Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nets came out strong at home.

Default Re: The Nets came out strong at home.

I know one thing is for certain. RJ would NEVER score 30pts against Ron Artest. Not only that, but it seems that is the weak spot in Detroits D, which is where Ron will dominate.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know one thing is for certain. RJ would NEVER score 30pts against Ron Artest. Not only that, but it seems that is the weak spot in Detroits D, which is where Ron will dominate.
    Taking the shots he took today, Jefferson would most DEFINATELY score 30 on Artest. He was making fadaways from 25 feet and hitting one-handed runners in the paint of the wrong freaking foot. Not Prince, nor Ronnie, nor Bill Russel could have defended Jefferson any better.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

How many of those Kidd-assisted dunks boosted Richard Jefferson's 3P% of 37%?

Well, it is a very debatable opinion of mine Ron gets right up in his guys face though because he isnt scared to get beat off the dribble. It is all just hypothetical, but has ANYONE, all season long scored 30 on Ron? or even 20?

Detroit can make all the excuses they want. They got their butts handed to them.

What makes it even more impressive was the refs were completely on the Pistons side. Call after call kept going to Detroit, it pissed me off. Congrats to NJ, and I hope they do it again.
    NJ deserved each and every foul they got. Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, they don't have great shotblockers at the rim so they tackle whomever gets in the paint. On offense, they simply charge straight to the basket and gamble that somebody wont step in front of them for a charge.

If anything, I think NJ got a GENEROUS whistle.....their entire frontcourt could have fouled out by halftime

You have got to be KIDDING. I watched Detroit go on offense and get every damn call, and most were NOT warranted. They were terrible calls, funny how so many more Nets were in foul trouble. The officiating was ridiculous.

Yeah, that tackling was amazing It was Detroit who just kept charging into the lane, getting every call even if they screwed up. Just retarded.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, ...

Taking the shots he took today, Jefferson would most DEFINATELY score 30 on Artest....
    I second that.

Never in the histroy of the NBA has there been a game with NO questionable foul calls.

Well, it is a very debatable opinion of mine Ron gets right up in his guys face though because he isnt scared to get beat off the dribble. It is all just hypothetical, but has ANYONE, all season long scored 30 on Ron? or even 20?
    TMac scored 43 on him this year.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

oh ya, Tmac did have that huge game. That was just one time tho

Detroit can make all the excuses they want. They got their butts handed to them.

What makes it even more impressive was the refs were completely on the Pistons side. Call after call kept going to Detroit, it pissed me off. Congrats to NJ, and I hope they do it again.
    NJ deserved each and every foul they got. Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, they don't have great shotblockers at the rim so they tackle whomever gets in the paint. On offense, they simply charge straight to the basket and gamble that somebody wont step in front of them for a charge.

If anything, I think NJ got a GENEROUS whistle.....their entire frontcourt could have fouled out by halftime

You have got to be KIDDING. I watched Detroit go on offense and get every damn call, and most were NOT warranted. They were terrible calls, funny how so many more Nets were in foul trouble. The officiating was ridiculous.

Yeah, that tackling was amazing It was Detroit who just kept charging into the lane, getting every call even if they screwed up. Just retarded.
    Nothing really to say about that Suave. That wasn't the way the game went you you know it. If you want to go making stuff up we really don't have much of a discussion.

NJ was hammering guys at the rim non-stop. It was clear.

I'm not even sure why I'm debating semantics. We got our butts kicked. But the odds of it happening again the same way are pretty slim. I really like our chances to win in five anyhow.

Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, ...

Taking the shots he took today, Jefferson would most DEFINATELY score 30 on Artest....
    From a LAKER fan, no less.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Nothing really to say about that Suave. That wasn't the way the game went you you know it. If you want to go making stuff up we really don't have much of a discussion.

NJ was hammering guys at the rim non-stop. It was clear.
    Making up stuff? Ha. There was nothing clear about it. The only thing that was clear was Detroit was getting calls.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I'm not even sure why I'm debating semantics. We got our butts kicked. But the odds of it happening again the same way are pretty slim. I really like our chances to win in five anyhow.

Oh dear, here we go again.......

What happened to the "revenge" blowout ? what happened to 4 - 0 to make up for last year ?

odds ? I'm no betting man, just because I never looked into understanding this at length and beyond the point where it says that the odds are never in my favour, but i would assume that the odds changed a wee bit after last nights game.

I still nay care who we meet in the ECF, I'm comfy with either, but what most of us said, this will not be a blowout.

and fyi; I have the Pistons in 6 or 7 but I do feel that NJ got a feel good game under their belt that may change the outlook somewhat.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

sc

Neither team can complain about the calls. The officating was horrible and it was not lopsided. New Jersey got the calls early and the Pistons got the calls in the 2nd. It all has to do with hard work. Whoever is the hardest working team is going to get the calls. NJ however took greater advantage.

The reason the Nets were in foul trouble is becuase you can drive to the hole on them and they are forced to take fouls. Martin is over-agressive on the offensive side with forearms. Collins, Williams, etal have no game and are forced to foul. That is why they were in foul trouble.

There were weak calls as there always is Salvatore. The guy likes to exert his presence early in the game and is T happy, especially for Larry Brown and the Pistons, it has been that way for years.

The question is how is Bennet Salvatore still a NBA referee.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Neither team can complain about the calls. The officating was horrible and it was not lopsided. New Jersey got the calls early and the Pistons got the calls in the 2nd. It all has to do with hard work. Whoever is the hardest working team is going to get the calls. NJ however took greater advantage.

The reason the Nets were in foul trouble is becuase you can drive to the hole on them and they are forced to take fouls. Martin is over-agressive on the offensive side with forearms. Collins, Williams, etal have no game and are forced to foul. That is why they were in foul trouble.

There were weak calls as there always is Salvatore. The guy likes to exert his presence early in the game and is T happy, especially for Larry Brown and the Pistons, it has been that way for years.

The question is how is Bennet Salvatore still a NBA referee.
    Very reasonable post. Good to see that.

Hovever, Bennet Salvatore is one of the better refs in the league, IMO. Now, Dick (Knick) Bavetta and Joey Crawford are the Devil's chief agents. That Mathis guy is a real jerk too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

sc

Salvatore just has something for Brown and Pistons, always has. It is pretty apparrent.

I agree with Bevatta as well.

I just want to say that Ben Wallace the past two games has played unbelievably well. His effort and determination in these two games has been off the charts.

Graywolf_59

You guys haven't been listening. The Pistons fans have already declared this series over.
    That's OK......all the Media have the Piston's-(Spur's/or Laker's) in the final's!We all know the Truth here in Indiana........(I Hope we keep getting NO Respect) thru the Playoff's!It fire's our Pacer's up even more.