Thread: So about all the experts....

Default So about all the experts....

Who claimed their was no way the Colts D would play the way they did last week again. Do you think the Colts D will hear some apologies. Truthfully i hope they don't, though they do deserve it.

Default Re: So about all the experts....

I was gonna post no way - but the CBS recap talks all about Vinateri and just mentions the D in passing. Should have been the opposite IMO - the Colts scored about where I thought they would. The Ravens didn't - and I thought the Colts would beat KC but it would be a shootout.

The D needs to keep playing with that chip. I still don't know how it happened - but I don't know enough football to talk about schemes or any of that. Something's sure changed - maybe some of the football coaches here can comment - or maybe it's just attitude.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

So far the defensive coaching in the playoffs has been great. In the Kansas City game, the Colts kept a DE inside a little bit and brought down someone from the secondary quite often to guard Larry Johnson's cutbacks, and it obviously worked perfectly. I didn't really see anything special they did today, just solid swarm tackles and a very well executed cover 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So far the defensive coaching in the playoffs has been great. In the Kansas City game, the Colts kept a DE inside a little bit and brought down someone from the secondary quite often to guard Larry Johnson's cutbacks, and it obviously worked perfectly. I didn't really see anything special they did today, just solid swarm tackles and a very well executed cover 2.
    The only thing that's obvious enough for even me to see is that Freeney and Mathis aren't selling out to pass rush every down but are run defending. During the season they were easy to push wide on inside runs. They aren't letting that happen.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who claimed their was no way the Colts D would play the way they did last week again. Do you think the Colts D will hear some apologies. Truthfully i hope they don't, though they do deserve it.
    i was trying to pay attention after the game (but a few people were talking) and hear what boomer, shannon sharpe and those guys were saying about they're predictions. i don't think that i heard a whole lot of praise for the colts just alot of what baltimore did wrong. it was the same way at half-time, they were showing clips of the colts mistakes and giving pointers of what baltimore had to do to get it taken care of in the 2nd half. i love it so much better this way, being the underdogs. it will be interesting to hear what the experts say this week.

The experts are still talking trash about our D.

Still disregarding:

Brady has never beaten Manning at home in the playoffs
    They haven't beat the Colts since they got rid of Ty Law
    Or Vinatieri

Whatever, they can go **** themselves and I hope our players have the same feeling.