Thread: Concern-O-Tron 9000 - 1/24/04

Default Concern-O-Tron 9000 - 1/24/04

Trying something new here.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not at all, 10 being so much you think your heart is about to burst out of your chest, how concerned are you about the Pacers right now?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Concern-O-Tron 9000 - 1/24/04

Right now I'm about a 5.

I'm always concerned, but I think we'll bounce back. The Wizards played like a playoff team today.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I voted 5 as well, because the Pacers have slightly over-achieved my expectations. They could snap at any moment but I'm not overly worried...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I voted 6. Tonight made me feel a bit uneasy. Especially compared to how confident in them I was before Friday's game.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm the 4 vote. I said elsewhere...Remember San Antonio's losing streak last week...it's over.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I voted 3. I'm not concerned. Just keep in mind, the P's have played a LOT of games and, I think unfairly, too many back-to-backs. I think things are fine guys.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I'm at two, no reason to worry, whoever is responsible for this loss (coach and players) will take it to heart, we had this discussion earlier when they lost 2 in a row and RC exploded on air, this time he has to look to himself as well, he is putting the brake on Tins, AJ is atrocious at the moment and KA is still on the injured list, despite calling himself well.

AJ get's burned twice as bad as Tins, and yes Tins got burned tonight as well, but who wasn't
    Jeff playing well? whoever said that is joking, first half 20 minutes, 1 rebound 4points, and taking a 3 pt shot (and missing of course) since when does Jeff take 3pt shots ? he can hardly make a %$ lay-up!

time to re-group, let AJ heal whatever ails him, and either get Brewer in the rotation or bring KA in the rotation, let Tins play as he can, fast and furious, which happens to be something Ron, Al and JO like as well and something they are good at.

it will happen, sooooooooon

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo

I think a lot of these two losses are due to the emotionaly draining scedule of the last couple of weeks with big big wins over the Spurs and Pistons. Those are two likleyor at least probable playoff matchups. Then they look at the scedule like we all did and figured they were on easy street so they didnt bring their A game.

2. Coming out of December and looking at January, I thought we'd go 6-9. It looked like a tough month. Well, we're 10-3. So the worst we can finish is 10-5. This team is playing way above my expectations this year, although I predicted a trip to the finals after we fired Isiah and hired Carlisle. I agree with Rag, we're just emotionally drained right now.

This game is about how well one team matches up against another and we match up very well against Detroit, NO and Boston—our biggest challenges in the East. Apparently we match up well with SA, although I think we have to make a minor tweak to take them in a 7-game series.

Moderate (5 or 6). I'm starting a thread on the topic.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What is wrong with this thread.

I am starting a thread on the topic of you starting a thread

oops

What is wrong with this thread.

I am starting a thread on the topic of you starting a thread
    Didn't want to hijack... see my other thread. Doesn't fit with this one.

EDIT: I don't see your thread yet, UB. Get on the ball.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Who voted 8?

I did. But then, I am always at about 5.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I vote a 7. I feel the team hasn't played very well since the home game vs San Antonio. This rest though should be well needed.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

edit: About Houston game...(I didn't realize we played the Wizards last night)

I'm not concerned about the Pacers. They have to lose sometime and their poor offense was even poorer against one of the best defenses in the league. That's all that can be said.

I'm concerned about the fans though. Nobody, and I mean nobody, was into the game where I was sitting. Everyone was sitting on their hands and keeping their mouths shut. When a foul was called on Houston, I think I was the only person in the stadium clapping. It was pitiful. It was the worst game I have ever been to in terms of fans not participating. There were moments where the crowd turned it on, but for about 44 of the 48 minutes, you'd think this was Atlanta.

Pardon me.

I went to bed really, really early last night and had no idea that there was a Pacers game.

How in the hell did we lose to the Wizards? How in the hell did Kwame Brown drop 25 on us? THat's pathetic, and yeah, now I am worried. We need some outside shooting and fast.

Here's a suprise.

I voted 1.

In referance to the last two games I have zero bad feelings from either of them. I just write them up as a couple of games during the season that we have lost. We've been under one hell of a strain due to the schedule so far this season & we've come through.

Now I still have some concerns about the rest of the year into the playoffs, but I get the feeling this poll is more related to recent play.

BTW, I said it when somebody else posted about the upcoming schedule. This part of the schedule scares me the most because I have a feeling that we tend to play to our level of competition & because we are # 1 everybody is gunning for us.

I'd still like to see us pick up another big man who can bang & bruise & I still have some real questions about our shooting guard spot long term, but other than that I feel good at this point.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

The only big guy that scares me is Shaq. pacers defended Duncan extremely well and there is no one in the east that we might face in the playoffs that scares me, I am talking about big guys.

Look at the team that will be in the playoffs:

Nets
    Pistons
    Hornets
    Bucks
    Sixers
    Knicks
    Raptors

In almost every case tyhe backcourt is a much bigger concern than the center position. I am more than satisfied with Foster, pollard, and J.O as the centers.

In almost every case tyhe backcourt is a much bigger concern than the center position. I am more than satisfied with Foster, pollard, and J.O as the centers
    Yes...the backcourts are way more scary

Nets-Jkidd
    Pistons-Cbill and Rip
    Hornets-Davis
    Bucks-Ford + Redd
    Sixers-AI
    Knicks -Starbury
    Raptors -VC+ Rose

If we are to be concerned about anything...this is it

The east has good gaurds...but the big men are all west

We have one thing no other East team has...Jermaine O'Neal

4 for me.

No real concern, just a little disappointment that a defensive-letdown game showed up yesterday.

That's supposed to be the advantage of good defense, that it DOESN'T take a day off, while shooting can leave you at any moment.

In 82 games it's going to happen though.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

2 people voted 10?!

I did...just for the hell of it. But realistically, I'd say about 4...I am worried, but less so because we have 3 days off. That should give some time to get ourselves back to normal. At least it better ed:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I'm not concerned at all (voted 1).

We just had a great stretch of 13 games where our only loss was in OT on the road against the defending champs. The 12 wins included paying back said champs as well as solid wins over the three best teams in the East after us. So now we lose a home game to a very good team, and then a road game the next night. I'm not happy about it, however you're not going to win them all, and unless you are an all time great team, you are not going to be able to avoid a few small losing streaks during the course of 82 games. Sure we played like crap vs the Wizards, but all teams have a bad game now and again.

It'll take a lot more than this for me to be worried that it's anything but a normal and unavoidable bump in the NBA road.