Thread: JONeal tweaked ankle in practice

Sports Logo

Default JONeal tweaked ankle in practice

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_070109.html

If Al Harrington wants more shots, the opportunity could well arise sooner than anticipated. Hopping on one leg, Jermaine O'Neal had to be helped to the locker room after tweaking a left ankle injury that has bothered him throughout the season during Monday's practice at Conseco Fieldhouse. Though O'Neal is listed as day-to-day with a mild sprain, the possibility exists he won't be able to play Tuesday against Atlanta.
    In that event, Harrington would likely shift to power forward and become the first option on the offense against his former team.

"If he's not in there, obviously everybody's going to have to step up," Harrington said. "We're going to need more production from me, Stephen Jackson and even Jamaal (Tinsley) and Danny (Granger). It's going to be a team effort if he can't play."
    I don't know if its been brought up yet....but just an FYI. It doesn't sound major.....but something to keep an eye on given our schedule.

I guess an injury is an injury.....and someone can probably answer this ( who has more experience in Sports injuries )...but it doesn't sound major.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: JONeal tweaked ankle in practice

Wow, JO is Injured, well I am shocked. I mean those words are pretty much polar opposites.

I feel bad for JO, another injury. I hope he recovers fast.

Maybe we see some more of Powell tomorrow?
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

He's played his butt of this season, I really feel bad for him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, JO is Injured, well I am shocked. I mean those words are pretty much polar opposites.

Honestly, have you ever said something positive about Jermaine?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post

Honestly, have you ever said something positive about Jermaine?
    He knows out to make money, hes had some funny commercials. But about his level of play rarely if ever. 20 mill demands more.

He gonna play

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    He gonna play
    He doesn't need to. No need to aggrevate it. It's cool. He is far too important. It's not like he doesn't have a high pain threshold or wouldn't play in the playoffs with something like this but for now, we need to be careful.

Al's comment is a bit condescending towards Tinsley and Granger, lol. The 'even' part makes it seem like he thinks him and Jack are the only players near JO's level. I'm definitely not thrilled with Al's comments as of late, not showing a lot of support for his teammates.

uhg JO just can't stay healthy? this guy sprains so much it's crazy! it's just an ankle let him rest a wk maybe 3 games and let him get back at it. No since having him limp around and maybe reagrivating it
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ugh, I think he plays though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Al's comment is a bit condescending towards Tinsley and Granger, lol. The 'even' part makes it seem like he thinks him and Jack are the only players near JO's level. I'm definitely not thrilled with Al's comments as of late, not showing a lot of support for his teammates.

That's what I thought when I read it. Like he doesn't think much of them or something.

I was more concerned with the implication that the team only needs to play together now that JO might miss the game, meaning that JO will carry us to wins and we can just ride him like a rented mule otherwise. Might go a long way towards explaining why the rest of the team plays better when JO isn't in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I was more concerned with the implication that the team only needs to play together now that JO might miss the game, meaning that JO will carry us to wins and we can just ride him like a rented mule otherwise. Might go a long way towards explaining why the rest of the team plays better when JO isn't in there.
    This is something I have always thought... to me I think one of the main reasons this team strugglesfrom game to game is a lot of players have a tendency to stand around and let the "hot" hand do it. Thus if teams take away our hot hand... Tins ends up having to take too many shots.. Thus when they play with out the star... they as a team realize they have to play together.... This to me was very evident last year at the end of the year and I think lead to the struggles of Jax by the end of the year.....
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I know. What is going on with him?

He needs a new tatoo on his arm that he can look at every day - MORALE BOOSTER. Focus Al, you are shooting well and this team is looking for LESS distractions, not more of them.

Fun is supposed to be back, remember!?

I know the injury is no new news, just some interesting tidbits in case some didn't see this. Apologies if this was posted.

Pacers notebook

O'Neal injured during practice
    Pacers say he has mild sprain of ankle, might miss tonight's game

By Mike Wells
    mike.wells@indystar.com

Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal had to be helped to the locker room after injuring his left ankle in practice Monday.

The Pacers are listing the injury as a mild sprain, but it's possible that O'Neal will miss tonight's game against the Atlanta Hawks.

"We'll see how he is (today)," coach Rick Carlisle said. "It's the same ankle that has been bothering him. He's had repeated mild sprains in this ankle and a couple of severe ones."

O'Neal missed three games last season with a sprained left ankle and this season missed a game in November and has left a couple of others for stretches with an ankle injury.

Carlisle said he will wait to decide who will start if O'Neal can't play tonight.
    Point guard Jamaal Tinsley and swingman Marquis Daniels were also limited in practice Monday.

Tinsley, who didn't participate in any contact drills, has been dealing with a bruised sternum and ribs since Thursday's game at Dallas. Carlisle said there's a "good chance" Tinsley will play tonight. Tinsley wants to play in all 82 games.

Daniels also missed contact drills because of the badly jammed middle finger on his right hand. He injured the finger against the Mavericks. Daniels sat out the second half of Saturday's game against New Orleans.

"It's getting a little better," Carlisle said. "He didn't do any contact stuff (Monday) because if he gets it hit he's going to have a setback."

Constant rotation tinkering

The Pacers have played 34 games and still don't have a set rotation despite staying relatively injury free.

Carlisle has used at least nine players in every game. He's used 11 and all 12 active players 11 times each.

Daniels' minutes have fluctuated greatly, though now it looks like he could get minutes again as long as his injured finger holds up. Little-used Orien Greene was the first point guard off the bench against the Hornets on Saturday. Ten players are averaging at least 10.5 minutes a game.

"I said going into it that there are so many guys that offer different things that can help us," Carlisle said. "Some nights we'll go very deep. The other night we played all 12 and they all played when it counted. Matchups, situations, foul problems all contribute to the necessity to a deep bench." Indystar

Why Not Us ?

Too bad. JO has been on a roll lately, playing great ball.

When you look at JO's lower legs and ankles, it's not surprising to me that he has a lot of sprains. They're on the small side to be carrying 260 lbs or so.

If there's a silver lining, it will be to see how we fare with the up-tempo game with him on the bench.

Told yall he would play