Thread: Pacers Ordered to Forfeit Game Two

Default Pacers Ordered to Forfeit Game Two

Pacers Ordered To Forfeit Game Two
    AP

Shocking Move By NBA.

In a move sure to anger fans of the Indiana Pacers the league office has ordered the team's win Saturday to be forfeited. The league office was angered when pictures broadcast at the game showed the team laughing on the bench. Newspapers across the country used headlines such as "Pacers Win in a Laugher" along with a now infamous photo of the team laughing on the bench as the team rolled to an easy win.

Said a representative from David Stern's office "That is not keeping with the spirit of the game and will not be condoned in today's NBA. Teams have to consider the message they are sending out. When they cross a line we here in the office have to draw the line and draw it hard. Rules are rules. We probably haven't enforced this rule in the past as strictly as we should have but we are doing it now and will continue to do so. We've been accused of political correctness but we do need to consider player feelings and how that relates to sportsmanship. Some Pacer players, I don't think I need to name names, have had a problem with sportsmanship in the past. I feel good about this decision as does the commissioner. The series is now officially 1-1"

Veteran coach and Pacer broadcaster Bob "Slick" Leonard disagrees "It is {expletive deleted}. Just total {expletive deleted}. So the team wins and they take it away for some stupid {expletive deleted} rule they've hardly ever used, let alone used for this interpretation? {expletive deleted} that!!"

The Pacers now head to Miami where the series will be tied at 1 game each. Miami has fared very well at home this season and own a 16 game winning streak there. "I hate winning games like this "said Heat player Brian Grant "We'll take it though. We now have homecourt advantage and that is something we never expected to tell you the truth. I feel bad in a way but we've played hard and I think we're deserving. It's almost like a second chance"

Pacer management are currently quiet on the matter and are appealing to the league officials for a clarification and hopeful reversal of the decision. A secretary said the team plans no official comment until after the appeals process. Pacers players are united and will only say on the record as far as they are concerned they have two more games to win in this round. As of now, the league says differently.

------------------

The above was totally made up 'cuz I am bored!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Pacers Ordered to Forfeit Game Two

Would've been better had you put a byline at the top and a copyright at the bottom and not let anyone off the hook. ed:

I think I'll go post this over on realgm and do just that.

Default Re: Pacers Ordered to Forfeit Game Two

#### Slick, you sure the #### know how to ####### express yourself.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.