Thread: This year reminds me of . . .

Default This year reminds me of . . .

When I was a lot younger, I was a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. The playoff losses were so disappointing (five years in a row, I think) up until they beat Miami in the Super Bowl.

The reason I bring this up is because the year they finally won the Super Bowl, there was an attitude by that team. Business-like, never too high or too low and totally, totally focused. As the media calls it today - a team on a mission. Even the fans were like that. Game-by-game, just kick *** and get the job done.

Sound familiar? I have watched the Pacers closely this year in their interviews. Watched to see if there seems to any BS when they start talking like that. There isn't. It's the same. The words, the attitude, the expressions the way they play the game all compare to the same resolve that Cowboys team had.

Nobody should ever discount a team on a mission
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: This year reminds me of . . .

A Team On A Mission would have been a much better slogan than Home Game Doesn't Mean Stay Home, don't you think?

A Team On A Mission would have been a much better slogan than Home Game Doesn't Mean Stay Home, don't you think?
    Dumb slogan. Even Walsh doesn't like it, and he approved it.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Remember at the beginning of the season, The Star had a story about how Pacers Sports and Entertainment hired 3 advertisment consulting firms? If I remember correctly, they did this to strengthen the fan base and to grow it a bit in the ethnic community. So, that all came down to...

Home Game doesn't mean Stay Home...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Nobody should ever discount a team on a mission
    Your post was a good read this morning. I especially like the above.

But after 3 years of playoff futility and heading into this season that slogan (A Team On A Mission) might've seemed a little overblown... Of course in hindsight it seems excellent

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden