Thread: This is Hard for me to admit!

Default This is Hard for me to admit!

I cheered for the Pats yesterday and I will cheer for them again next weekend.

Why because if the Colts are lucky enough to beat Baltimore(if the D plays like they did again an almost given) I would much rather play the Pats at Home than the Chargers on the road.

Yeah yeah, Pats curse and all that crap. But hey we have beat them the last two times we played and both of them were on the road. And just remember which team beat us at home last year to end our undefeated streak.

Plus I will say it, LT scares the crap out of me, I don't care how well our D looked.

Plus Brady showed earlier in the season he isn't patient enough to just hand hte ball off even if the Run is working.

So am I alone in this?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: This is Hard for me to admit!

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

So am I alone in this?
    Yes....

Well at least I'm not with ya.

I don't think we'd beat either team, I don't give a great chance of beating Baltimore.

However if we play that Pats we will no longer be the underdog. It is a great change to be the team that isn't expected to win. I honestly believe that will help this team more than anything. Not to have this pressure of being some Gridiron Deity.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

I'm right with ya cheering for the Pats.

My reasons are a bit more mercenary though. While I'm not a Colts fan I do follow them and wish them well - for the most part they seem like a good bunch of guys (in contrast to Another Indy Major Professional Sports Team That Shall Remain Nameless). But I have friends who stand to make pretty good money from another home game.

And actually, as the NBA season winds down I'll wish AIMPSTTSRN well for the same reason.

Plus the excitement from a big home game is always nice.

Of course you have to get past Baltimore first - and I still haven't decided what team was on the field Saturday - that WASN'T the team I saw during the regular season. This new team has a legit shot. That other team didn't.

If Indy's D can somehow not play like they did the entire regular season and carry the team to the Super Bowl I'll consider that as large of an upset as I've ever seen in pro sports - that sort of magical transformation just doesn't happen.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Indy's D looked like they were energized beyond belief.

Maybe just maybe they are pissed enough about all the press to carry them all the way to the superbowl and to the championship

Well, we'll have to see whether they can duplicate this on the road. They played great against Cincy, too. But on the road they stunk. They need to continue to play with passion if they want a shot to win.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Heck yeah! If we play the Pats, I get to go!!! You bet I was rooting for them
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I know it sounds like a cliche but I don't really care who we play. I only care about who we beat.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

SoupisGood halfway there, come on Brady(Dear Colts I am sorry, trust me I cheer for him for your own good)

Yup!! COME ON TOM BRADY! GO PATS!

Aw... man I feel dirty. But, I just want to watch my Colts play!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Tomorrow's game is so hard to predict. I could see either team blowing each other out or a very close game down to the wire. As much as I respect the Patriots in the playoffs , you have to root for the home AFC Championship game no doubt! and how sweet that would be to go through the Pats ..

Like Manning said though be careful what you wish for though, no time to get too confident even if we are at home next week.

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The best situation would be to beat the Pats. The worst situation would be to lose to the Pats. So I dunno.

Welcome to the dark side my friends.

I thought all along it would be NE vs Baltimore so I have to adjust my horizons.

NE can slow LT down and rattle Rivers - and they're the best-coached team in the league. We'll see what happens.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire