Thread: Gomes, Ratliff, and Delonte West

Default Gomes, Ratliff, and Delonte West

It takes a two-part trade in order to work, but I like it:

1. Ike Diogu for Ryan Gomes and Delonte West
    2. Jamaal Tinsley and Jeff Foster for Theo Ratliff.

All told, then, we trade Ike, Jamaal, and Foster for Gomes, West, and Ratliff.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Gomes, Ratliff, and Delonte West

Gomes' game is pretty similar to Murphy. Good midrange shooter and rebounder.

And Ike's game is pretty similar to Jefferson. Rebound and post play.

I heard that Ainge used to be high on Tinsley at one point in time, but it doesnt take a genius to work out that Delonte West is outplaying Tinsley by a wide margin at the moment.

I think if were any chance of getting West, we would have to take on some bad contracts, Scalabrine or Wally, not get an almost expiring deal like Ratliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It takes a two-part trade in order to work, but I like it:

1. Ike Diogu for Ryan Gomes and Delonte West
    2. Jamaal Tinsley and Jeff Foster for Theo Ratliff.

All told, then, we trade Ike, Jamaal, and Foster for Gomes, West, and Ratliff.

Thoughts?
    Without getting too emotional I think this trade isn't very good.

We get a slightly better (combo) guard but lose it on the other players involved. Foster and Diogu for Gomes and Ratliff? That's really bad!

Get Ike out of this trade and make it

Tinsley/Foster/McLeod

for

West/Ratliff

and it looks more fair.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

not to dispute skyfire, but i agree with alpolloloco. i wouldn't offer ike at all - use harrison as sweetener if needed. delonte west fits our lineup very well, but imo he's basically a glorified combo guard. so from the indiana side, it makes more sense to offer just tins/jeff for delonte/ratliff. the question is, would danny ainge go for it?

ainge's moves have always confused me. he did refute the critics a bit by assembling a roster of good young players out of mid to late 1st round picks, but then he didn't make the logical next move and trade some of that young talent for veterans who could win.

i guess he's still waiting on the young ones, but meanwhile the celtics are near the bottom of the horrible atlantic division with no hope in sight.

the only chance i can see for this kind of trade to happen is if the celtics' owner finally gets tired of the losing and fires ainge, and the replacement gm decides that getting 2 new starters is worth west and taking on tins' contract. boston could then field a team of jefferson/foster/wally/pierce/tinsley, backed up by their young guys (perkins/rondo/green/next year's lottery pick). should be competitive, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not to dispute skyfire, but i agree with alpolloloco. i wouldn't offer ike at all - use harrison as sweetener if needed.
    I was just saying that Boston probbly wouldn't want Ike, they already have Jefferson. And we probbly dont need Gomes while we have Murphy.

If we could get Delonte and filler for Tins, Foster and filler I'd be all over it. But I agree with Wintermute that Ainge's moves dont always seem to make alot of sense. He gave up a fair bit to get Telfair, who is now a 3rd stringer behind Delonte and Rondo.