Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game thread - Pacers beat Hawks

Default Post game thread - Pacers beat Hawks

WOW What a crazy 3 minutes from the young guys at the end of the game.

They just kept trying to top each other. Shawne two 3's. Maceo the steal and the dunk on Marvin Williams' whole family. Quis great drive to the bucket for the score and the crazy in between the legs trick and pass to Shawne. Orien's crazy drive to the bucket, Danny's too.

The bench was going crazy, Jack and DA jumped up like the saw the holy ghost when Shawne hit that 3. Everyone screaming OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when Mace dunked on dude. Wow that was alot of fun.

I need that in my life.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: Post game thread - Pacers beat Hawks

question is...did the Hawks just give up at that time? or can those 5 players together do some real damage outside of garbage time?

It is nice to see that we are no longer the punching bag for the Hawks!

Lets go get it done in Boston!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shawne needs more pt. I may just have been wrong about him. He's quick, agile, and has a nice stroke. He also seems to have a good eye for the ball.

We are absolutely loaded up front. Foster, Baston, Hulk, JO, Al, Danny, Shawne, Rawle, Powell...wow.

Can someone please upload or download or simply load (I don't know which, I'm not up on the computer lingo) the last three minutes (OR THE WHOLE GAME!) onto Pacers Digest!? Pleeease?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maceo the steal and the dunk on Marvin Williams' whole family.

Needless to say, we got a solid win. Played some good defense, held JJ to another lackluster game (Jack plays him well), and beat a team we should.

Let's dominate the Celts tomorrow.

Thumbs up Re: Post game thread - Pacers beat Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Can someone please upload or download or simply load (I don't know which, I'm not up on the computer lingo) the last three minutes (OR THE WHOLE GAME!) onto Pacers Digest!? Pleeease?

I love the idea... it would be soo coool if our digest have this...

highlight or the last 3 minutes of the game...

The whole Williams family

I dropped Marvin Williams from my fantasy team because of tonight...I made a terrible mistake, but one I no longer wish to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    WOW What a crazy 3 minutes from the young guys at the end of the game.

They just kept trying to top each other. Shawne two 3's. Maceo the steal and the dunk on Marvin Williams' whole family. Quis great drive to the bucket for the score and the crazy in between the legs trick and pass to Shawne. Orien's crazy drive to the bucket, Danny's too.

The bench was going crazy, Jack and DA jumped up like the saw the holy ghost when Shawne hit that 3. Everyone screaming OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when Mace dunked on dude. Wow that was alot of fun.

I need that in my life.
    Sounds like I left the game about 2 and a half minutes too early.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Sounds like I left the game about 2 and a half minutes too early.........
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marvin couldn't even get his head away from looking at the damn ball, that is sad right there. He got posterized in a rare way, usually you ain't supposed to be in position to actually be looking at the ball, while not doing a thing to stop it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw the attendance tonight was 13,559.

Is that the worst attendance ever at Conseco? That has to be close to it.

So is it OK to get seriously enthusiastic about Shawne Williams' prospects now?

Good win.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I saw the attendance tonight was 13,559.

Is that the worst attendance ever at Conseco? That has to be close to it.
    They've never had a crowd below 14,000 - until tonight

Edit: the previous low was last season 14,037.

I figured this Hawks game would be low, Tuesday night, Hawks aren't a draw, no more $4.00 tickets or $8.00 tickets.

We do now know that 13,500 is the baseline

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

The Mace dunk was nice because he reached back on it a little as well as sorta stretching to get it there and down. Made it look more powerful.

Quis continues to show that crafty ball handling he has. I just can't figure why he's not in the rotation more. I like DA as a personality, but Daniels is MUCH better than DA right now, even as a PG I think.

Shawne is the real deal. Not just that he hit 3s but that they continue to look natural as hell when he shoots them. Plus he handles the ball well and has overall poise in the game. Another guy that I'm unsure why he didn't stick in the rotation a little more.

JO simply should not have played tonight. He looked poor most of the time and was clearly not at full strength. Still enough to get the job done, but a couple of his dunks were setup by other players. I appreciate him gutting it out, but I thought things improved when Mace came in from him simply because he could bring the full leaping and effort that JO couldn't.

Wish they'd saved him for Boston a bit more.

GOOD TINSLEY HAS BEEN SIGHTED!!! He was passing, a lot. He was making really strong passes at that. Plus he used the dribble to set up passes that weren't there initially. That's what I like to see out of him. Hope that sticks.

HARRINGTON DEFENSE HAS BEEN SIGHTED!!! Nice block, couple of decent steals, some other good help plays. Pretty decent. Of course at the other end he was a disaster most of the night. A big reason he started so cold was that they/he was forcing his offense when it wasn't really there at times.

That was black-hole Al that some fans used to complain about. Later some of the stuff came to him, but it never was really consistantly running smooth.

Gotta say though that after Jackson made that one tough, driving crazy layup that you saw Al laughing it up and smiling which is very good to see. I don't need 18-10 if he can just keep his energy and positive attitude going.

Jackson was outstanding most of the night. One trip he got denied near the rim at the end of a crazy sequence of tips and close misses. He didn't go at the ref but he hesitated for second in frustration. The difference is that he busted it back down to catch up to Joe, and then as Joe made a move to go past him he pulled a Jackson special and swatted the shot away from behind/over-the-head.

Most of the night he was coming to the lane away from the ball trying to attack spaces (and he wasn't the only one, this was a VERY nice development for the offense) and driving when he got the ball. He mixed in a couple of 3s, a mid-jumper when the GnGo was cut off, and just kept himself involved all over the place.

Foster was the man this game, no doubt. That box score is all legit for him....and after the game he even admitted to the problem with not scoring the bunnies. That somehow makes it a lot easier for me to live with, just knowing that he knows it's a problem (not that I doubted he did before).

He said something like "I should have had 17 points too" and he's right. But his defense and hustle helped carry the team through some bumps so who cares.

Granger had a nice freelance night. He never was involved in the offense, though it wasn't his fault I don't think. But when he got the chance he freelanced his way into solid scores and made sure to impact the game wherever he could find a spot.

I REALLY like Danny paired with the deep bench because it turns him into morme of a primary option, not just as a shooter but also as a creator. I think taking on that role will help him understand what he needs to do when he's with the starters and not "the man".

Saras - loved a lot of what he did, nice movement with the ball, some really oustanding passes. But then he also had a couple of bad turnovers. You think anyone here would tolerate Tinsley or Jackson trying to go between the legs on a breakaway pass just to show off and losing it to the other team instead?

Still that wasn't what most of his night was about so again who cares.

We are absolutely loaded up front. Foster, Baston, Hulk, JO, Al, Danny, Shawne, Rawle, Powell...wow.
    Rawle is basically a slashing SG all the way. Hulk on the frontline as he's played up till now doesn't add to the "loaded" view either.

But I do agree that JO/Foster and then Al/Baston/Powell behind them, with Danny and Shawne as true SFs makes for a solid, mostly young front line. Clearly Shawne has at least the shot that Danny does from deep.

The problem with this team has absolutely nothing to do with lacking overall talent. They have 3pt shooters, they have rebounders, they have defensive guys, they even have good creators and slashers when guys like Tins, Jack and Quis play in their good (but normal, not game-of-their-life) modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    That's kind of depressing, but I guess not all that surprising. Who doesn't want to see the Hawks!?

I would attend every game if given the chance, but considering the commute from Jersey is a more than half a day both ways, it just seems unreasonable...so, sadly I can only make 1 of every 5 games (against NJ).

BTW, thanks for the sum-up Seth - I usually don't read them, but I felt in the mood tonight and felt it was pretty informative stuff for us out-of-staters to chew on before the official Pacers.com report blows smoke up my...well, you know where.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Pathetic. This team is playing better ball than they did from 00-01 through 02-03, barring about 2 months at the end of 2002 before Ron flipped out the first time.

It's also WAY better than the product looked last year after Ron's trade request. In fact even before that the team was easily as inconsistant as this version is without Ron.

Recall the home opener loss to Philly, but then that huge win over Cleveland on Thanksgiving, and so on. It was just like this, promising and then a massive letdown of underachievement.

Okay, you don't like Jackson and Tinsley...I'm pretty sure JO and Foster are still on the team. If Reggie Miller was on the team would these people skip it too just because of Jack and Tins? I doubt it.

Jack and Tins are just a convenient bandwagon fan excuse that covers up the truth - they want to nap till the team wins and we wake them if there's a chance for a title run.

Colts still had to face that same issue after the rough finish to the season. Suddenly they stuffed the Chiefs running game and they're all coming back in from the parking lot wondering if they left too soon (metaphorically).

That's one aspect of this city that I hate (as my PD party rant about it probably proved ).

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Pathetic. This team is playing better ball than they did from 00-01 through 02-03, barring about 2 months at the end of 2002 before Ron flipped out the first time.

It's also WAY better than the product looked last year after Ron's trade request. In fact even before that the team was easily as inconsistant as this version is without Ron.

Recall the home opener loss to Philly, but then that huge win over Cleveland on Thanksgiving, and so on. It was just like this, promising and then a massive letdown of underachievement.

Okay, you don't like Jackson and Tinsley...I'm pretty sure JO and Foster are still on the team. If Reggie Miller was on the team would these people skip it too just because of Jack and Tins? I doubt it.

Jack and Tins are just a convenient bandwagon fan excuse that covers up the truth - they want to nap till the team wins and we wake them if there's a chance for a title run.

Colts still had to face that same issue after the rough finish to the season. Suddenly they stuffed the Chiefs running game and they're all coming back in from the parking lot wondering if they left too soon (metaphorically).

That's one aspect of this city that I hate (as my PD party rant about it probably proved ).
    I said this same thing in the Colts forum, and got yelled at by an admin. Be careful with speaking the truth.

Since I'm a Jackson supporter, or at least defender, let me talk about one goofy play that he managed to save. It was just funny seeing it develop so awkwardly.

JO was posted a bit off the low block, faced up. Jack's defender snuck deep into the lane, even across it a bit. Jack saw this and started sneaking baseline himself for the backdoor pass.

Problem was that Tins ran through a screen just as he was doing this and then cut to the lane to pressure the help defense in a similar manner. He ended up getting right in Jack's passing lane and drawing his defender with him. Not intentional and not directly wrong, just bad timing.

So there were Jack and Tins literally side by side in the same space and JO being forced back to the arc trying to feed them or anyone.

Finally Jack realized the situation, came to JO to take the ball from him safely, then used JO to pick himself free against the sideline, literally using his arm to wing JO and push his way by awkwardly (there was no room left). This just looked funny, I mean JO was shoved aside in the process.

When he got free he quickly found an open Harrington who dropped the 3. Not pretty but it shows exactly what I like about Jackson, that there are plenty of times he actually plays very smart and has enough ability and strength to deal with some tricky situations.

He gets boneheaded too and its frustrating as hell, but when he limits that stuff to just a few times a game he is a very effective teammate. Just like Tinsley was when he controlled his shooting tonight.

Neither need to be great in order for the team to excel, just bring solid nights of mostly positive plays. Tonight they did that.

And the question was asked if it was the backups or the Hawks making them look good...well by the end it looked like the Hawks gave up and even before then they looked pretty stagnet and overmatched.

I was at the game tonight and I am wondering if the Pacers future point guard
    is not already on the team. I wonder if Marquis or even Green could not be the future. The starting five were really lethargic tonight in the first half.
    One of the best parts of the game was the last 3 minutes as some have
    commented already. I believe Bird does know talent and Shawne Williams has
    talent and the poise and the court awareness to be a good to great player. The two threes he hit were like the purest water you have ever drank. The form on the shot and the ball going through the net were pure. Did the net even move? Also DG has more game than he is really allowed to show. He is not looked to for offense and what he does get is by scrapping and hustling.
    Green looked solid when pressed and drove to the hoop and scored.
    Between Tinsley and Jackson I would rather keep Jackson as he plays
    defense. I think that is where the change should be made. At least bring him
    off the bench which I doubt he would accept.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I was at the game tonight and I am wondering if the Pacers future point guard
    is not already on the team. I wonder if Marquis or even Green could not be the future. The starting five were really lethargic tonight in the first half.
    One of the best parts of the game was the last 3 minutes as some have
    commented already. I believe Bird does know talent and Shawne Williams has
    talent and the poise and the court awareness to be a good to great player. The two threes he hit were like the purest water you have ever drank. The form on the shot and the ball going through the net were pure. Did the net even move? Also DG has more game than he is really allowed to show. He is not looked to for offense and what he does get is by scrapping and hustling.
    Green looked solid when pressed and drove to the hoop and scored.
    Between Tinsley and Jackson I would rather keep Jackson as he plays
    defense. I think that is where the change should be made. At least bring him
    off the bench which I doubt he would accept.
    SOMEONE PLEASE UPLOAD THE FOOTAGE - THIS IS TORTURE!
    I really need to get a job and pay for League Pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I said this same thing in the Colts forum, and got yelled at by an admin. Be careful with speaking the truth.
    Really? Doesn't seem like such a bad thing to point out. It's unfortunately true. Both teams have true blue cores of course (like us) but this is a city with a poor economy relative to many other cities and lacking in the recent college grad singles with disposible income that make a solid portion of event attendence.

Owl - I do think Quis can play some PG. Not sure about starting because he's not quite that type of player, but he clearly is a solid creator with good handles. Faced against PGs like Paul I think he'd have a ton of trouble, probably more than Tinsley and with less ability to really attack them at the other end.

But against another SG with a defensive PG on court with him? That could work pretty well, especially if your SF is a shooter like Shawne or Granger.

And a Quis/Jack backcourt could really use it's size to intimidate other guards at both ends and get really physical with them for a little bit, nice change of pace.

I wish my birthday was coming sooner. My wish is going to be for "good Tinsley" to move in on a permanent basis. That would solve a lot of problems right there.

I'd be careful about reading too much into the final 3 minutes. It was basically a pickup game by that time.

Edit: I'm currently watching the Mavs play the Jazz - great game by the way - but I wonder the Jazz and the pacers traded all their players and coaches would Conseco sell out every game. Is that the type of team the city wants

Did anyone else know that Jack battled through the flu, and even missed the morning shootaround? I just read it in the Pacers.com recap. It's pretty damn amazing, we never hear about his ailments / injuries until after the games.

We should be very pleased that JO, Jamaal, and Stephen all decided to battle through their respective problems today and play effective games.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    I love the idea... it would be soo coool if our digest have this...

highlight or the last 3 minutes of the game...
    I'd love to, but my PVR on my computer hasn't been working for a couple of months now thanks to the software.

I don't know where the original disc (older software that worked) is, so I'm stuck for now.