Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens promise to punish Addai

Cool Ravens promise to punish Addai

Alright finally some trash talking, I can't wait until Saturday

Ravens promise to punish Addai

By Phillip B. Wilson
    phillip.wilson@indystar.com

OWINGS MILLS, Md. – Last January, Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter questioned the toughness of the Indianapolis Colts.

Today, Baltimore Ravens inside linebackers Bart Scott and Ray Lewis promised to punish one of the quietest Colts, rookie running back Joseph Addai, in Saturday’s AFC divisional playoff game.

“I think it’s going to be a painful day for Joseph Addai,” Scott said with a cold stare in the first podium interview for Ravens players.

Lewis and Scott – the top two tacklers on the NFL’s No. 1 defense – didn’t sound impressed by Addai’s 122-yard rushing effort in the Colts’ 23-8 wild-card victory over Kansas City on Saturday at the RCA Dome.

“Who?” Lewis said, when asked his impression of Addai. “Uh. ..... I don’t know. I don’t know. Kansas City is Kansas City. We’re Baltimore. The impression outside of just getting a lot of balls that nobody is covering you on? I think any running back could have a good day doing that, when you’re not getting hit.

“But one thing about it, no matter how many times Joseph Addai touches the football, he’s going to be hit, bottom line.”

Lewis later made reference to the Colts’ soft image in saying, “You can be pretty all you want to. It’s going to be a physical ballgame, no matter how you want to look at it. What this defense creates right now is it creates matchup problems for people, that we cannot be blocked.”

Scott was honored by Ravens media with a good guy award for his cooperation and enthusiasm with reporters. Because Scott likes to refer to tackles as hot sauce, he was presented a red bottle of Tabasco.

As he walked from the podium, Scott vowed to use his award on Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.

“I’m pouring this on Peyton this week,” he said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...g+GL2g11ePk%3D

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Ravens promise to punish Addai

I enjoy motivation from the other team. I hope we can make them eat crow when we bite the Ravens.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welp, plenty of reading material for the Colts this week. Hopefully they can use it as a motivational tool.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Thank god, I was hoping somebody would start talking so we can keep that chip firmly tucked underneath the shoulderpad.

We need some people to start trashing the D, Wheres Kravitz when you need him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Addai is gonna go out there and play ball. He is not afraid of some contact. His first run of his career he ran over a defender. Plus if the Ravens are worried about Addai when they should be worrying about Peyton.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Absolutely stupid move by Baltimore. I can't believe they could be so dumb. This is the cardinal sin of playoff football.

This is kind of funny
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

A little trash talking from the Ravens makes the Mayflower Bowl even a little more interesting.
    Not that it wasn't already interesting!

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I really had respect for Baltimore until this. If they had so much confidence, they would be talking about playing their game no matter who the opponent is...business as usual. The fact that they are making it personal means that they feel they need to puff up their chests to feel better about themselves.

They will be tough to beat, but if the Colts manage a victory, it will be sweet to see the looks on the players' faces as the clock ticks down, especially the two biggest mouths....

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well you can do that when you know your defense is going to show up every week no matter what. Joey Porter did it last year, now Ray Lewis and Bart Scott can do it this year.

However that being said, pretty dumb on their part. After the way the Colts played last week, I would not be stirring the nest again.
    All in for DG33

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well you can do that when you know your defense is going to show up every week no matter what. Joey Porter did it last year, now Ray Lewis and Bart Scott can do it this year.

However that being said, pretty dumb on their part. After the way the Colts played last week, I would not be stirring the nest again.

D showing up every week, except last time we met. Ehhh. Please whatever happened last year in the playoffs was just as much our own doing as the Steelers people give them way too much credit. Our D didn't show up and gave them a 14-0 lead, of course thats going to Screw with an offense, why the hell do you think our team is designed to do that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    D showing up every week, except last time we met. Ehhh. Please whatever happened last year in the playoffs was just as much our own doing as the Steelers people give them way too much credit. Our D didn't show up and gave them a 14-0 lead, of course thats going to Screw with an offense, why the hell do you think our team is designed to do that.
    Are you saying that Pittsburgh's D was overrated?
    And our defense didn't show up for the first quarter, thats it.

The offense showed up, but then was slapped in the face.

I can't remember the last time the Colts D let us down in a playoff game. Its always our Trillion Dollar Offense that doesn't come thru in the playoffs.

Plus, our offense is designed to get leads on people because it puts asses in the seats at the Dome. Not because it is synonmous with championship football. How we played last week is what wins in the playoffs. Grind it out offense and hard nosed D.

So we didn't do anything to ourselves vs the Steelers last year, expect design a flawed team. Other than that they did it to us.
    All in for DG33

The trash talk does make things interesting. Hopefully Ray will be checked for weapons before he enters the stadium. Sounds like the Ravens have a little bit of that Jacksonville chip on their shoulder. Doesn't make sense, since they did get a ring. I believe it comes back to jealousy in not getting those endorsement dollars like #18.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

They should be more afraid of the way their quarterback has been punished by the Colts over the years.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    I can't remember the last time the Colts D let us down in a playoff game. Its always our Trillion Dollar Offense that doesn't come thru in the playoffs.

Miami in 2000. Their running back ran all over us. Very painful OT as he ran over our defenders. Of course that's not counting 41-0 to the Jets in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    They're also the team that one night, Baltimore residents went to sleep with a football team, the next morning they woke up and that team was in Indianapolis.

Not literally, but pretty close.

I can see why Baltimore residents would be just foaming at the mouth over this. Some of that may have spilled over to the team.

Of course the Ravens have a title and the Colts haven't in that time but I imagine they still don't think what Irsay did was a favor.
    I seriously doubt Ray Lewis cares where the Colts were before they came to INdy. In fact I think he would be insulted that the city still moans about losing the Colts even tho the Ravens brought them a super bowl. Ray Lewis is just a tightly wound human being. Lots of linebackers are in the league. Merriman, Porter, Lewis the list goes on.

And if I were the Ravens I would be worried about two things in this game and neither of them are Addai. The first is Peyton Manning and the second is Dwight Freeney. Dwight Freeney has MURDERED Ogden in the past and I mean murdered him. I think it may have a lot to do with the Ravens and Ogden being cocky enough to believe that Ogden can handle Freeney one on one. Dwight has proven that Ogden can't do that on his own, so Ogden needs to swallow his pride and ask for a double team.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Miami in 2000. Their running back ran all over us. Very painful OT as he ran over our defenders. Of course that's not counting 41-0 to the Jets in 2002.
    How about against New England when the D simply could not get off the field, leaving the trillion dollar offense on the sideline?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Addai>Lewis (both Lewis's)

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who the F is Bart Scott? Seriously.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

You'll find out.

Scott may be a first-year starter, but if your offensive line forgets about him and spends too much time focusing on probowlers like Adalius Thomas and Terrell Suggs or the Raven's other non-probowler, a guy named Lewis, then you're in trouble, and he'll make you pay.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    And if I were the Ravens I would be worried about two things in this game and neither of them are Addai. The first is Peyton Manning and the second is Dwight Freeney. Dwight Freeney has MURDERED Ogden in the past and I mean murdered him. I think it may have a lot to do with the Ravens and Ogden being cocky enough to believe that Ogden can handle Freeney one on one. Dwight has proven that Ogden can't do that on his own, so Ogden needs to swallow his pride and ask for a double team.
    I think the Ravens should be worried about Freeney on passing downs, sure, but if I were doing the playcalling, I'd run the ball right at Freeney with Ogden on him. Ogden is a mediocre to poor pass protector, because he's 6'8" and not extremely mobile. However, he's a very, very good run blocker. If I were the Ravens, I'd keep a blocking TE in there with Ogden to block Freeney on passes, and run it right at Freeney otherwise.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I think the Ravens should be worried about Freeney on passing downs, sure, but if I were doing the playcalling, I'd run the ball right at Freeney with Ogden on him. Ogden is a mediocre to poor pass protector, because he's 6'8" and not extremely mobile. However, he's a very, very good run blocker. If I were the Ravens, I'd keep a blocking TE in there with Ogden to block Freeney on passes, and run it right at Freeney otherwise.
    Especially since Freeney has a tendency to overpenetrate the offensive backfield, leaving a huge hole along the line of scrimmage.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    Especially since Freeney has a tendency to overpenetrate the offensive backfield, leaving a huge hole along the line of scrimmage.
    He didn't do that very much last weekend - even made a run stop once.

Shocked the &%$# out of me - for one game he made run defense a priority - and still got to the QB on pass plays.

Maybe there's a lesson that if you're a premier pass rusher you don't - and shouldn't - need to sell out all the time.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

P.S. Paging MagicRat to photoshop Ray Lewis's face over the cartoon face.