Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nets came out strong at home.

Mood

Default The Nets came out strong at home.

I came home to find them up 31-13 over Detroit after 1. As I type they're up 35-18 in the 2nd. It will be interesting to see if they can hold on this time or not.

Default Re: The Nets came out strong at home.

Looks like Pistons getting back in it. Must be 20 fouls calls on the nets so far this second Q.

You guys haven't been listening. The Pistons fans have already declared this series over.
    Can we get a new color commentator please?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Down to 9. :

sweabs

You didn't see the first quarter Hicks - Rasheed in foul trouble...here is the key to beating Detroit...get a Wallace in foul trouble!!!

PistonsDynasty

You didn't see the first quarter Hicks - Rasheed in foul trouble...here is the key to beating Detroit...get a Wallace in foul trouble!!!
    Pistons also came back while Sheed was on the bench.

The Pistons are going to win by 10+ bank on it.

Hope not... that means we have to beat Miami by 10+ or else Detroit will tie us for the record.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PistonsDynasty

Hope not... that means we have to beat Miami by 10+ or else Detroit will tie us for the record.
    , yeah I was pulling for the Heat to score on that last basket yesterday!!

Southside_Pacer

Remind me never to ask your opinions on who to wager on. :P I don't gamble but still. :P

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

*sighs*

this must be "underdog day" or something......Richard Jefferson suddenly became Reggie Miller..... ed:

FIne with me, Nets will take the same shots they took today and will hit about %25, because frankly most of their shots were crap.

The Nets can enjoy their last win of the year. It'll be more fun eliminating them in Detroit anyhow,

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Nope.

sweabs

Nope.

Kstat - I don't expect Kidd to shoot 1-13 or whatever again either...

No, of course not. I expect him to go 0-13

Kidd and Jefferson are both CRAP shooters. Notice i didnt say average, I said CRAP. So when one shoots like crap and the other shoots like Larry freaking Bird, I do not consider that "things evening out."

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

It was almost as much fun watching the Pistons get blown out as watching the Pacers annihilate the Heat

Plus their fans talk so much smack.

What happened to Tayshun? That has to be one of the worst games he has ever played. RJ was just schooling him and the whole Pistons team. This game gives NJ alot of confidence, and I really think they can win this series still.

Kidd and Jefferson are both CRAP shooters. Notice i didnt say average, I said CRAP. So when one shoots like crap and the other shoots like Larry freaking Bird, I do not consider that "things evening out."
    How is Jefferson a crap shooter? That is nonsense really. Very respectable % overall and from three this year. He has really improved his shot. Game tonight for him was no fluke. Only hit 2 or 3 shots that were real tough like that three at end of shot clock.

Plus NJ played the entire game with everyone in their frontcourt in foul trouble.

sweabs

You are right - they both aren't very good shooters and I expect the Pistons to just crush them in Game 4. I gotta say though - that reffing was REAL inconsistent.

One more time. Nothing really happens until someone wins on the road or Game 7. Hopefully the Pacers can do something tomorrow.
    Can we get a new color commentator please?

sweabs

One more time. Nothing really happens until someone wins on the road or Game 7. Hopefully the Pacers can do something tomorrow.

How is Jefferson a crap shooter? That is nonsense really. Very respectable % overall and from three this year. He has really improved his shot. Game tonight for him was no fluke. Only hit 2 or 3 shots that were real tough like that three at end of shot clock.

Plus NJ played the entire game with everyone in their frontcourt in foul trouble.
    Jefferson shoots a high % because most of the time Kidd is spoon-feeding him dunks. From 15 feet and out Jefferson is pure garbage. Half the time he can't even hit the rim.

As for NJ, I'll give them credit if they can beat us a SECOND time. But considering what had to happen for them to win this game, I would think thats very doubtful.

Jefferson shoots a high % because most of the time Kidd is spoon-feeding him dunks. From 15 feet and out Jefferson is pure garbage. Half the time he can't even hit the rim.
    Right. Guess that's why he shoots about 37% from three and had some of his best games of the season when Kidd wasn't there.

lol usually Kstat knows what he is talkin about, but not this time! Sounds to me like he is reaching for excuses over how bad the pistons played. RJ is just as good if not a better shooter than Chauncey.

2003-2004 FG%

Chauncey .394
    RJ .498

silly pistons fan

Detroit can make all the excuses they want. They got their butts handed to them.

What makes it even more impressive was the refs were completely on the Pistons side. Call after call kept going to Detroit, it pissed me off. Congrats to NJ, and I hope they do it again.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

agreed Suaveness, I hope they go 7 very physical games with triple overtimes.

I really don't care which team the Pacers play, but personally I feel more of rivalry with Detroit. But beating the Nets would bring about great satisfaction too.

Tim

Unfortunately this was the kind of game I was expecting out of NJ.
    For the first time in the series NJ kept their heads under Detroit pressure.

This game is an example of why I felt NJ would win the series and may stop us. Detroit's D is great but they can be defended like most other good teams, unless they are having a real good night shooting Detroit isn't going to go on a lot of scoring runs like the Nets can.

Hopefully Detroit can bounce back, I rather play them over of the Nets.

Detroit can make all the excuses they want. They got their butts handed to them.

What makes it even more impressive was the refs were completely on the Pistons side. Call after call kept going to Detroit, it pissed me off. Congrats to NJ, and I hope they do it again.
    NJ deserved each and every foul they got. Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, they don't have great shotblockers at the rim so they tackle whomever gets in the paint. On offense, they simply charge straight to the basket and gamble that somebody wont step in front of them for a charge.

If anything, I think NJ got a GENEROUS whistle.....their entire frontcourt could have fouled out by halftime