Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers To Flip Dunleavy For Maggette?

Default Re: Pacers To Flip Dunleavy For Maggette?

This move could certainly happen. I am glad to see that TPTB aren't sitting around. Let's get players to fit around JO and lets make a run at the title, the EAST is wide open.

streets ahead

am i the only one who doesn't like maggatte? i never felt he'd be an improvement over jax. i'd love cuttino instead but i don't know how available he might be.

i also agree that if something were going to happen with dunleavey why it wouldn't have been a 3-way deal yesterday
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get it....if some Dunleavy for Maggette deal could happen...why didn't it happen when Dunleavy was with the Warriors?
    I've read that Dunleavy for Magette straight up would not work when he was with the Warriors because he was a BYC status. That's also why the Pacers couldn't make this a straight 3 way deal. Now that the trade is completed, Dunleavy loses his BYC status which makes the salaries of Dunleavy and Magette come close enough to make a trade.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    I've read that Dunleavy for Magette straight up would not work when he was with the Warriors because he was a BYC status. That's also why the Pacers couldn't make this a straight 3 way deal. Now that the trade is completed, Dunleavy loses his BYC status which makes the salaries of Dunleavy and Magette come close enough to make a trade.
    Well.....I haven't checked it before....but a Maggette for DunDun works now on the Trade Checker.

I still think that there would be concerns from the Clipper's Management about the "father/son/player/coach" angle....enough concerns to hinder any liklihood of DunDun moving to Indy.

Outside of DunDun's contract and the liklihood that he will end up taking away minutes from Granger and Shawne ( all major concerns )....I have always thought that he's a decent "all-around offensive player that does a little bit of everything except play slightly below average Defense" If given the 6th man role where he plays 25+ minutes a game....I think that he may actually do fairly well. If he is able to find his role in Indy...he maybe a more consistent 3rd/4th scoring option then SJax was.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Dunleavy had hoped to trade for his son
    By Jason Reid, Times Staff Writer
    January 18, 2007

It seemed Golden State Warriors Coach Don Nelson was alluding to a potential trade with the Clippers when he recently said that forward Mike Dunleavy Jr. is "more of a blend player" who would function best in a supporting role.

That's how the Indiana Pacers apparently plan to use the fifth-year player, who was acquired Wednesday from the Warriors in an eight-player deal that also sent forwards Troy Murphy and Ike Diogu and guard Keith McLeod to Indiana.

The Warriors received forward Al Harrington, swingman Stephen Jackson, forward Josh Powell and guard Sarunas Jasikevicius in a trade that disappointed some Clippers officials.

Coach Mike Dunleavy had hoped to acquire his eldest son, team sources said, believing the former Duke All-American and third overall pick in the 2002 draft would have been a good fit because of his shooting range and high basketball IQ.

But it now appears that the Dunleavys won't be a father-son act with the Clippers any time soon.

Before the Clippers defeated the Warriors, 115-109, Wednesday at Staples Center, Dunleavy declined to comment on the team's efforts to acquire his son, for whom he had high praise.

"He's a really good team player," Dunleavy said. "He has won a championship at every level he's ever played at. He's played big in big games and does the things that many coaches want players to do.

"He was one of the top five guys in the league last year at taking charges. He passes the ball well … he's had big rebound nights. His percentages on shooting the ball are pretty good and he can play four positions."

Last summer, the Warriors and Clippers were involved in discussions about a potential three-team deal that would have brought Dunleavy, in the first year of a five-year, $45-million contract, to Los Angeles, sources said. Because of salary-cap rules, a Dunleavy-Cuttino Mobley trade would have worked best for the Clippers, but the Warriors apparently weren't interested in that proposal.

"He's not a superstar player," Dunleavy said of his son. "People look at him and say that's what they projected him to be. Maybe that was the wrong projection, but that's not his fault.

"Everywhere he's been, he's been good, and he has been dominant on certain levels. In the NBA, I've always said you'll find out how good of a player he is when he plays on a really good team.

"He makes other guys better by making the right plays

LA TIMES

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The trade to the Pacer effectively removed Dunleavy's BYC status. But a second point was the Clippers had no desire to send Maggette to a team in the west they prefer to send him east.

Not saying it happend but I'd not be suprised at all to see Dunleavy moved before Feb. deadline , and Maggette is a player both Bird and Walsh like.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"People look at him and say that's what they projected him to be. Maybe that was the wrong projection, but that's not his fault.

Sums it up pretty well. He's still a good NBA player, just drafted way too high.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

This wouldn't be a bad deal for the Pacers at all.

We need guard help right now. More than that, we need another scorer. Maggette could help us out with both of those. We still will suck at shooting though.

One thing is that I am very intrigued by Mike Dunkleavy. He has unique skills. Great size, smarts, fundamentals. We could really use his passing skills. However he is owed a lot of money, so if we can move him for Maggette you gotta do it I guess.

We didn't know anything about this latest trade yesterday morning. NOT EVEN THE MEDIA. Do you honestly think that someone is now all the sudden going to leak info about a new trade?

The media is probably pissed so now they're going to try to put all sorts of things out there to try to catch up. Kudo's to the orginization for keeping a tight wrap on it.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    One thing is that I am very intrigued by Mike Dunkleavy. He has unique skills. Great size, smarts, fundamentals. We could really use his passing skills. However he is owed a lot of money, so if we can move him for Maggette you gotta do it I guess.
    I agree here. Salarywise.......unless DWs masterplan all along was to ultimately move DunDun or Murphy to another team before the Trade deadline or during the offseason.....if TPTB aren't as concerned about the impact that both of their salaries have on the cap....then I guess I shouldn't be.

The one thing that I have always known about DunDun ever since he has played with the Ws ( outside of somewhat poor defensive skills and that he hasn't really lived up to being a #3 pick ) is that he is some decent "all-around" offensive skills. I really want to see what DunDun can do and whether Carlisle can "coach/coax" anything out of him before passing him onto the next team for Maggette.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I know some of you doubt this because it might have been a 3 team deal, but Dunleavy was a byc player and the salaries might not have matched up. With this recent trade the BYC status drops and the Cory for MDJ is good to go. Does that mean it will happen? Who knows

I think this would work.

Corey wants out of LA and Mike Sr. wants Jr. in LA. Somehow it just makes to much sense, which probably means it won't happen.

I don't know Maggette's game much. Isn't he another Marquis Daniels type? Good drive, no outside shot?

We need an outside shooter. Even moreso with Al and Saras gone!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Well... IF Magette comes in or Dunleavy stays here, while Quis will stay here too can almost mean only one thing and that's that Tinsley won't be here for much longer.

IF we have both Magette and Quis we will REALLY need a good shooter from the PG spot and we all know Tins is pretty horrible in that department. We also know that Rick likes PG that can really shoot.

So, pairing Tinsley with one of them is not such a good idea IMO. That has got nothing to do with "live and die by the 3-point shot" and everything with atleast having a threat from downtown that opponents have to respect.

IF Dunleavy Jr. get's the starters job at SG we get a good ballhandler for the position, but a BAD perimeter defender and not such a great shooter. Well Tinsley's besides not beying a very good shooter also is pretty bad at defence, so who will pick up the opposing teams prime perimeter threat then? Don't talk to me about Oriene or McCleod because they won't be in the game for 30+ minutes.

If DunLeavy Jr. starts then I expect us to go after a defensive above average shooter and good defender or we REALLY will be in trouble. Good thing is that that player doesn't have to be a superb ball handler, just a decent one for the position as we have DunLeavy Jr. and Quis who can both help in that department.

I could be wrong, I don't know, but what am I missing then?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Fisst of all, let me say that I do NOT want Maggette here.

Not only is the guy injury prone, but he's not too keen on playing defense. I also seem to remember rumors of him being more than a bit of a malcontent.

That being said, if the Pacers are serious about ridding us of our problem children (Jackson and Tinsley), the trade that would make the most sense and works fiscally is Maggette/Cassell for Tinsley/Dunleavy.

Sam has made no secret of the fact that he doesn't like to play off the bench. I would think he would welcome the opportunity to be "the man" here. Despite his age, he still can turn on the assists, or become a shooter, as the situation needs, even to three point range. He could be a nice, veretan presence at point, plus the guy is a bit of a leader, no?

Would he be a long term answer at PG? Uh..no. But if we were looking to take advantage of an opportunity, that makes a lot more sense to me than MD for Maggette straight up.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Cassell = Yech

streets ahead

well we know maggette is a problem child so trading one for another doesn't make sense. but cassell has had his problems in the past too, right? so trading 1 for 2 problem children?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Fisst of all, let me say that I do NOT want Maggette here.

Not only is the guy injury prone, but he's not too keen on playing defense. I also seem to remember rumors of him being more than a bit of a malcontent.

That being said, if the Pacers are serious about ridding us of our problem children (Jackson and Tinsley), the trade that would make the most sense and works fiscally is Maggette/Cassell for Tinsley/Dunleavy.

Sam has made no secret of the fact that he doesn't like to play off the bench. I would think he would welcome the opportunity to be "the man" here. Despite his age, he still can turn on the assists, or become a shooter, as the situation needs, even to three point range. He could be a nice, veretan presence at point, plus the guy is a bit of a leader, no?

Would he be a long term answer at PG? Uh..no. But if we were looking to take advantage of an opportunity, that makes a lot more sense to me than MD for Maggette straight up.
    Ohh but Dunleavy is keen on playing defense?

If we can do this trade I will be very happy with this whole thing.

orien sighting! WOOOOOOO lets play the youngins!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I kind of like all these young guys around are star JO...reminds me of the lakers with kobe.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

block by greene and baston with the dunk!!!!!! wooooo
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

can we please get a score!? WTF
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

OT. They showed shaq getting injured vs us so many times...did anyone see the last one? it was ron and he ran right under shaq with his foot an put it down. Like bruce bowen! he looked like he was trying to injure shaq?
    typical ron
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

lol whoooooooooopz! can you move these into the game thread? I clicked the wrong 1 and had 2 PD windows open..my bad
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER