Pizza King just after 9 & re-form the party at the Perkins on the corner of 82nd and Allisonville Road. That portion of the party can last until the wee hours of the morning.

Thats the basic story. We set around, eat pizza & talk about the Pacers. Kinda like what we do here but it does take on a whole different feel setting at a table with Hick, Shade, Uncle Buck, Kegboy, Peck & the rest of the regulars.

I'll keep track of those that have mentioned they might be attending. More for me then anyone, I'll need to warn our host how big a group we plan on having. It also gives you an idea who could be there.

If this is something you think you might like to do, just let us know & I'll add you to the list. Oh, one last thing..... the menu. We usually start out with a pizza with everthing, one meat lovers, & one with hamburger & pepperoni. The 2nd order is left up to those at the party. So, if you don't eat meat or wish to have a cheese only pizza, we can do that.

Thanks, see ya there.

Default Re: Post Trade Deadline Forum Party - Pick a date poll

Not making ANY promises, but there is a small chance I can attend the 24th of March

That's the only date I can put in a 5/6 day visit schedule IF I can get everything else to fall into place.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I voted for the 31st, but could probably make any date work. Also I owe you $10 from the last one Jose, don't let me forget.

As a newbie...what all does the Post Trade Deadline Forum Party, consist of? Is it open for anyone? Where is it held, etc.?

Roferr

Anyone that reads the board is invited to attend.

There is a Pizza King in Castleton that we have kind of made or home over the past several years. Once we pick a date I'll post all the basic info. The short version is..........

We set around & talk about the Pacers, the NBA & to a lesser degree, the forum. We have some pizza & meet the friends we've made here on line over the years.

Everyone that enjoys the pizza tosses in about 10 bucks to cover the bill.

Makes for a great night out.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted for the 31st, but could probably make any date work. Also I owe you $10 from the last one Jose, don't let me forget.
    same here, well from the 1st to last one
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still am petitioning for you guys to use a "video confrence" for us out of towners

I have no clue what my schedule is, but if I can make another one of these I def. will try. Not sure if it would be this one, though

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Roferr

Anyone that reads the board is invited to attend.

There is a Pizza King in Castleton that we have kind of made or home over the past several years. Once we pick a date I'll post all the basic info. The short version is..........

We set around & talk about the Pacers, the NBA & to a lesser degree, the forum. We have some pizza & meet the friends we've made here on line over the years.

Everyone that enjoys the pizza tosses in about 10 bucks to cover the bill.

Makes for a great night out.
    OK, Thanks. Sounds like something worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    OK, Thanks. Sounds like something worth looking into.
    It is. I was really impressed. It's always good to put a face to a name. I my case it allowed me to come home and make a Peck doll to burn in effigy. So life-like, it even had a pull string that made it say "Dale Davis is greater than you".

Actually Peck ran a tight ship of just insane amounts of Pacers talk. It's all ages, all POV about the team, and just hours of discussion as a group. Last time (my first) I'd say we just flat-out ran out of energy to keep going, and still were anyway. People were starting new subjects when everyone was almost asleep in their seat, like kids staying up to play a game or something.

Very relaxed situation and everyone genuinely loves the Pacers even if they don't like the current makeup of the team.

And at this point you and I are now safe from coming to blows regarding Jackson. I encourage you to attend, you'll make some new friends for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    It is. I was really impressed. It's always good to put a face to a name. I my case it allowed me to come home and make a Peck doll to burn in effigy. So life-like, it even had a pull string that made it say "Dale Davis is greater than you".

Actually Peck ran a tight ship of just insane amounts of Pacers talk. It's all ages, all POV about the team, and just hours of discussion as a group. Last time (my first) I'd say we just flat-out ran out of energy to keep going, and still were anyway. People were starting new subjects when everyone was almost asleep in their seat, like kids staying up to play a game or something.

Very relaxed situation and everyone genuinely loves the Pacers even if they don't like the current makeup of the team.

And at this point you and I are now safe from coming to blows regarding Jackson. I encourage you to attend, you'll make some new friends for certain.
    Thanks, Seth, I'll certainly entertain the thought. Were there anybody in my age group that can talk about the ol' ABA days?

Actually, without Jax, we're pretty much on the same page.

Thanks, Seth, I'll certainly entertain the thought. Were there anybody in my age group that can talk about the ol' ABA days?

There are always a group of us old timers that fondly recall that funny little ball.

As I can't influence votes made, I do emphasize I would like to attend, but as I want to see Pacers games as well and may have 3 games in 5 days if planned carefully, I emplore you to consider the 24th of March
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I voted Feb. 24, but I could likely do any of those, so change mine to March 24th for Abel's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    There are always a group of us old timers that fondly recall that funny little ball.
    Great! I just turned 63 and watched the Pacers on their inception in 1967. We had the best franchise by far, Kentucky was a distant second.

I picked Feb. 24th, but if it comes down to it, I could probably make any of the three dates. So if it's close, my vote isn't set in stone.

I don't really like any of those dates, but I'll see what I can do.

The poll is still open & I hope we get a few more votes but I think we're leaning toward March 24th.

March 24th looks like the only time the "out of towners" can make it, so that sounds good to me.

I'm thinking the exact same thing Shade.

The poll is open until the 27th but it looks like its going to be March 24th.

Peck's about 60.

I guess it ran from about 18 to mid-50's. Odd to see such a diverse group all pretty much single minded in their interests. Even the views on the team didn't fall along age lines or anything like that. Just a big bowl of Pacers fan gumbo.

I'll plan on the 24th then it sounds like.

Is March 24th a Saturday?

If so, I could probably come down, assuming a few other things fall into place.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

yea it is.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

I voted any of the 3, but I don't like all these out-of-towner's coming, so change mine to February 24th for Pete's sake.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I voted any of the 3, but I don't like all these out-of-towner's coming, so change mine to February 24th for Pete's sake.
    Who is Pete and whats wrong with us out of towners?

March 24th is my eldest son's birthday, so I'm more than likely out for that date.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731