Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Kidd on the Block?

Banned

Exclamation Jason Kidd on the Block?

It's being reported that Jason Kidd is likely on the block.

He's that great point guard we've been looking for, although he'll be 34 in March.

What his trade value and would you like to see Indy make a move for him?

Default Re: Jason Kidd on the Block?

If he was a little bit younger I would do this in a heartbeat, but...

No Link ?

Your

No Kidding: Jason reportedly put on block

BY JULIAN GARCIA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

According to a report in the Chicago Tribune, one league GM, upon inquiring about the availability of Vince Carter, was asked by the Nets if he'd be interested in trading for Jason Kidd instead.

While Kidd's off-court life has been a mess lately, he has played some of the best basketball of his career. He had 19 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds in a 105-95 victory over the Pacers yesterday and has seven triple-doubles this season, by far the most in the league.

NYDaily News

Why Not Us ?

Banned

Your kidding right Quis.

Banned

Hardly.

WOW!

I would love to see us pull off a JO for Kidd straight up, not going to happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WOW!

Trading 20/10 DPOY-caliber PF for a soon-to-be 34 year old PG wouldn't exactly be best for the Pacers present and future. But of course you have no life outside of PacersDigest trolling so you already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Trading 20/10 DPOY-caliber PF for a soon-to-be 34 year old PG wouldn't exactly be best for the Pacers present and future. But of course you have no life outside of PacersDigest trolling so you already knew that.
    Your thinking JO with 3 years left on his deal is better than Kidd with 2 years left.

Your a funny man.

Banned

Your thinking JO with 3 years left on his deal is better than Kidd with 2 years left.

Your a funny man.

I'm thinking nothing. However I am knowing JO in the prime of his career is better than Kidd on the downside of his career.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously?

People are talking about trading JO for Kidd? Again?

JO who is finally start to get back to his MVP form that he was at a few season ago? Jason Kidd who has a couple of years left, if that?......

Look, I have no problem with trading JO, but if all we get back is Jason Kidd then Walsh and Bird had better resign on the spot.

Jason Kidd has been one of my favorite players to ever play the game. I'd love to have him on the Pacers.

Jason makes everyone around him better. He can still defend and rebound well too. IMO, in terms of playmakers, Jason and Steve are a level above the other point guards in the league. He would add a lot to this team.

I'd offer up Al, Stephen or Marquis, and Tinsley. The problem is that the Nets take on a lot of salary and not a lot of production.

I wouldn't give up Jermaine, Danny, or Shawne for Jason but other than those three anyone could go IMO. The trick is making all the salaries work out. I wouldn't want to have Jason Kidd and Jamaal Tinsley on the same team for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Seriously?

People are talking about trading JO for Kidd? Again?

JO who is finally start to get back to his MVP form that he was at a few season ago? Jason Kidd who has a couple of years left, if that?......

Look, I have no problem with trading JO, but if all we get back is Jason Kidd then Walsh and Bird had better resign on the spot.
    Thank you. What would be the point of bringing in Kidd anyway if we don't keep J.O.? The purpose would be for us to bring in Kidd to place him along-side J.O. and a few other role players to compete for a Championship. J.O. is by far our best player right now. You don't trade your best player, and arguably our most important defensive player, for a guy that will probably retire in a year or two that has yet to win a ring. I'm sure if that deal went through Jason Kidd himself would be saying "WTF??!!"

Guessing by the gigantic hole at PF, the Nets might be into aquiring Al Harrington. Don't know about Tinsley because they clearly would be making room for Williams.

Considering the Pacer's lack of draft picks and expiring contracts, I bet it would take a trade of Harrington, Foster, and Williams to get it done. Don't know if it is worth it, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Guessing by the gigantic hole at PF, the Nets might be into aquiring Al Harrington. Don't know about Tinsley because they clearly would be making room for Williams.

Considering the Pacer's lack of draft picks and expiring contracts, I bet it would take a trade of Harrington, Foster, and Williams to get it done. Don't know if it is worth it, but there it is.
    All three are too much for Kidd. Any of the two should do it. Maybe swap Jax out for Williams and either Al or Jeff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

age in the NBA is overrated. there's a long list of players who have been effective well into their late 30's.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    All three are too much for Kidd. Any of the two should do it. Maybe swap Jax out for Williams and either Al or Jeff.

I think either Foster and Jackson or Harrington and Jackson would get a "no way" from the Nets. They aren't dumping Kidd, they are trading him for assets.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FWIW, Kidd has been on the trading block a couple of times this season already.

All it take is one GM to call and ask about Vince Carter or anyone else, and the Nets say “What about Jason Kidd? What could you give us for him”

Then said team goes and tells X reporter, and all of the sudden we have Kidd on the block again.

Not saying I don’t believe he will be traded, but I don’t think the Nets are going to be in a rush to deal him.

I will say if we can make a deal that gets rid of Jackson (and even Tinsley if need be) in order to get Kidd I would be all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    age in the NBA is overrated. there's a long list of players who have been effective well into their late 30's.
    and very few of them are starting guards.

That's one of the many things that made Reggie so special, along with Stockton and to a lesser extent Mark Jackson. Most hang on as overpaid vets with very diminished skills, like a Gary Payton, or accept a limited role, or retire by age 35.

Nevermind

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WOW!

Are you kidding me?

JO is 28, actually starting to show superstar form and you'd be fine with trading him for a soon to be 34 year old point guard.

That'd be the dumbest thing the Pacers could do right now.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    Jason Kidd has been one of my favorite players to ever play the game. I'd love to have him on the Pacers.

Jason makes everyone around him better. He can still defend and rebound well too. IMO, in terms of playmakers, Jason and Steve are a level above the other point guards in the league. He would add a lot to this team.

I'd offer up Al, Stephen or Marquis, and Tinsley. The problem is that the Nets take on a lot of salary and not a lot of production.

I wouldn't give up Jermaine, Danny, or Shawne for Jason but other than those three anyone could go IMO. The trick is making all the salaries work out. I wouldn't want to have Jason Kidd and Jamaal Tinsley on the same team for instance.
    I was thinking along the same lines. Al, Jax/Quis, Tins and Harrison for Kidd and a bad Nets contract. They have a need for Al at PF, and could be intrigued by Harrison's potential. Tinsley would replace Kidd at the point while Jax/Quis would be help match salaries and play the 6th man role. Indy would start Granger and Rawle if Jax leaves, and leaves bench minutes for our supposedly deep bench. Saras, Rawle, Williams, Powell and Baston will all see minutes.

I've got to believe that Jason Kidd, on this team, would give us a shot at a title this year. Assuming we don't give up anything huge, I could really see it happen. I'm serious.

Something like this could work, especially if NJ throws in a pick.

Last edited by Anthem; 09-19-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

How could you not like this?

C - Foster / Baston
    F - JO / Powell / M.Moore
    F - Granger / Williams / Luke Jackson
    G - Jack / Rawle / Wright
    G - Kidd / Sarunas / DA / Greene

Yeah, Jermaine ends up playing a good bit of center, but I don't have a problem with that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    And none of them had knees as bad as Jason Kidd's.