Thread: The Wayback Machine... A Question by UncleBuck

Default The Wayback Machine... A Question by UncleBuck

Here's one for you guys. Months ago, UB had a post asking why Indiana wasn't in love with Ron Artest. He compared it to Ben Wallace and the cult hero that he is to Detroit.

Has that changed? I'm out here in Vegas, so I don't hear the buzz. But I saw an awful lot of Ron Artest jerseys in the stands tonight... more than JO.

What's Indy's take on Artest? Is he establishing his cred with his superb playoff performances?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: The Wayback Machine... A Question by UncleBuck

Artest is a favorite here. He really turned things around this year and impressed people by coming back from his thumb surgery within a few days. It's also obvious the only thing that means anything to him is winning.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Well, he was my favorite player on the team even last year. You wouldn't believe some of the off season arguments between pacers fans about trading Ron last summer, which the majority of them wanted to do for Terrel Brandon's expiring contract

Well, he was my favorite player on the team even last year. You wouldn't believe some of the off season arguments between pacers fans about trading Ron last summer, which the majority of them wanted to do for Terrel Brandon's expiring contract
    I never got the Ron trade talk either but I think most of the Brandon talk centered about dumping Croshere's contract. Just think, in a couple of years we'll all be saying "Noooo don't trade Croshere, he comes off the books soon". At least I will.

He really turned things around this year and impressed people by coming back from his thumb surgery within a few days.
    I think that was when alot of people woke up and really started to appreciate the guy. Especially the media.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see about equal numbers of JO, Artest, and Reggie jerseys at the games normally.

Sports Logo

My wife was in Sears recently here in Fort Wayne and she was getting a Artest jersey for my son. She said that Ron was the only one they were even carrying. Either that or the other ones are sold out

But anyway I mainly see Ron Jermaine and Reggie up here when I see a Pacer Jersey at all. So I think he had won the fans over.

I got the yellow one

sweabs

I have the whole starting line up - call me obsessed...