Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Depth Chart

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default New Depth Chart

So as I see it, this will probably be the new depth chart.

C - Foster/Murphy/Harrison
    PF - JO/Ike/Baston
    SF - Granger/Williams/Marshall
    SG - Dunleavy/Daniels/Marshall
    PG - Tinsley/Armstrong/McLeod/Greene

What do you guys think?
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Sports Logo

Default Re: New Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So as I see it, this will probably be the new depth chart.

C - Foster/Murphy/Harrison
    PF - JO/Ike/Baston
    SF - Granger/Williams/Marshall
    SG - Dunleavy/Daniels/Marshall
    PG - Tinsley/Armstrong/McLeod/Greene

What do you guys think?
    I hope Dunleavy is not our new starting sg.

Well I hope no one liked it when we scored over 100 because we have seen the last time we do that for a while.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I hope Dunleavy is not our new starting sg.

Well I hope no one liked it when we scored over 100 because we have seen the last time we do that for a while.
    Well I don't see any other options.

I, in no way, want Daniels starting. We already have Foster starting, we can't have two people who can't shoot on the floor at the same time.

Marshall is not a starting caliber player. Danny shouldn't play sg. So I don't know who else.

House Sigil:

I think Greene might be higher up now, possibly even the backup if DA tires out.

Daniels at the 2 and Dunleavy at the 3 would compliment each other very well. We're now big off the bench with Danny, Ike, and Murph. (1 of the 2 new bigs isn't going to play much because JO still gets 36 mpg.)

I think Don Nelson started the season by putting Murphy as a center, Murphy is a good rebounder but softer than a stick of butter in Africa, he could be the Brad Miller kind of center that gives JO more room to operate, that way we could play Daniels in the starting lineup. Or we can start Diogu right off the bat to expand his game, I think Diogu is better than anyone we could've have picked up from this year's draft, he was drafted ninth if remembered correctly.

Murphy/Jeff/David Harrison
    JO/Diogu/Baston
    Gift/Dunleavy/Shawne
    Daniels/Rawle/Shawne
    JT/Greene/Red Bull/McLeod

The big question is who is the starting shooting guard.

One big misconception about Dunleavy is that he's an excellent shooter - he's pretty good, but his greatest strength as a player is his passing, and plamaking ability. So I don't think Daniels and Mike would make a good combo.

I don't know who starts.,

Probably:

JT
    Daniels
    Granger
    JO
    Jeff

Or I suppose we could see Mike starting with Granger with the theory that DG can guard the better of the 2 or 3.

I see Granger and Dunleavy as a good combo - I see Marquis and Dunleavy as getting in each others way

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you guys really want a backcourt of Daniels and Tinsley. Two guys who shouldn't shoot from the outside, and the ladder who won't stop.

I've come to start calling Daniels......Marquis "Cluster****" Daniels, as the only time he seems to any use to me is when the play goes to hell and he makes something up on the fly.

House Sigil:

I think I would start Murphy with UB's group only at PF, which forces JO into the 5 again (especially defensively).

Quote Originally Posted by wooolus View Post
    I think Don Nelson started the season by putting Murphy as a center, Murphy is a good rebounder but softer than a stick of butter in Africa, he could be the Brad Miller kind of center that gives JO more room to operate, that way we could play Daniels in the starting lineup. Or we can start Diogu right off the bat to expand his game, I think Diogu is better than anyone we could've have picked up from this year's draft, he was drafted ninth if remembered correctly.

Murphy/Jeff/David Harrison
    JO/Diogu/Baston
    Gift/Dunleavy/Shawne
    Daniels/Rawle/Shawne
    JT/Greene/Red Bull/McLeod
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I think I would start Murphy with UB's group only at PF, which forces JO into the 5 again (especially defensively).
    , UB, do you think Dunleavy could run the point effectively?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The big question is who is the starting shooting guard.

One big misconception about Dunleavy is that he's an excellent shooter - he's pretty good, but his greatest strength as a player is his passing, and plamaking ability. So I don't think Daniels and Mike would make a good combo.

I don't know who starts.,

Probably:

JT
    Daniels
    Granger
    JO
    Jeff

Or I suppose we could see Mike starting with Granger with the theory that DG can guard the better of the 2 or 3.

I see Granger and Dunleavy as a good combo - I see Marquis and Dunleavy as getting in each others way
    I'll be stunned if one of the players we got doesn't get a starting job. I think we could see something like this if our goal is to give JO as much room as possible

Tins
    Granger
    Dunleavy
    JO
    Murphy

That would spread the floor for JO as well as provide us with two playmakes in Tins and Dun. However it leaves us with some problems in terms of scoring off the bench. Most likely lineup IMO is
    Tins
    Quis
    Granger
    JO
    Murphy

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

UB: Dunleavy is a capable open shooter and having him in there with Daniels takes the burden off Tinsley especially on the break. Daniels is our most capable finisher in the open court and unlike Jack or Al, Dunleavy understands how to pass and space on the break. Now Tinsley won't be forced to throw up ugly 8 footers because no one filled the proper lanes in transition.

I am very concerned about how the rotation up front is going to work. It looks as if Baston's minutes are going to disappear. Murph and Ike gives us legit backup "bigs." Granger can rotate with Dunleavy and Daniels because he can play the 2 for a few minutes. This team needs to establish a 8/9 man rotation ASAP.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody else just absolutely hate when people put Granger at the 2 guard?

Granger is not a 2, will never be a 2. Granger has the prefect size and skill set to be a all star 3 in the near future. If he is going to play out of position, at times, I'd rather see him at the 4.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by wooolus View Post
    , UB, do you think Dunleavy could run the point effectively?
    Sorry about that woo, nice catch. I think that's the lineup to go with. This whole trade screams JO as a 5 to me. They traded for 2 PFs, how can you keep JO at the 4 while bringing in 2 PFs and already playing Jeff Fosters out of position?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Anybody else just absolutely hate when people put Granger at the 2 guard?

Granger is not a 2, will never be a 2. Granger has the prefect size and skill set to be a all star 3 in the near future. If he is going to play out of position, at times, I'd rather see him at the 4.
    Me. It's not even close either. If he leans away from SF ever it's toward PF. For example being used to cover a guy like Dirk as he was.

Put him on a SG like Wade and forget about it.

He's SF all the way, exactly the kind of skill combo you love to see at the 3.

Quis has to be the SG....pending more trading at least.

Foster/Murphy/Harrison
    JO/Diogu/Baston
    Granger/Dunleavy/Williams
    Daniels/Marshal
    Tinsley/Armstrong/Greene

There has got to be at least one more trade coming so it doesn't really matter.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra View Post
    There has got to be at least one more trade coming so it doesn't really matter.
    I hope you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    I hope you are correct.
    I do too, although I'm starting to doubt myself, especially if we think that Dunleavy is a 2 guard. I'm scared.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

I think Daniels showed Carlisle enough to be a starter. Maybe you guys don't agree, but he's certainly capable. Don't forget how he played in Dallas as a starter. I think Rawle is nearly a mirror image of Daniels, except I think Rawle is a slightly better shooter (not from three, but inside 15'). They both can handle the ball, get to the basket, and finish.

There's a number of players that benefit from this trade: Granger - likely our new starting 3, Marshall & Daniels - for reasons stated above, J.O. - he can move back to the PF and have a guy like Murphy (if he starts) that compliments his game, Tinsley - Dunleavy's ball handling and passing abilities take a bit of pressure off Tinsley to make everything happen, Orien Greene - we'll likely see him on the floor with Dunleavy because he's an excellent defender but not such a good distributor of the ball, Danny Granger - don't know if you guys realized it but he's now our second leading scorer...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it'll go:

Murphy/Foster/Diogu/Harrison
    JO/Foster/Baston
    Granger/Dunleavy/Williams
    Daniels/Dunleavy/Marshall
    Tinsley/DA/Greene/Mcleod

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Me. It's not even close either. If he leans away from SF ever it's toward PF. For example being used to cover a guy like Dirk as he was.

Put him on a SG like Wade and forget about it.

He's SF all the way, exactly the kind of skill combo you love to see at the 3.

Quis has to be the SG....pending more trading at least.
    After listening to Rick's show tonight, he named Danny as the probably starting 2 guard and Daniels as the 3. He made a good point that Danny was going to guard the other teams best perimeter player most nights anyway. I suppose I'm not convinced Danny would be unsuccessful playing the 2, especially after hearing Rick's confidence.

On the other hand I'm in agreement with a lot of guys when thinking that we may be trading for another perimeter player soon to hedge any problems that we may find at the 2.

In Rick's system the 2 and the 3 are the same. There really is no difference. Granger will guard the other teams best scorer either the 2 or 3 so I don't see the problem.

Banned

Tinsley/Armstrong
    Daniels/Dunleavy
    Granger/Dunleavy
    O'Neal/Diogu
    Murphy/Foster

Murphy isn't much of a defender but he's one of the leagues best rebounders and a good scorer. If he's given 35 minutes a night 16 and 11 are reasonable numbers. I also think this deal will mean Granger is made a bigger part of the offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 15+ for the rest of the season, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Murphy isn't much of a defender but he's one of the leagues best rebounders and a good scorer. If he's given 35 minutes a night 16 and 11 are reasonable numbers.
    I'm all for optimism, but Murphy's not going to average 16 and 11. That's not reasonable, that's pie in the sky.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm all for optimism, but Murphy's not going to average 16 and 11. That's not reasonable, that's pie in the sky.

The guy's a very productive player when given minutes. And these came out West where the big boys play.

Those numbers for Murphy also came on a team without O'Neal.

I would also suspect that Granger & Dunleavy will be options 2 & 3. That is if Tinsley decides to shoot less & pass more.

Murphy can make the defense pay for crowding O'Neal but I don't see him averaging more than 9 or 10 a game in both points as well as boards.

Foster - Murphy - Harrison

O'Neal - Diogu - Baston - Williams

Granger - Dunleavy

Daniels - Marshall

Tinsley - Greene - Armstrong - McLeod