Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, name all the oneliners (and other words) that should be forbidden from now on!

Hybrid View

Default Ok, name all the oneliners (and other words) that should be forbidden from now on!

As stated in Peck's "my fellow Pacers Digest Members" thread there is a majority of posters who don't like certain oneliners (and other vocabulaire) in a post.

So name all those oneliners which should be forbidden from now on.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Default Re: Ok, name all the oneliners (and other words) that should be forbidden from now on

Things I have been told I cant use
    -Fix Your Face
    -Stanley
    -Herb
    -Step Your Life Up

Default Re: Ok, name all the oneliners (and other words) that should be forbidden from now on

Are you talking about stuff like QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you talking about stuff like QFT
    Yep, or things like STFU or "player A > God".

Anything that doesn't contribute to the quality of a post or thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    Yep, or things like STFU or "player A > God".

Anything that doesn't contribute to the quality of a post or thread.
    I think banning 95% of the posts is a little extreme.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    I think banning 95% of the posts is a little extreme.
    lmao

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Well, I think it is really up to the moderators to use their good judgment. They have set a good standard in the past, and when I suggested an addition to the list in another thread, I only meant it as a suggestion to them rather than as a popular sovreignty gesture. But, since you are asking, let's start with famous seven:

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin

Although, come to think of it, that last one doesn't belong. It sounds more like a snack food: Betcha can't eat just one!
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Artest
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

You could follow simple newspeak rules as described in "1984" for limiting our vocabulary.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Don't quote an admin's post and only write David Stern.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

I'm all for personal piety but am not sure this is the best method or correct forum for this discussion.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

You are right, mods please move this to the Shout Box so everyone can vent more openly.

Leisure Suit Larry

TPTB and props

"I post in the nude."

^That is a one-liner I don't need to see, ever.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    "I post in the nude."

^That is a one-liner I don't need to see, ever.
    Funny you should say that, but I'm a loosely tired bathrobe away from posting that.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    Funny you should say that, but I'm a loosely tired bathrobe away from posting that.

reminds me of the story that Dane Cook was talking about on Vicious Circle...

Your mom
    You're gay
    Get out

Who told that you are gay?

Alpolloloco, have you checked your posts lately? Probably about half are one-liners that add nothing. I find it hilarious that you find it your responsibility to initiate this particular topic, whereas you are one of the largest violators of this. All you do is jump on people and provide nothing to back it up, except for anger, such as this:

" Yes Jack, please just GO!"
    " How about we send Jackson to the D-league? It would be the ultimate punishment for him. Heck he can even be the first option again, something he wants isn't it?"

Can't forget your "fixed" posts as well, where all you do is edit someone's quote and attempt to bait them.

Let me conclude with this gem of yours (which is longer than one line, good job):

" fixed

STOP YOUR MANLOVE FOR JACKSON!!!
    STOP CRITICIZING EVERY OTHER PLAYER!!!
    JUST STOP POSTING!!!"

Plans change, that's how I live my life ... now let's please move on.

Leisure Suit Larry

ajbry told apolloco how it is and he can't handle it

I wasn't really expecting a response, unless it was a one-liner.

You know, I've not said anything, but if you feel baited, please consider the fact that it's better to a) Report it to one of us and b) ignore it so it gains not recognition.

I don't believe he's doing it to bait you, but you do and that's what matters so put it this way: If that's the case, he wants a response and you're giving it to him, which not only gives him what he wants but makes the board worse (petty crap like this doesn't help), so please don't acknowledge it on here and if it really bothers you tell one of the admins and we will address it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You know, I've not said anything, but if you feel baited, please consider the fact that it's better to a) Report it to one of us and b) ignore it so it gains not recognition.

I don't believe he's doing it to bait you, but you do and that's what matters so put it this way: If that's the case, he wants a response and you're giving it to him, which not only gives him what he wants but makes the board worse (petty crap like this doesn't help), so please don't acknowledge it on here and if it really bothers you tell one of the admins and we will address it. Thanks.
    He isnt doing it to bait him? Thats the guys whole point of posting he made a name Saruniac just to **** me off. If I made a name called Dat Peck or UncleJermaniac and attacked those two guys I would have been banned in light speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Usually, I attempt to ignore it (random Jack insults I can usually pass easily by now), however, when it is on a personal basis, I feel the need to post a rebuttal. But thanks for the advice, I'll try to follow it the best I can.