Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good God

Default Good God

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...348#post531348

Can he just SHUT UP long enough to see if this thing takes? Damn JO - it wasn't working. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: Good God

JO will get over it. If he doesn't he'll be traded.

But ultimately JO says that he will be happy if the team wins. That's the most important thing. There is no way he'll complain if this becomes a killer team just because his pals aren't here. He's a competitor.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't see anything wrong with JO's comments. Its not like he is saying, "Screw this I want out or anything." Its understandable that he is upset about Al and Jack getting traded, but its not like he is saying they will not embrace the new guys. In fact, I heard another interview where JO stressed how hard he would work to embrace the new guys. If you ask me this was JO just being JO truthfully answering the questions that were asked of him.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Actually... JO's quotes don't really look that bad to me. At worst, and this is taking his quotes in context with what the writer has added, JO is just distancing himself from any part in the decision to pull the trigger (no pun intended for Sjax) on this trade.

The writer is implying it goes deeper but he neglected to get those inflammatory quotes into the article (if they even exist) from the way I am reading it.

In any case... JO might not have intended for this to happen but he set the wheels into motion at the 8th game of the season when he decided he didn't like his role in the new offense. So he got his wish, but it might've not played out like he'd hoped. I'm not sure what he expected though.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I hope JO keeps talking everytime something bothers him I hope he puts it out into the public just to **** Pacers fans off. Its great and very funny, that fans act like the world is coming to an end when a NBA player speaks. If it bothers you why are you reading it? Go get reborn into a 6-11 Basketball God and then you can act like everything is great, and lie to the fans and the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO will get over it. If he doesn't he'll be traded.
    That's kind of the point UB. Just wait for a minute to see what happens before you let yourself get quoted in the press.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    That's kind of the point UB. Just wait for a minute to see what happens before you let yourself get quoted in the press.
    JO has never been one to turn away an interview which is one of the reasons he has become a favorite among NBA analysts and reporters. I really think you are reading too much into these comments. I don't see anywhere where he directly attacks the Pacers organization. Hes sad to see his friends leave thats all.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He said he wants to remain a pacer, wants to retire as one actually. So how can people manipulate that into he wants to be traded elsewhere? He's upset his buddies were traded, but like it's already been said it wasn't going to work out and once we start winning this will all be behind him. Jackson and Harrington were losing us games with inconsistant play and distractions off the court, if he is really all for winning he should embrace these new guys and be excited his franchise is making the effort to get guys in there to compliment HIM and turn the ship back around towards a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I hope JO keeps talking everytime something bothers him I hope he puts it out into the public just to **** Pacers fans off. Its great and very funny, that fans act like the world is coming to an end when a NBA player speaks. If it bothers you why are you reading it? Go get reborn into a 6-11 Basketball God and then you can act like everything is great, and lie to the fans and the media.
    It's fine that he may be upset. But he has to do an interview about it? Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    It's fine that he may be upset. But he has to do an interview about it? Get real.
    I question this article or supposed interview. One of those quotes seemed a lot like what he said on TNT last night. I think the author just took JO quotes out of context and used them in an inflammatory way. Classic yellow journalism. Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    You can hope all you want that JO speaks his mind but be prepared to read about him in another city on another team. That's life. Take issue with your bosses ( i.e. guys who pay you) and see how indispensable you are. It won't take much more for TPTB to trade JO too. No I don't want to see him go.

“Especially Al. I fought all summer to get him back and three months into it, he’s gone. I was a little hurt by that, personally, but it’s a business too.” - JO

I find it funny that JO is saying hes hurt by Al being traded only 3 months after he tried so hard to get him here, while meanwhile Al is in Oakland saying he never wanted to come back to the Pacers in the first place and couldn't he happier to be with the Warriors.

Now I think hearing your 'friend' say that would hurt more.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Um...did I miss something? I don't see anything troubling coming out of JO's mouth here at all.

GetMoney

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    “Especially Al. I fought all summer to get him back and three months into it, he’s gone. I was a little hurt by that, personally, but it’s a business too.” - JO
    word... hurt me too

He never looked happy last night, and overall didn't seem to be into the game. I'm not surprised he's not happy with the trade, and I don't expect him to be (lost his best friend, and Stevie - a headache for fans but a player's favorite). I said all of this in the game thread yesterday if y'all really care.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he really believed that the five that was starting was the best in the league then I might be worried about his ability to make good basketball judgements, but since he was probably saying that to make the guys that left look better than they were, I'm o.k. with what he had to say.

Mood

I don't see anything in his comments to warrant the tone of the article and its headline. He was hurt personally. It almost reads to me like the author wants to spin this into he doesn't want these new players on the team.

JO and his whinning lost me right here "With Al and those guys, I felt like we had the best five in the league" BUH, WTF, snuh? Buh. Guh. Not. I am over his crap, he needs to now put up and shut up. He sure talks alot.

JO will be fine, especially if we start to win. And when the day comes and he does leave, IKE will be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't see anything in his comments to warrant the tone of the article and its headline. He was hurt personally. It almost reads to me like the author wants to spin this into he doesn't want these new players on the team.
    My feelings on this exactly.

Look I've not made any seceret to my feelings on O'Neal & I certainly was not happy with the post game 8 meeting at all (to say the least).

But in this case I think it's just a New York writer doing what they do for thier market, stir up something that isn't really there.

I've not heard anyone say anything really negative out of this trade at all. Not Al, not J.O., not Ike, not nobody.

I understand ABAdays frustration with J.O., but in this case I am not going to say anything about his statements because I just don't see anything that bad.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I am just now getting to read up on everything, though when I watched the tivo of the miami game and caught JO's interview....

I got the impression that he was saying kind of what you expected to hear, and that he was doing as a ruese. His friendship with Al would have to be pretty deep to overlook Al's absence on the boards. Heck, one game JO was in after rolling his ankle and he was still the only one going up 2 and three times after the loose. Well Granger was there too.

Regardless, I am happy that something was done. I am looking forward to seeing what happens when you have players with perhaps less tallent, but a better work ethic. I enjoyed watching the shorthanded game to see more of the bench.

I am a little confused about the money issues as well. Someone else noted that the contracts wont matter if there are more W's. Why does anyone outside of management really care, it's their money. Besides, I dont think that it is a lack of funds which stops deals, they are as much emotional for the fans as well as the management. There is as much accounting as behavioral finance at work. Should'nt the fantasy league derivation / iteration prove this to be true?

Thanks for the forum all

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

whatever comes and goes JO will be happy winning peroid.. as for al his ego is damnn! any ways let get the team ready to roll!!
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Meanwhile on cbs.sportsline.com's NBA page, Danny and JO grace the front and the cover article is "Big trade has O'Neal excited about Pacers' prospects." Let's all get real. JO just wants to win...as a Pacer. How can we be frustrated but expect him not to be after five seasons of being close but never quite getting there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post

I find it funny that JO is saying hes hurt by Al being traded only 3 months after he tried so hard to get him here, while meanwhile Al is in Oakland saying he never wanted to come back to the Pacers in the first place and couldn't he happier to be with the Warriors.

Now I think hearing your 'friend' say that would hurt more.

Harrington actually said that about the Pacers? That is kind of messed up IMO.