Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacer Trade Rumors...

streets ahead

Default Pacer Trade Rumors...

I didn't see a thread dedicated to this so I thought I'd start a general rumors thread...

According to Yahoo Sports, there is now a rumor that Jermaine could be traded soon...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...?urn=nba,21816

Informed sources near the Indiana Pacers situation suggest that Jermaine O'Neal may be a lot closer to being dealt than even he will admit. A few weeks ago, O'Neal announced that if he could not get the Pacers turned around, maybe it was time for him to go.
    That seems very likely to happen this summer, although a handful of GM's and scouts say it could happen before next month's trade deadline. One source hinted that the Denver Nuggets' Marcus Camby or even the Sacramento Kings' Brad Miller could be parts of a package involving O'Neal.

SOURCE: hoopsworld.com
    I highly doubt that we would trade JO for Brad Miller. I think this is just proof (along with the MDJ for Maggette rumor) that these people have no clue what they're talking about. I definitely think we're going to make another move but I think our guesses are as good as the media's.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Default Re: Pacer Trade Rumors...

NO WAY DO WE TRADE ONEAL RIGHT NOW>>>THAT RUMOR IS CRAZY!

Yes, let's trade JO for Brad... nothing to worry about there. *rolls eyes*. If we were going to trade him, Camby would be worth a look now that he's not entirely made of glass (though he's not out of the woods). But I don't see us trading him unless 1) He explicitly requests it and/or 2) We tank the rest of this year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just looked at the slaries, no conceivable cap matching trades came to mind.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Banned

Troy Murphy > Brad Miller

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You Got The Tony!!!!!!

streets ahead

well you certainly don't bring in BMiller if you just traded for Murphy
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

That is all.
    Indeed

SOURCE: hoopsworld.com
    This is all you need to know...nothing to see here..

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is the both the dumbest and funniest trade rumor I've ever read. It reminds me of the Bender and Croshere trade rumors that guys used to come up with here on the forums - only in reverse.

If JO is traded for anyone other than KG or Chis Bosh then it's gonna be a lopsided trade and not in the Pacers favor.

If the Pacers do make another trade, I hope they do it soon so all this stupid media speculation can just stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

The only true part about that rumor is that if JO is traded, he most certainly would head to the Western Conference.

Um, I don't think it would be wise for Sacramento to trade for Jermaine O'Neal while Ron-Ron the basketball is still there. And I think Jermaine might pull an "I'm not going there" if that was a possible destination, mainly because of Ron, but also because it's not really a place guys seem to want to go to (Ron, Iverson).

Denver, I could see I guess. They could send us Camby, probably Nene, and a draft pick or two. I don't know how well AI-Melo-JO would work out on offense, but they sure would be a dangerous team.

That said, I don't see JO getting traded anytime soon unless he specifically asks for it. But all signs seem to indicate that if he asks for one, it will be in the offseason after he and Donnie/Larry sit down and have their post-season chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post

NOT even close.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    I didn't see a thread dedicated to this so I thought I'd start a general rumors thread...

According to Yahoo Sports, there is now a rumor that Jermaine could be traded soon...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...?urn=nba,21816

I highly doubt that we would trade JO for Brad Miller. I think this is just proof (along with the MDJ for Maggette rumor) that these people have no clue what they're talking about. I definitely think we're going to make another move but I think our guesses are as good as the media's.

All right...We get Brad and Ron back. yeah babyyyyy

I was wondering before and I wonder now, does Ike Diogou make Jermaine more expandable than he was before?

I really don't know a whole lot about Ike since he has been in the league. I know he has a lot of talent and is very unproven thus far but I don't know what all he can do for sure or how ready he is.

I would be leary of dealing Jermaine with Ike unproven and assuming that we would have Ike and Murphy as our starting 4-5 combo that is not a lot of defense.

If we decided to deal Jermaine it might be alright if we got Jamaal Tinsley. But I would defiantly perfere to keep Jermaine atleast until summer. I say this because we owe our first round pick to Atlanta. We might as well just keep Jermaine. I doubt we get better by trading him in the short term. This would give Ike more time to get comfortable and develope. It also would put less pressure on him to performe well so soon into his career.

The only thing is, would waiting to trade Jermaine, assuming that we do want to trade him, hinder the ability of a team trading for him? For example, Chicago. To match Jermaine's salary they would have to include P.J. Brown. P.J. is going to be a free agent this summer, therefore the Bulls won't have his 8 million dollar salary to trade. At the same time, with free agents this would open up sign and trades although I have no idea who the free agents will be this summer. So I guess it goes both ways.

If we trade Jermaine we better deal Tinsley with him for one thing. We better get a lot of guard help. We also better not be dealing Jeff or Maceo for that matter. We will need all the defense we can get if Ike and Troy are our starting 4-5 tandem.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I was wondering before and I wonder now, does Ike Diogou make Jermaine more expandable than he was before?

I really don't know a whole lot about Ike since he has been in the league. I know he has a lot of talent and is very unproven thus far but I don't know what all he can do for sure or how ready he is.

I would be leary of dealing Jermaine with Ike unproven and assuming that we would have Ike and Murphy as our starting 4-5 combo that is not a lot of defense.

If we decided to deal Jermaine it might be alright if we got Jamaal Tinsley. But I would defiantly perfere to keep Jermaine atleast until summer. I say this because we owe our first round pick to Atlanta. We might as well just keep Jermaine. I doubt we get better by trading him in the short term. This would give Ike more time to get comfortable and develope. It also would put less pressure on him to performe well so soon into his career.

The only thing is, would waiting to trade Jermaine, assuming that we do want to trade him, hinder the ability of a team trading for him? For example, Chicago. To match Jermaine's salary they would have to include P.J. Brown. P.J. is going to be a free agent this summer, therefore the Bulls won't have his 8 million dollar salary to trade. At the same time, with free agents this would open up sign and trades although I have no idea who the free agents will be this summer. So I guess it goes both ways.

If we trade Jermaine we better deal Tinsley with him for one thing. We better get a lot of guard help. We also better not be dealing Jeff or Maceo for that matter. We will need all the defense we can get if Ike and Troy are our starting 4-5 tandem.
    I agree...if JONeal goes...Tinsley should go with him...that's the only way that we will be able to get rid of Tinsley...ship him out in a package. But given the way the moves we just made...TPTB do not seem to be the type to simply "pack it in" for the season by moving him.

The only moves that I can see is making is trying to package Foster and Tinsley that would allow us to make a lateral move at the PG spot and getting back a SG that can hit the 3pt shot.

Admittedly...I would prefer to wait until the summer to make any moves....I know that Tinsley sucks at time.....but I really want to see how we do with a JONeal/Granger/Tinsley/Foster/DunDun/Murphy/Marquis/Shawne/Greene/DA lineup.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Keep in mind that Donnie Walsh stated that the Pacers were not looking to trade Jermaine O'Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post

Thanks for starting a general rumors thread for the main page. I was going to start one on the 22nd if no one had started one. Why the 22nd? Because a month from that date is the trade deadline. After that point I figure this thread can be moved to the thread forum.

As for JO being traded it's not going to happen, period!

Look at the evidence. They are trading for players that compliment JO. It would be asinine to surround him with players that fit and then trade the player that makes it all work.

I'm going to dismiss out of hand any Pacer trade with JO in it. Donnie has said he will sit down with JO after the season and discuss his future. That I believe. Unless something very unforeseen occurs, any JO trade will be at the earliest this summer.

And need I remind people that Bird and Walsh like trades to go down without fanfare. The Harrington trade with Atlanta was blabbed all over the place by Atlanta with even their owners getting into the act, not by Bird and Walsh.

The only other Pacer trade that went down with fanfare was The Ron Artest trade, and we all know why that happened. Generally no one gets a sniff of a pacer trade until right before it happens. So, if you are reading about a Pacer trade on the Internet or in the newspapers, unless it's imminent, there's almost no way it's happening.

With all that said I like to read the rumors myself. I even look into them and see if they are financially and contractually sound. That doesn't mean I believe them though. And even if a source tells someone the Pacers are talking about a certain player that doesn't mean anything, GM's talk deals all the time but nothing comes to fruitation.

What I will give some credence to is any trade rumors that contain Tinsley or Harrison. Even those I will take with a grain of salt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    NOT even close.
    Scoring wise they're equal. Defensive wise, they're equal. So which do you prefer from your PF/C, rebounding (Murphy) or passing (Miller)?

I'll take rebounding.

We are not trading JO. We are retooling and giving the JO era one more shot. This is the last one, however. ...especially in the event Ike spikes.

One of the big benefits of a whole-team turnover like this, is that new guys coming in assume that JO is the leader, even if previous generations didn't believe it. It's a subtle brushstroke on a big canvas, but it's one that caught my eye.

I think they've geniunely built around him.

The fan base also needs a big draw and right now JO is it. Danny maybe in the future becomes the draw but the money that goes to support the team follows JO. There will be one guy moved before the deadline and that is Harrison who now is more than expendable. The Ps are not going to invest in him with the players they just traded for. Fouls, attitude, and injury spell 3 strikes.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The trade we just made was about three things. 1.) Getting Ike Diogu, 2.) Making Danny our second option, and 3.) Giving JO a team where he is the unquestioned top banana.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Jermaine O'Neal-F/C-Pacers Jan. 19 - 7:06 pm et

According to Hoopsworld.com, informed sources near the Pacers suggest that Jermaine O'Neal could be on the verge of being traded.
    A move reportedly is likely this summer, but something could come down before the trade deadline that involves Marcus Camby or Brad Miller. The rumor suggests that Camby would then be shipped to a third team. A trade involving O'Neal obviously would have great impact upon the fantasy landscape; stay tuned for more on this situation.
    Source: hoopsworld.com
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

IMO, Dunleavy for Maggette would make sense.

SWEET, Ike and Granger are the future. Now we need a PG. Theres this really great guy at Ohio state we could try and trade up for.