This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah lottery here we come!
    And one year after Oden comes out, too.

Default Re: Star} O'Neal's Fustration Boils Over

Dear KG

Somehow I missed your quote.

Dear Reggie

Please call JO on his cell.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Hes been saying stuff like this for 2 years, he isn't going to leave, no where else are there millions of fans who believe he is an mvp candidate.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Hes been saying stuff like this for 2 years, he isn't going to leave, no where else are there millions of fans who believe he is an mvp candidate.

And nowhere else will he find a single hater who hates him as much as you.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Yeah and to the delusional fans who think we are lottery bound, I direct you to my sig, get over it. JO isn't that important to the team, if history is any indicator we would rise in the standings if we traded him for a ball boy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah and to the delusional fans who think we are lottery bound, I direct you to my sig, get over it. JO isn't that important to the team, if history is any indicator we would rise in the standings if we traded him for a ball boy.
    Your sig is not updated for this year. -1

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Don't throw incorrect numbers out here, there's enough nonsense floating around without having to add to it with wrong data.

Tins is 16th in Ast/game of all guards.
    Tins is 10th in Ast/48 min

When cleaned (i.e. take out everone with less then 150 Ast) then he is 19th
    he's 31st in Turnovers/game
    he's 12th in total Ast dished out

?

ABLE, FYI, if you go to NBA.COM and go to the stats page and pull up the league leaders in ASSIST you will see a column in the farthest right corner that is called AST/TO. That acutally gives a the ratio of Assist to turnover. This is the stat I believe we were talking about, you have to click the heading AST/TO to re sort by this stat, if you do, you'll see it shows JT as (now) 29th among all players who qualified at a ratio of 2.35. This may be incorrect NBA.COM, but I'm not sure I that's the case. No big deal, but I rarely throw numbers out without a source, or if I do, I'll say that I'm just guessing without any back up.

What does this STAT say, well it somewhat depends on how you look at it. It means he's the lower end of starting PGs, but it means he's not in bad company with some other key players. I thought his ratio would be higher, especially since the Pacers have reverted to a non fast break team again, but I don't think it's unacceptable relative to where he feel, another word against the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    ABLE, FYI, if you go to NBA.COM and go to the stats page and pull up the league leaders in ASSIST you will see a column in the farthest right corner that is called AST/TO. That acutally gives a the ratio of Assist to turnover. This is the stat I believe we were talking about, you have to click the heading AST/TO to re sort by this stat, if you do, you'll see it shows JT as (now) 29th among all players who qualified at a ratio of 2.35. This may be incorrect NBA.COM, but I'm not sure I that's the case. No big deal, but I rarely throw numbers out without a source, or if I do, I'll say that I'm just guessing without any back up.

What does this STAT say, well it somewhat depends on how you look at it. It means he's the lower end of starting PGs, but it means he's not in bad company with some other key players. I thought his ratio would be higher, especially since the Pacers have reverted to a non fast break team again, but I don't think it's unacceptable relative to where he feel, another word against the curve.
    His stats have actually gone up .02 It's where i took them from, but you can not select "only" pg's so all G's are in tehre, including the ones with 60 or 90 Ast who are not specifically PG's Hence DA is I believe 10th in that stat list.

(I have not bothered to revisit it today, sorry)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Some actual starting point guards who fall below Tinsley in the Assists to turnover category....Tony Parker, Mike Bibby, Delonte West, Mike James, Rafer Alston, Speedy Claxton, Tyronn Lue, Jameer Nelson. Of all guards that qualify, Tinsley is 29th today. That list includes some 2 guards and some reserves but most suprisingly the notoriuosly out of control Jason Williams is 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    Some actual starting point guards who fall below Tinsley in the Assists to turnover category....Tony Parker, Mike Bibby, Delonte West, Mike James, Rafer Alston, Speedy Claxton, Tyronn Lue, Jameer Nelson. Of all guards that qualify, Tinsley is 29th today. That list includes some 2 guards and some reserves but most suprisingly the notoriuosly out of control Jason Williams is 4th.

I like this stat, because it directly compares a players impact on the game. I'm shocked to see JWill that high, but you expect to see Chauncey Billups 2nd, Jason Kidd 6th, Andre Miller 8th; to me are all guys you think about controlling a game.

A guy who had been rumored over the summer to be able to be had in a trade is Chris Duhon who ranks 3rd, playing 26 mins a game, this is something I think to look at if TPTB decide to make a major move.

These underlying stats can show a more complete pictue sometimes than perception or a players rep, imho.

Not sure what the rules on pasting an article are, but there is an article on JO that I thought was rightly critical of his quasi trade request.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-home-utility

I think that, unless he was trying to light a fire under the team, his comments are very disappointing. The Pacers should do what's best for the team, no matter how JO feels. He should play regardless of whether he is frustrated or not because he is paid, very well I might add, to by the Pacers. I didn't see him offering to repay the Pacers when they struggled without him when he was injured, suspended or just not playing well. Now that he has hit a patch of form, which I am happy for, why should they accomodate his desire to compete for a championship with another team?

If you don't know the rules, then you failed to read them when you joined

They're on top in the bar.

Sam on Monday is like Kravitz after a heavy night out, not really worth bothering.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    His stats have actually gone up .02 It's where i took them from, but you can not select "only" pg's so all G's are in tehre, including the ones with 60 or 90 Ast who are not specifically PG's Hence DA is I believe 10th in that stat list.

(I have not bothered to revisit it today, sorry)
    Here is a link that allows you to select PG's only. I posted it once before. It shows Tins 25th among PG's in the a/to ratio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...ntype=2&pos=pg

Sorry, but I agree totally with the article. And I like JO.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Indy View Post
    Not sure what the rules on pasting an article are, but there is an article on JO that I thought was rightly critical of his quasi trade request.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-home-utility

I think that, unless he was trying to light a fire under the team, his comments are very disappointing. The Pacers should do what's best for the team, no matter how JO feels. He should play regardless of whether he is frustrated or not because he is paid, very well I might add, to by the Pacers. I didn't see him offering to repay the Pacers when they struggled without him when he was injured, suspended or just not playing well. Now that he has hit a patch of form, which I am happy for, why should they accomodate his desire to compete for a championship with another team?
    I am sorry you lost me when you said struggled without him, we excelled without him. We should give the man a bonus every time he gets hurt.

I am sorry you lost me when you said struggled without him, we excelled without him. We should give the man a bonus every time he gets hurt.

What's our record without him this year again? 1 win, 5 losses?

Nice try but its 2-3, and I find it funny that JO fans are so desperate to say he is good they ingore the 120+ game sample space and jump on a 5 game sample space.

Of course to be fair we were missing Harrington in one of those losses.

Of course my response was directed at somebody talking of previous years, so next time you are going to be smart and try and insult me, try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    That list includes some 2 guards and some reserves but most suprisingly the notoriuosly out of control Jason Williams is 4th.
    I believe you're still thinking of the Jason Williams of the Sacramento era. Ever since Hubie got his hands on him in Memphis he's been a solid play-maker and ball-handler.

I'd also like to point out that many of the players ahead of Tinsley on assist-to-turnover also get less total assists. In other words, he's not as efficient with his play-making, but he's trying to get something done, and succeeding at a moderate level. That being said, I don't like Tinsley as our PG.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Yeah lottery here we come!
    Lottery or 1st round out in the playoffs, your choice!

I would personally rather be bad and rebuilding then mediocre for a few more years while contracts expire...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Nice try but its 2-3, and I find it funny that JO fans are so desperate to say he is good they ingore the 120+ game sample space and jump on a 5 game sample space.

Of course my response was directed at somebody talking of previous years, so next time you are going to be smart and try and insult me, try harder.

Not an insult at all. But if we're talking fairness, and you want to include Harrington in this year's losses, then you might want to include Artest, Tinsley, etc. in the other losses when O'Neal was playing, and so on/so forth.

You can say what you want with those numbers, but anyone watching those games would know that Jermaine's absence was missed much more than it helped. That shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I'm not sure you should be bringing up sample space. Why are you so selective in yours? Use his full sample. Unless, of course, those numbers don't support your point. Even going back one more season nullifies your assertations.

I brought those numbers up in this post (Dec 10th when we were 11-11) and never received a response. Numbers have continued to improve since then. Your thoughts?