Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I told you so!

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I told you so!

See? I told you the Ravens never stood a chance!

Seriously, though, huge, HUGE win today!!! I'll be damned if these guys aren't getting my hopes up again. I must try to keep an even keel or I may go on a killing spree if/when we lose again.

The defense was AMAZING. You'd think this was a battle of the two best defenses in the league today. They played way beyond my wildest expectations today. MAJOR PROPS!!!!!

With that said, on the flip side, Peyton and the offense (save V), were EMBARASSINGLY BAD today. Fortunately, a healthy chunk of that was due to the Ravens' defense, and we won't face another defense of that caliber however far we go the rest of the way, so that's got to be a bit of a relief for Peyton. Still, he really needs to get it together, and NOW. This is no time to single-handedly let the rest of your team down after all the hype and props you've generated for yourself. GET 'ER DONE!

Who knows? If we can somehow keep flying under the radar, maybe, juuuuust maybe...

NAAAAAHHHHH!

GO !!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I told you so!

I don't even know what to say right now. Our defense is the Anti-Peyton. How can they keep topping themselves?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Most offenses are bad vs Baltimore. That's why all season I thought you didn't stand a chance against them. You scored above the average they give up, gained more yards than they give up on average and had fewer TO's than they get on average. And 3 times you were able to control the ball and take it from deep in your own end out. Even Peyton's 2nd int was as good as a punt - on 3rd down that didn't hurt you at all.

I don't know what team's been playing the last 2 games but it isn't the team that played during the regular season. THAT team didn't have a shot at winning the SB. This team does.

This team I'd favor over SD, either home or there - and NE has to visit you.

Colts fans better be proud of their team - talk about stepping it up when it matters.

One of my favorite sayings has always been, "Once is luck, twice is skill."

That's twice.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Adam Vinatieri. WORTH. EVERY. DAMN. PENNY. Mike who? Easily the second best free agent acquisition of the season (behind Drew Brees).

The defense played amazing, as has been said. I never thought they would be able to continue their play from last week. So happy.

And I do wish Peyton would play better. But as long as the Colts are winning, I could care less. He's doing what it takes so far, and that's what matters.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adam Vinatieri. WORTH. EVERY. DAMN. PENNY. Mike who?
    I think the name you're looking for is Mike Vander-shank.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Most offenses are bad vs Baltimore. That's why all season I thought you didn't stand a chance against them. You scored above the average they give up, gained more yards than they give up on average and had fewer TO's than they get on average. And 3 times you were able to control the ball and take it from deep in your own end out. Even Peyton's 2nd int was as good as a punt - on 3rd down that didn't hurt you at all.

I don't know what team's been playing the last 2 games but it isn't the team that played during the regular season. THAT team didn't have a shot at winning the SB. This team does.

This team I'd favor over SD, either home or there - and NE has to visit you.

Colts fans better be proud of their team - talk about stepping it up when it matters.

One of my favorite sayings has always been, "Once is luck, twice is skill."

That's twice.
    Nicely wrote, I don't understand why people keep writing/saying Peyton looked bad. This was the Ravens he was playing, not only was he playing the Ravens they literally looked better defensively then they have all season and that is amazing. The second int by Peyton was a force and he knew even if it was picked off it was okay because it was just as good as a punt. I haven't heard/read one bad thing about McNair and he threw an int in the endzone. Anyway, Go colts!!! I had NO doubt they were going to win, now next week is iffy because it is a 3-4 defense despite who wins the NE/SD game. I'd perfer NE to win so Peyton can silence ALL of his critics this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    Nicely wrote, I don't understand why people keep writing/saying Peyton looked bad. This was the Ravens he was playing, not only was he playing the Ravens they literally looked better defensively then they have all season and that is amazing. The second int by Peyton was a force and he knew even if it was picked off it was okay because it was just as good as a punt. I haven't heard/read one bad thing about McNair and he threw an int in the endzone. Anyway, Go colts!!! I had NO doubt they were going to win, now next week is iffy because it is a 3-4 defense despite who wins the NE/SD game. I'd perfer NE to win so Peyton can silence ALL of his critics this year.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...nnsi&type=lgns

"Stats mean nothing in a game like this,'' Indianapolis quarterback coach Jim Caldwell said. "Peyton controlled this game.''

This sums it up beautifully, if you look at just QB rating Peyton has stunk, but looking at just QB rating is STUPID. Peyton was excellent except for 2 Miscommunications that only Ty Law could have capitalized on in the KC game, and here for the amount of pressure he was under he was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...nnsi&type=lgns

"Stats mean nothing in a game like this,'' Indianapolis quarterback coach Jim Caldwell said. "Peyton controlled this game.''

This sums it up beautifully, if you look at just QB rating Peyton has stunk, but looking at just QB rating is STUPID. Peyton was excellent except for 2 Miscommunications that only Ty Law could have capitalized on in the KC game, and here for the amount of pressure he was under he was excellent.
    I completely disagree. Peyton could very easily have thrown 5 picks today. The Ravens simply failed to capitalize on three of them.

At least twice he threw into double coverage when he had a man on the other side of the field with single coverage.

I know he's Peyton Manning, but let's be realistic here. He sucked big time tonight. A lot of credit to the Ravens defense, but still...S-U-C-K-E-D.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I completely disagree. Peyton could very easily have thrown 5 picks today. The Ravens simply failed to capitalize on three of them.

At least twice he threw into double coverage when he had a man on the other side of the field with single coverage.

I know he's Peyton Manning, but let's be realistic here. He sucked big time tonight. A lot of credit to the Ravens defense, but still...S-U-C-K-E-D.

Shade,

I just want to let you know that you aren't alone brother! It has been a joke the last couple of games between me and my family to do a "quick kick" right when we hit about the 35 yard line. We may as well kick the field goal before we allow Peyton a chance to turn the ball over.

I mean seriously... how can we defend how this guy is playing in the playoffs? We have clearly won the last two games b/c of the defense and I would go as far to say in spite of Peyton rather than b/c of Peyton. He has thrown some picks that have put us in an extremely bad way and the defense has gotten a turnover or a stop almost every time.

Let me list some points that just can't be ignored.

1. No matter how good a defense is, a good offense should prevail. I always liked playing offense in football b/c you have every advantage. You know the count, you know where the ball is going, and it is impossible to defend the perfect pass and catch. A good defense will make it harder to score, and Baltimore is certainly worthy. However, that is no excuse for putting up zero touchdowns on the board.
    2. The Ravens were playing safetys deep. With both safetys playing extremely deep, they were taking away the long ball. However, that also means that there should have been some additional holes underneath. If the defense takes something away, there is also something they are giving you, and we didn't take advantage of it.

3. Time Overall I think Peyton had ample time to throw. Sure he was pressured, but he didn't take near the amount of hits that McNair did. McNair was sacked more, but he was also drilled a lot more on plays he completed passes.

4. Interceptions Sometimes interceptions happen and they are not the fault of the quarterback. For example, a receiver tips a catchable ball or there is a mis-communication on a route. However, in this game most interceptions were thrown b/c Peyton threw into double or triple coverage. I was scratching my head thinking, "this is the best available option?" Especially considering the play of the deep backs on defense, this was surprising. And has been duly noted, Peyton threw a lot more passes that should have been interceptions.

5. Run In crunchtime, with the exception of perhaps the Dallas Clark amazing grab, our run game has saved our bacon not Peyton's arm. Any QB can hand off, and Addai/Rhodes and the offensive line have been our offensive heroes both weeks.

Let's face it, Peyton's name has to go way low on the list of people who are winning these games for us. The defense, Vinateri, the offensive line, and the running backs are getting the nod from me first.

I still love Peyton and I'm hopeful he comes out of this... someday, but he has done nothing to shed his image as being a choke artist in the playoffs. I mean we couldn't score one freaking touchdown today? I'm not asking for miracles, but the number one QB in the league should be able to score a touchdown against anybody.

On a positive note, just think if Peyton shows up one day and the other players maintain their level of play! Boo Yah!

“Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

I thought Baltimore's defense was fantastic. That was why the Colts offense didn't look so good

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I thought Baltimore's defense was fantastic. That was why the Colts offense didn't look so good
    Agreed. However, it didn't look too good against KC either. If we end up having to play SD, the offense had better show up, or we're screwed. And the Pats' offense has stepped up a notch lately, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Agreed. However, it didn't look too good against KC either. If we end up having to play SD, the offense had better show up, or we're screwed. And the Pats' offense has stepped up a notch lately, too.
    Well to be fair Ty Law plays for KC, Ty law is like Kryponite for Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    glad to see you get in on some action over here w/ the colts mr. buck.
    you are the die hard pacer guy that supports even in dark times gotta love that.
    the colts could use your support.
    yes, peyton had to face t. law and then the entire ravens d.
    the bears still have a tough d, and the pats will be well game planned.

correct me if i'm wrong but i was in the stands when the pats stopped edge on the 1 yard line and that was the year they went on to win ring 1. i know they put in the injury time out rule, because W. Mcgginst played like he had hurt his knee. that gave the bigger, but slower pats the final breath they needed to stop the run. i also saw d. clark hurt his leg badly right in front of my row 6 mid feild seat.
    we have played the pats a ton since, but that had to be 5 years ago. clark was a rookie. have the pats had a game here since? if so name it please.

sorry for my spelling and grammer i've been sipping a littlte, well alot.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

OK Vinny needs to be given a Bonus, thats all i can say.

But yeah, if we play the Pats, I think our offense will show some signs of life, simply because we have played them twice since the last time we met in the Playoffs, both on the road and had a combined 67 points, like 9 TD's. So hopefully if Manning isn't going against Ty Law or the best D in the league he can get something going.

If we play the Chargers, away, LT, and a D we struggled agaisnt last year. IDK if we can win.

if peyton plays that way next week we WILL lose. You can count on that. Scoring 15 points in a playoff game off FG's won't get it done!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    if peyton plays that way next week we WILL lose. You can count on that. Scoring 15 points in a playoff game off FG's won't get it done!
    Got it done today, would have gotten it done last week.

If the D plays like it has, 15 points probably will get it done.

And I mean this, Shade, please do not pick the Colts to win next Sunday !!

I think that would jinx us. I'm very superstitious wore the same shirt today as last Saturday etc...

I was hoping to hear when the Colts arrived back at the airport this evening

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    I was hoping to hear when the Colts arrived back at the airport this evening
    Dunno but they just showed a bunch of people waiting at the airport for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Dunno but they just showed a bunch of people waiting at the airport for them.
    Yeah they said now about 11:48 is when they will arrive , their plane was delayed.

Why Not Us ?

Just be happy that we won. And lets hope this continues.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Shade, you are the most negative Colts fan ever, man! Gosh! We're winning!!! Be happy!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Shade WTF, you are saying he stunk because he threw 2 INTS but could have thrown 5, EVERY QB that throws the ball 5 times CAN throw 5 Interceptions, but Manning was good enough not too. And hell one of those INTs was basically a punt.

I can take any QB that plays a whole game and find 3 times he threw the ball somewhere it could have been picked off and probably shouldn't have been thrown there. The point is that Manning is good enough to throw it places and not get it intercepted that less QBs couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Shade WTF, you are saying he stunk because he threw 2 INTS but could have thrown 5, EVERY QB that throws the ball 5 times CAN throw 5 Interceptions, but Manning was good enough not too. And hell one of those INTs was basically a punt.

I can take any QB that plays a whole game and find 3 times he threw the ball somewhere it could have been picked off and probably shouldn't have been thrown there. The point is that Manning is good enough to throw it places and not get it intercepted that less QBs couldn't do.
    No, Peyton actually threw five interceptions. The Ravens failed to capitalize on three of them out of sheer luck, not because Peyton put them where they couldn't get them. Peyton put them RIGHT IN THE DEFENDERS' FACES, but they bobbled them away.

Like was mentioned by others, these weren't interceptions due to tipped balls or the receiver failing to pull the ball in. These were due to throwing into double and triple coverage and just hoping for the best. The three that weren't officially picked were thrown RIGHT TO Ravens defenders. There's just no excuse for that from someone like Peyton Manning. He makes the most money, gets the most accolades, and must also get the most criticism when he isn't getting the job done. The Colts won today despite Peyton, not because of him.

I'm giving Peyton some credit, because the Ravens' defense was outstanding. But this is no an aberration. This is just par for the course when it comes to Peyton in the playoffs. We've sunk the vast majority of our time and money into the offense, and it needs to produce in the postseason.

This is on the offense's shoulders now. If the defense continues to play the way they have the last couple games (and I see no reason they shouldn't), and the offense can get it together, we have the best team in football now. But if the offense can't produce in the playoffs, we have to ask ourselves; why the hell are they making all that money?

there are too many "negative nancies" around here, were 1 game away from the superbowl!

I was gonna start a new thread on this but I'll throw it in here.

If you think Indy Sports reporting is bad, you should check out the Baltimore Sun. Crap articles to start, blasting Baltimore's coaching staff and giving the Colts no credit. I could give details but you guys can read 'em as well as I can. There was a column on Baltimore needing to beat Indy to heal the city and for catharsis that had a good premise but was badly done.

Weak.