Thread: Can someone please explain a NFL rule to me?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Can someone please explain a NFL rule to me?

Ok, during one possesion of todays game McNair took the snap and he was about to get sacked. I beleive there were two Colts defenders on him.

He brushed off the first one and before the second one could sack him he just threw the ball to the ground.

Do any of you remember this possesion?

My question is, why was he not called for "intentional grounding"? I looked back on the replay and thought maybe he had a receiver close to him, but he was all by himself and was clearly in the pocket.

Thanks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Can someone please explain a NFL rule to me?

I think they give the QB the benefit of the doubt when he's being sacked, because he could have been passing it to a receiver and the defense changed the direction of his arm or something.

Default Re: Can someone please explain a NFL rule to me?

That play was more a testament to Mcnair's arm strength than anything else. He WAS in the pocket, but the defensive player altered the flight of the ball so the ball could have potentially landed close to a reciever downfield.

That's why I like Jamarcus Russel at LSU by a mile over Brady Quinn in the NFL draft. But I guess that's another thread.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez