Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: This is the biggest game in (Indy) Colts history

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your really a colts fan. admit it
    Nope. I am a fan of gang green.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Peyton's due. The place is going to be the loudest football stadium ever. This is either going to be a Colts loss or the offense is going to come out like gangbusters and stomp the snot out of NE. I am hoping for a win for the sake of sports in Indy the city needs this win.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Peyton's due. The place is going to be the loudest football stadium ever. This is either going to be a Colts loss or the offense is going to come out like gangbusters and stomp the snot out of NE. I am hoping for a win for the sake of sports in Indy the city needs this win.
    amen

It's so nice seeing SOOOO many people jumping right back on the bandwagon (which I predicted). Anyway, write it down, print it and/or save it Colts win by 10+

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by City of Big Sholdas View Post
    They will be caught off guard?? I think if you hold your playoff opponents to a total of 14 points in two games, they wont be caught off guard by little Laurence Moroney and Corey Dillon. Which in previous weeks stopped Larry "Grandmama" Johnson, nominated for player of the year, and Jamal Lewis one of the featured running backs in the league.

Faulk won't even be a factor in this game.It is in the Dome, which adds a hell of a lot more speed to the Colts ends and outside LBs, in which they already have. The only way the Colts are losing this game is if, they let the Pats stay in it, which happened to San Diego, and cost them the game. The Colts have to separate the lead slowly, but surely.

The Colts won't be playing much man to man vs. the Pats. They did that the last two times they played them in the playoffs and suffered. Unless Ron Meeks wants his *** gone, then he will play more of a zone, conservative look to confuse Brady and force them to run the ball. Once the middle is stopped, it will force the Pats to start swinging the ball outside, which is where the Colts speed for once this year comes into play. Expect a lot of DE Contain in the early moments to force Brady to stay in the pocket and a lot McFarland and company(LBs) to be blitzin the middle, forcing Brady to throw those swing passes and roll right into those containments.

Brady is severely inaccurate when he is scrambling, which he clearly showed today against the Chargers. And if Freeney and Mathis make him move it will be a long day for them.

The Pats D showed the can stop the run, i.e Ladanian Tomlinson, but can they stop the pass. And when you got one of the most accurate QBs in the game, in Peyton Manning, it might be hard to stop that. They will probably stick Asaunte Samuel on Marvin that leaves Ellis Hobbs to cover Regional Wayne...and boy wont that be fun.

Look for a long day for the Pats D and I predict the Colts win big 24-7.
    I never said they will catch them off guard - i said they will be kept off guard. All 3 of the Pats RBs each have their own style of play and each are similar and different in their own ways. The Colts will not be able to stick to "whatevers working" on one back to stop a different one.

Dillion is basically the Pats' pound it up the gut back. Downhill runnin at its finest.

Maroney is an outside guy that can KILL you with his combo of size and speed.

Faulk will also pound the rock but is one of the leagues best pass catching receivers.

And runnin zone on the Pats?

Brady will find the holes and his receivers (especially Brown and Watson) will sit down in them. Not to mention that runnin zone will take the LB's OFF the LOS which will cripple the rush defense (which has been great so far this postseason). The Pats seem to run alot more draws than any other team. Zone + Freeney and Mathis rushing the QB = eaten up by draws.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Mood

2 things.

AS LONG AS BOB SANDERS PLAYS AND AS LONG AS SALISBURY STEAK PICKS AGAINST US WE WILL WIN!!!!

Nerd.
    Mood

Colts - 16

Patriots - 7

Only problem I see is Pats defense, they put Rivers under a lot of pressure, if the OL can hold up, then we will win
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Cards won the World Series for the first time since I was 3. Purdue basketball's on the major comeback route. If the Colts win the Super Bowl, 2007's lookin damn good.

I'm not saying anything until we actually prove we can beat NE in the playoffs. The last time we faced them we were projected to win, we felt confident, and yet we still lost. We have an opportunity, and we have to take advantage of it. But I won't saying anything until we actually beat them. They DID just beat the best team in the NFL.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Good for you Suave keep an even keel like the coach.

Forget that, I can't wait to celebrate. It's our time ladies and gentlemen.
    Of course the difference is Adam V. being on our team. Years past Vandershank would blow any possible points on drives that stalled. Not today friends, not today........Manning doesn't have to panic like years past and now that he doesn't have to be super human it's going to happen. Can't wait for the SI video.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The team that physically dominates the line of scrimmage will always have the inside edge to victory. I expect the Patriots to have a slight advantage there.

Of course, San Diego had that same advantage over New England, but boneheaded drive-extending penalties, turnover differential and/or an inability to capitalize on turnovers can, of course, overcompensate for the physical advantages.

The Pats run game has gone from excellent in the midseaon to merely OK after Maroney's rib injury. I don't think that he has fully recovered, so I don't think that the Pats can get big chucks of yards on the ground anymore. But they will have to control the clock.

I also doubt that Rodney Harrison will make it back. That would be huge.

This will be a fun game. I have a unique perspective. Seems like every Pats fan hates the Colts and every Colts fan hates the Pats. I am a Pats fan from Indiana. The Colts were in Baltimore when I was a kid, so I wasn't a football fan growing up, and I moved away from Indiana 16 years ago. I adopted football living in Massuchusetts for 10 years, right about the time Belichick arrived and before Brady.

My love of Indiana sports in general (Pacers, IU) makes the Colts my second favorite NFL team. I'll have no problems cheering for them if they beat the Pats. But make no mistake, I'll be rooting hard for New England this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I'm not saying anything until we actually prove we can beat NE in the playoffs. The last time we faced them we were projected to win, we felt confident, and yet we still lost. We have an opportunity, and we have to take advantage of it. But I won't saying anything until we actually beat them. They DID just beat the best team in the NFL.
    They beat the team with the best record not the best team apparently. SO many misconceptions on this board.

We have beat them twice away from home, we have the monkey off our back. We never played them at home in the playoffs, if anything they have to prove they can beat us in teh dome in the playoffs.

Haters we have the monkey off our back deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This will now be either the greatest win (ala Pacers 2000) or worst loss (ala Pacers 1999) in the Colts' entire Indianapolis history.

Remember how much I've been harping on "maximum disappointment" over the last few years?

Well, we may have just been set up for the most maximum disappointment possible.

I'll be pulling hard for the Colts this weekend, but I am not liking our chances.

Colts lose on a missed FG by Vinatieri.

Dear God, please let me be wrong.

haha wow! I was talking to my buddy last night, and I said to him, "Wouldn't be crazy if it came down to a Vinatieri FG and he missed?" H

Of course he didn't find it funny, and neither did I, but it was something to think about. I'm hoping that it doesn't come down to either of the kickers!

Mood

The Ravens defense is better than the Patriots. Kansas City's offense is better than the Patriots. We beat both of them. Peyton hasn't played so well the last two weeks. What do you think the chances are of him having a third straight bad game? I don't think they are very good either. I expect a big win by the Colts and for Peyton to leave no doubt once and for all who the best QB in the league is.

[edit] And don't forget, Adam Vinatieri missed two FG's in the game up in Foxboro, so the score up there should have been 33-20. Not quite as close as it was. And to the poster who said they'd put Samuel on Marvin, I hope and pray that they make that mistake again. They tried to single cover Marvin up there in the previous game. The result? Marvin had 8 catches, 145 yards and 2 TD's. [/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    haha wow! I was talking to my buddy last night, and I said to him, "Wouldn't be crazy if it came down to a Vinatieri FG and he missed?" H

Of course he didn't find it funny, and neither did I, but it was something to think about. I'm hoping that it doesn't come down to either of the kickers!

I still have not forgiven vinny for being a patriot. If he misses a game winning field goal, he will never be forgiven.

I still root for him making field goals though.

EDIT: BTW Nice avatar
    That'll do.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    [edit] And don't forget, Adam Vinatieri missed two FG's in the game up in Foxboro, so the score up there should have been 33-20. Not quite as close as it was. And to the poster who said they'd put Samuel on Marvin, I hope and pray that they make that mistake again. They tried to single cover Marvin up there in the previous game. The result? Marvin had 8 catches, 145 yards and 2 TD's. [/edit]
    You can;t add up missed field goals and say "see it wasn't even close". He missed the FG's what says he won;t again?
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    I'll be rooting hard for New England this weekend.

Communist!! Just kiddin, should be a good game

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    He missed the FG's what says he won;t again?

because his last name isn't vanderjagt

who said that

Mood

You can;t add up missed field goals and say "see it wasn't even close". He missed the FG's what says he won;t again?
    OK then by your logic, Tom Brady threw four picks in the first game. What says he won't again? Two can play that game.

Don't forget, winning this game only gets you to the Superbowl. If the Colts beat NE, had an emotional letdown and lost the big one, it's just as bad for them. And Manning would still be the guy that couldn't win the big one.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK then by your logic, Tom Brady threw four picks in the first game. What says he won't again? Two can play that game.
    Yeah, this is getting very old.

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This will now be either the greatest win (ala Pacers 2000) or worst loss (ala Pacers 1999) in the Colts' entire Indianapolis history.

Remember how much I've been harping on "maximum disappointment" over the last few years?

Well, we may have just been set up for the most maximum disappointment possible.

I'll be pulling hard for the Colts this weekend, but I am not liking our chances.

Colts lose on a missed FG by Vinatieri.

Dear God, please let me be wrong.
    I got just the opposite feeling. The Pats haven't beat the Colts in 2 years, despite being in Foxboro. To me this feels like we've finally reached the end of the cycle which began when the Colts lost playoff home field to the Pats when they lost the regular season game in Indy.

Now we've finally gotten to the reverse after a long, painful journey.

When I saw that fumbled interception it felt like the football gods demanding that the Colts go through every demon. The running monster of LJ.

Then a return to Baltimore.

Now the re-do vs the Pats but in Indy.

edit - facing the team in the SB that is father was/is the biggest star they ever had (gotta see Brees/Bush play more than 1 season there)

edit - whoops, the original comment was really wrong. left for context in later reference. I'm an idiot. Later I was thinking "did I say that?" but wasn't sure till I checked back.
    And on top of all that, the SB is in New Orleans of all places.

Isn't there just as much irony in having Vini be the one to get the Colts past the Pats?

I don't think it will come to that though. Pats are tough, but the Colts are a lot more comfortable at home than on the road. The Pats short passing will trouble the cover 2 like it always does, but like the last 2 games in Foxboro it only takes a Colts lead to make that a problematic offensive strategy.

I certainly don't think the Pats run defense is better than the Ravens, and I feared the Chargers 3-4 more than the Pats version as well, at least this year.

The Pacers finally did break through in 2000, which came after that 1999 heartbreak...and the 98 and 95, and 94. To me this looks identical to that except that a 70 win monster isn't waiting from the other conference if they break through.

I don't expect Manning to be great, or the Colts to do a lot more offensively than they did vs the Ravens, but I still think they will do enough. I think Manning got NE out of his system the last 2 years.

Mood

Never said he wouldn't.

But he won't.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Never said he wouldn't.

But he won't.
    Yeah this time he will have 3 INTs and a Fumble.

Just kidding.

Both him and Vinny should play better. Of course with our D playing better you might not see much of an improvement from Brady.