Thread: Question?!

Default Question?!

I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this thread..but where else..
    However, I have a question about one speech of the Conseco Fieldhouse announcer!
    At the end of very close games, in the last timeout for example, a deep voice occurs (announcer himself?), speaking something I don't really understand..!
    Do you know what he tells?
    Thank you Jeff.

Default Re: Question?!

It could be a number of things.

The announcers name is Reb Porter and he has been doing this for years.

Sometimes he yells "Alright Pacer fans, on your feet, the guys have been working hard for you and now let's make some noise for the boys Deeeeeeeefeeeeeeeeense!!!!!!"

But he has said many number of things over the years, there is not just one speech he uses.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I know my description is not very useful, it's not that "Alright Pacer fans..." you mentioned Peck,.. If you have that Dallas-Indiana Game (January 12th), it occures with 1:05 left in the 4th quarter!
    Thank you Jeff.

I'll have to check, but I'm guessing it's Coach Norman Dale from the movie "Hoosiers"............
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I picked the wrong one. That one's from "Rudy"....."No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around........"
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Is that from a movie? How can I get it?
    Thank you Jeff.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

on a side note i love at the last 2 minutes of each quarter he says "two minutes...two-ahhh" even when watching the games on tv i always say it at 2:00 minutes in each quarter...not sure if it can be heard on tv as well as being at the games though

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that from a movie? How can I get it?
    if it's the "noone pushes us around" thing, it is from "hoosiers" they always show it on the jumbotron.

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this thread..but where else..
    However, I have a question about one speech of the Conseco Fieldhouse announcer!
    At the end of very close games, in the last timeout for example, a deep voice occurs (announcer himself?), speaking something I don't really understand..!
    Do you know what he tells?

I'm betting you are hearing the announcer (Reb Porter) who always calls out the 2 minute mark on the clock. He always says : "Two minutes... Two..uhhhhhh". You're probably hearing the "Two..uhhhh" phrase and trying to figure out what English word that could possibly be. I know what he's saying but I don't even know how to spell it! Essentially he is saying "TWO" with some emphassis on the second half of the word.... which is pretty tricky with a one syllable word.

That's my guess as to what you are hearing.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

No no, MagicRat was right. It's something like "No one, and I mean No one, comes into ..."! That occured in the timeout vs. Dallas with 1:05 left in the 4th quarter. I listened again and found out that there was also something similar in the timeout with about 35 seconds left in the game.. Could you please check? Also from the movie "hoosiers"?
    Thank you Jeff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is from "Rudy"

The quote is "No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around."