Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is the biggest game in (Indy) Colts history

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default This is the biggest game in (Indy) Colts history

This will now be either the greatest win (ala Pacers 2000) or worst loss (ala Pacers 1999) in the Colts' entire Indianapolis history.

Remember how much I've been harping on "maximum disappointment" over the last few years?

Well, we may have just been set up for the most maximum disappointment possible.

I'll be pulling hard for the Colts this weekend, but I am not liking our chances.

Colts lose on a missed FG by Vinatieri.

Dear God, please let me be wrong.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: This is the biggest game in (Indy) Colts history

Imagine the storybook finish if the Colts beat the Pats just to go to the Super Bowl, and then Peyton defeats his father's team.

I'll set them up and Shade will knock them down...

Mood

Arrow Re: This is the biggest game in (Indy) Colts history

- 17- 20
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Ah yes thank you Shade, I knew I could depend on you.

I hope your wrong as well. This game is huge for the City! All eyes on us..

I'm very superstitious, so I haven't picked the score the last two games, I'm not about to start now..

Why Not Us ?

HOLY **** Shade are you just trying to be insanely unnessecarily negative, so that it won't hurt so much if we do lose. We should be the favorites for this game, we won't because all the experts have brady firmly implanted in their brain. But come on.....

We have beat them twice in Foxborough since we last met in the playoffs
    We are at Home(we are undefeated this year here)
    We can stop the run now, especially at home
    We have torched them for 9 TD's in the last 2 years
    Most of all they Don't have Ty Law anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HOLY **** Shade are you just trying to be insanely unnessecarily negative, so that it won't hurt so much if we do lose. We should be the favorites for this game, we won't because all the experts have brady firmly implanted in their brain. But come on.....

We have beat them twice in Foxborough since we last met in the playoffs
    We are at Home(we are undefeated this year here)
    We can stop the run now, especially at home
    We have torched them for 9 TD's in the last 2 years
    Most of all they Don't have Ty Law anymore.
    To be honest, I don't believe the Colts or Pacers will ever win a championship in my lifetime. So though we should win, on paper, I just can't see it happening. And losing this particular game, to this particular team, at home where we're 9-0...it's pretty much the worst loss it could possibly be.

People are jumping back on the bandwagon in droves, which just makes it that much easier for the entire city to be set up for the ultimate loss.

I mean, seriously...can you actually see the Colts winning a championship this year? I'm pretty sure that's the final sign of the apocalypse.

AAAHHHHH!!!!! HELL YES. HELL YES. I HAVE TIX FOR THIS GAME!!!! AHHHH OMG. ASOiNO{FND[oidng[oiunb[oigfbbn
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I think you'll win this because you're the better team. I wouldn't have said that vs SD but you'd have still had a shot.

But beating the Boogeyman always makes it tougher.

NE has a weak running game and the LB speed isn't much - medium passing and pressure on Brady, if you can.

Should be fun.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    AAAHHHHH!!!!! HELL YES. HELL YES. I HAVE TIX FOR THIS GAME!!!! AHHHH OMG. ASOiNO{FND[oidng[oiunb[oigfbbn
    I said this to my roommate from last year, and I am going to say it to you. You SUCK. Just kidding. But no seriously you do.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    I think you'll win this because you're the better team. I wouldn't have said that vs SD but you'd have still had a shot.

NE has a weak running game and the LB speed isn't much - medium passing and pressure on Brady, if you can.

Should be fun.
    Actually they have a "thunder and lightning" type duo that will keep the Colts off guard.

Faulk is also good hittin the flats on PAs - the Colts have often left the flats unguarded in there man to man, 7 in the box defensive mindset.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Should be fun.
    A weak running game? That's how I know you don't pay much attention to the Patriots. They may not have done much in the playoffs so far, but their running game is far from weak.

I expect NE's running game to be the difference in this game. With that said, I'm taking the Pats 28, Colts 24. And yes, this game is huge...because whoever wins this will win the SB.

Both Dillon and Maroney seem banged up right now, but over the course of the season this has been the best running game of the Brady era.

The Patriots have a very solid running game, but unlike LT it is theoretically containable which will help us out. If we can stop LJ we can stop the Pats run, whether or not we will is another question. But they have 4 guys that rushed the ball quite a bit and average 4+ Yards.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Yes, this is the biggest game in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. Thankfully, most fans are already pysched about the game and a great opportunity for the Colts to advance to the Super Bowl. While a minority, I'm quite sick of the negativity. It's winning time people, and the Colts are at home playing a team they can defeat. Be loud and PROUD of your team!

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    A weak running game? That's how I know you don't pay much attention to the Patriots. They may not have done much in the playoffs so far, but their running game is far from weak.
    My apologies - make it mediocre if that makes you happy.

Though for my money, teams that average under 4 yards per carry for the season have a weak rushing game. I certainly wouldn't call the Colts a strong running team and they averaged better than NE did.

I hate the long time between games in football, all the discussion and the media hype exhausts me. I want the Colts to get into and win the Super Bowl. But to be honest, I dread the two weeks of hype - especially from the local media.

And if I see one more local TV news report from some local bar about what a bunch of drunk Colts fans think I'm going to lose it. Every local station does the same report from the same bars and the drunk fans say the same things every game - note to the news medai - come up with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    The Patriots have a very solid running game, but unlike LT it is theoretically containable which will help us out. If we can stop LJ we can stop the Pats run, whether or not we will is another question. But they have 4 guys that rushed the ball quite a bit and average 4+ Yards.
    Maroney's the only guy I'd be too worried about - unless you revert to your regular season style when my grandmother could have gotten 5 YPC - and she's been dead for 20 years. Dillon's a decent possession-type guy and tough around the goal but he won't tear you up any more. Maroney could but I think you're past that.

Truthfully... wouldn't this be the biggest local game in Indy sports history? This is for a shot at the Super Bowl and that obliterates the NBA in the current sporting world.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Truthfully... wouldn't this be the biggest local game in Indy sports history? This is for a shot at the Super Bowl and that obliterates the NBA in the current sporting world.

-Bball
    No Our ABA championships would have to be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

-Bball
    I agree, I may not want to admit it, but it is true

Windy City Flyer City of Big Sholdas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Actually they have a "thunder and lightning" type duo that will keep the Colts off guard.

Faulk is also good hittin the flats on PAs - the Colts have often left the flats unguarded in there man to man, 7 in the box defensive mindset.
    They will be caught off guard?? I think if you hold your playoff opponents to a total of 14 points in two games, they wont be caught off guard by little Laurence Moroney and Corey Dillon. Which in previous weeks stopped Larry "Grandmama" Johnson, nominated for player of the year, and Jamal Lewis one of the featured running backs in the league.

Faulk won't even be a factor in this game.It is in the Dome, which adds a hell of a lot more speed to the Colts ends and outside LBs, in which they already have. The only way the Colts are losing this game is if, they let the Pats stay in it, which happened to San Diego, and cost them the game. The Colts have to separate the lead slowly, but surely.

The Colts won't be playing much man to man vs. the Pats. They did that the last two times they played them in the playoffs and suffered. Unless Ron Meeks wants his *** gone, then he will play more of a zone, conservative look to confuse Brady and force them to run the ball. Once the middle is stopped, it will force the Pats to start swinging the ball outside, which is where the Colts speed for once this year comes into play. Expect a lot of DE Contain in the early moments to force Brady to stay in the pocket and a lot McFarland and company(LBs) to be blitzin the middle, forcing Brady to throw those swing passes and roll right into those containments.

Brady is severely inaccurate when he is scrambling, which he clearly showed today against the Chargers. And if Freeney and Mathis make him move it will be a long day for them.

The Pats D showed the can stop the run, i.e Ladanian Tomlinson, but can they stop the pass. And when you got one of the most accurate QBs in the game, in Peyton Manning, it might be hard to stop that. They will probably stick Asaunte Samuel on Marvin that leaves Ellis Hobbs to cover Regional Wayne...and boy wont that be fun.

Look for a long day for the Pats D and I predict the Colts win big 24-7.
    |Bears 3-5 - Bulls 0-4|Aren't we just on a roll?

beat the

The last thing I want to see is the rival win another title.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    beat the

The last thing I want to see is the rival win another title.
    Your really a colts fan. admit it

My apologies - make it mediocre if that makes you happy.

Though for my money, teams that average under 4 yards per carry for the season have a weak rushing game. I certainly wouldn't call the Colts a strong running team and they averaged better than NE did.
    Maroney averaged 745 yards on 4.3 YPC over the season with 6 TDs.
    Kevin Faulk had 125 yards on 4.9 YPC over the season with 1 TD.
    Dillon averaged 812 yards on 4.1 YPC with 13 TDs.

Combined, that's around 4.2 YPC with 20 TDs and just over 1600 yards. I'd consider that a pretty good rushing attack when you consider how much they ran the ball this year. Either way, a RBBC of Maroney and Dillon is the best Brady has had in his career. Dillon has lost a step, but he can still get it done between the tackles.

Mood

I want to believe, but I still don't. I'll be rooting for them, I'll have butterflies in my gut the entire time, but I will not expect a win.