Thread: One of my most depressing things about this loss...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default One of my most depressing things about this loss...

No, not the fact that our free throw shooting looked like a JV girls High school basketball game...

Not the fact that we lost our first game in 7 tries...

Not the fact that Jermaine's shot is off, Reggie isn't getting his shots, and that we all know Jamaal is going to be coming down to earth sooner rather than later...

No, the most depressing thing is that the entire sports world is going to collapse on the pacers like PETA on a baby seal clubber.

ESPN, TNT guys, everyone, I can almost guarentee will be starting to hop off the bandwagon that was just starting to get some steam. Sure, they will (mostly) all still give us a victory over the heat in this series... But the whispers of whether we can beat NJ or Detroit will become full blown "They can't play halfcourt, they cant make free throws, they cant match up with X or Y or Z"

I know its not REALLY 'THAT' big of a deal, but I know I personally take solice in the fact that we are finally getting some 'props', and we all know that about 80% of those just went right out the window...
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

Default Re: One of my most depressing things about this loss...

On the bright side, the Pacers probably "needed" a loss to wake them up a bit and get them to rebound, focus, etc. After winning so many games in a row they seemed a bit laid back on Saturday and probably needed shaken up a bit. I would rather Miami do this shaking up than sleepwalking to the EC finals where sleepwalking and losing one could be the game that costs the series.

On the bright side, the Pacers probably "needed" a loss to wake them up a bit and get them to rebound, focus, etc. After winning so many games in a row they seemed a bit laid back on Saturday and probably needed shaken up a bit. I would rather Miami do this shaking up than sleepwalking to the EC finals where sleepwalking and losing one could be the game that costs the series.
    I agree, though I can't really say the team is playing bad, just JO.

I hope this loss brings them back to earth, because the Heat are not even half as good as the teams in the next 2 rounds will be

sweabs

JO's entire attitude is just bothering me...he has to work a hell of a lot harder and with some passion.

Well, JO needs to recognize when his shot is off and when he is triple teamed at the crucial point in the game and you have the greatest clutch 3point shooter OF ALL TIME wide open, he should probably try to get him the look instead of the fade away brick =/

I could not care any less if TNT or ESPN, ABC, CBS, KGB, TBS, WIBC, OR ANY media outlet jumps off the Pacers bandwagon.

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY THINK

It does not matter anyway.

Hey, the Heat deserved to win. Props to them.

Now let's see if the guys can get off the floor and win one in Miami.

This loss may be a good thing: Our guys need to be tested.

Easy on JO. I thought he played hard and if a couple of his shots, that rimmed out, had fallen - He would have had a great night.

Ron was something like 4 for 18. But we can't complain, he pretty much carried us in the first two games.

I only wished the bookies would listen to those tv shouters

at least that way i could get odds on the Pacers over the Pistons, now i need to bet on Detroit to get a semblance

and 100 to 1 or as some bookies here in the UK called it 500 - 1 ON, for the pacers to win the series against Miami, what can i say?

And sorry, but Bender was bad tonight, as was Ron, simple as that.

And as JO said in the press conference; they should realize again now that they are a team.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

You dopes. Carlisle just had a baby girl and he's on the road. Do any of you realize how life altering that is? He looks distracted. The team is picking up on that vibe. We'll be okay...once Donna assures him that she won't leave him for not being there when she needs him most.