Thread: I don't like the way the Pacers are playing anymore

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I don't like the way the Pacers are playing anymore

From the beginning of the game at New Jersey on, I have not liked the way the Pacers have played, even though they have won most of the games. They have looked more and more unmotivated as the games have gone on (with a slight exception to the Detroit game), with the defense and offense lacking a bit from earlier on in the season. Indiana has just either played teams that sucked and choked down the stretch (Atlanta, New Jersey), Detroit just played a horrible game and the Pacers didn't play a great game by any means, with these last two games being dreadful to watch.

The Pacers can't seem to gain the type of style they want to play, and the Wizards just trashed over the backcourt and big men of the Pacers. Blake, Knight and Hughes could get in the lane at will, and had open shots all night. Brown, Haywood, and Etan Thomas just outmuscled and overpowered the Pacers big guys all night long.

As much as I hate to say this but I think the current line-up has seen its last days of winning basketball (unless the players really push their asses in gear).

Tinsley had a great start but is just terrible right now at keeping the defender in front of him, and is looking more like the old Tinsley at shooting from the outside.

Reggie is fine at the 2, except for the fact that he gets burned time and time again by ANYBODY on the floor.

Ronnie is playing very well this whole season, but I think he needed to not play in the Washington game. With the next game not being till Wednesday he would have had pleanty of time for his thumb to feel at least a lot better. Also Ron's outside shot is starting to fail him a bit.

Jermaine gets hacked more than anybody IN THE LEAGUE. I'm tired of him getting no calls in the paint, as it makes him stay to the outside and take those jumpers which are still pretty inconsistent. Also Jermaine has been getting called for A LOT of ticky-tack fouls that other players of his caliber don't get called for. Jermaine needs to get more aggresive during the middle of the game, and his teammates need to pass him the ball more.

Jeff needs to play more minutes Carlisle; no more of this 20 minute crap. The Harrington, Artest, and O'Neal line-up SUCKS against bigger players. Haywood just had to roll of the pick and could get easy inside shots or fouls every time, as Harrington or Artest was down to cut him off. Jeff was the best player on the floor tonight and he played very little minutes and he wasn't in any real foul trouble from my memory.

Anthony Johnson did very little on either end, besides letting the Wizards guards get in the paint, and slow down the Pacers offense to a grinding hault. Freddie also played well but didn't get the clock he needed as well. He was actually getting to the hoop and drawing fouls. Croshere still sucks as he has the last few years, and Brezec has done nothing for me to really want him on the floor besides the good defense he played on Yao the other day. Pollard is really being missed right now, and it sucks because he was just starting to play well. I think Kenny needs to be thrown back in the PG mix, and will be in a short period if this play continues.

Overall I feel that either the players really need to get their asses in gear, or the team needs a change at the point, and the center positions either via trade or guys on the team.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Default Re: I don't like the way the Pacers are playing anymore

We do need to change the point but I feel it is not the way you mean. AJ was good early but he is not anymore. He hit some shots but he is not a point guard. It is time to bring Kenny back and give him AJ's minutes.

We do need to change the point but I feel it is not the way you mean. AJ was good early but he is not anymore. He hit some shots but he is not a point guard. It is time to bring Kenny back and give him AJ's minutes.
    Tinsley played just as bad as AJ tonight.

Tinsley played just as bad as AJ tonight.
    Tinsley was getting smoked but he also didn't get a lot of help from his teammates.

But nobody was helping anyone on defense. No reason to throw in the towel though - very fixable and that's Carlisle's job. In some ways a bigger test than dealing with Artest. We'll see how they do come Wed.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Pacers point guards and shooting gaurds were bad to tonight on the defensive end.

PacerfanInAz, you make many good points, but please use more paragraphs, it makes it too hard to read when you don't.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers point guards and shooting gaurds were bad to tonight on the defensive end.

PacerfanInAz, you make many good points, but please use more paragraphs, it makes it too hard to read when you don't.
    Alright I'll space my stuff out more in the future, although I'm not used to writing that much stuff on here.

Back on the Pacers, there's a guy who's sitting out there right now who'd be a perfect fit on the team...Glen Rice. The Clips released him a few weeks ago, and I think he would get tons of open shots with all the post up players on the floor. Not sure who the Pacers would cut (Brewer, or Primoz) or trade though.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

I thought I heard the Lakers had picked up Rice?

Again??
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Rice = corpse

Jermaine gets hacked more than anybody IN THE LEAGUE. I'm tired of him getting no calls in the paint, as it makes him stay to the outside and take those jumpers which are still pretty inconsistent. Also Jermaine has been getting called for A LOT of ticky-tack fouls that other players of his caliber don't get called for. Jermaine needs to get more aggresive during the middle of the game, and his teammates need to pass him the ball more.

Jeff needs to play more minutes Carlisle; no more of this 20 minute crap. The Harrington, Artest, and O'Neal line-up SUCKS against bigger players.
    I agree with those points. I think this issue with JO and the refs is starting to get out of hand. Every game I watch I continue to see JO get fouled more and more, and NOTHING is being called. It really pisses me off. And he IS being called for stupid fouls too. I also agree they need to give him the ball more. He is a great player, and needs to be fed more.

And yes, Jeff needs to play more. I think he does all of the little stuff other players don't feel like doing. He plays ALL the time, and that is something that is needed. I say 24-27 min a game.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rice = corpse
    Rice played pretty well for the Clippers before he was released. All he has to do is hit open shots, and he's a savior for JO, Al, and Ronnie.