Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official I Feel Bad For JO Thread

Default The Official I Feel Bad For JO Thread

This is sad. This man is having the best year of his career, he is doing everything he possibly can to be a better teammate, to win games. But the players around him could care less. Every game in the 4th qtr, you can tell some players give up and you look at Jermaine and he looks like he is about to cry.

Tonight, on one possesion he blocked 2 shots, changed one, and tipped the ball out so his teammates get a rebound, NOT ONE PLAYER even jumped up for it.

But hey as long as we can go to Club Rio after the game and pick up some cheap hoes, its all good with the Indiana Pacers.

I'm at the point where I hope Jermaine gets traded.

Mark Boyle said tonight "Its getting to a point where you feel sorry for JO". Yes Mark I'm already at that point.

Default Re: The Official I Feel Bad For JO Thread

Count me in. He is the East version of KG. Immense talent, worthless teammates.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am there. The man is pouring his heart and soul into this team and yet when all is said and done at the end of the season JO will get more blame than anyone cause he is the franchise player. Well guess what he is playing like one hell of a franchise player and the rest of our team has their collective head firmly shoved up their collective ***.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Agreed. We are just wasting an incredible season by our superstar. He's worked himself into great shape, and yet we don't give a damn. It's pathetic. JO deserves a lot better.

Exactly Indy, he will be blamed for everything. People will say he isnt a good leader, how in the world are you supposed to lead someone who doesnt give 2 ****s about losing or winning. You tell Stephen Jackson something, he wants to fight. Jamaal Tinsley just doesnt care, I dont think Bill Parcells could get his blood flowing.

I bet JO wishes he still had Ron with him, even though they fought each other, at least JO knew he had someone going to battle with him when they stepped on that court.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Co-sign.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet JO wishes he still had Ron with him, even though they fought each other, at least JO knew he had someone going to battle with him when they stepped on that court.
    Not anymore. Ron isn't near the player he was here. He's past his prime already.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Aggreed!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

yeah it's sad...reminds me of tracy mcgrady in orlando. Great talent with crappy teammates.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

It sucks because right now at this point in their career JO and KG should be playing for a big time contender and talking about championship runs. Instead they are playing their hearts out to get a shot just to make the playoffs.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Not anymore. Ron isn't near the player he was here. He's past his prime already.
    Idk, I think he's a pretty impressive basketball.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

This is sad. This man is having the best year of his career, he is doing everything he possibly can to be a better teammate, to win games. But the players around him could care less. Every game in the 4th qtr, you can tell some players give up and you look at Jermaine and he looks like he is about to cry.

Tonight, on one possesion he blocked 2 shots, changed one, and tipped the ball out so his teammates get a rebound, NOT ONE PLAYER even jumped up for it.

But hey as long as we can go to Club Rio after the game and pick up some cheap hoes, its all good with the Indiana Pacers.

I'm at the point where I hope Jermaine gets traded.

Mark Boyle said tonight "Its getting to a point where you feel sorry for JO". Yes Mark I'm already at that point.
    I was about to say I agreed 100% with you until I saw this part. This translates to "I like Jermaine O'Neal more than I like the Indiana Pacers", which needless to say is as much of a turnoff as an avatar that reads, "Jack > You".

Still, I do feel sorry for JO. He's playing the way I'd like to see him play, he's putting up some big numbers, playing great D, and his teammates (other than Jeff Foster) are just not giving him much of anything right now at all.

I hope he can keep this going longer than this stretch of mediocrity lasts so that he can be rewarded for playing the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was about to say I agreed 100% with you until I saw this part. This translates to "I like Jermaine O'Neal more than I like the Indiana Pacers", which needless to say is as much of a turnoff as an avatar that reads, "Jack > You".

Still, I do feel sorry for JO. He's playing the way I'd like to see him play, he's putting up some big numbers, playing great D, and his teammates (other than Jeff Foster) are just not giving him much of anything right now at all.

I hope he can keep this going longer than this stretch of mediocrity lasts so that he can be rewarded for playing the right way.
    It has nothing to do with liking Jermaine more then the Indiana Pacers. He is being wasted here and we are wasting time with him here. His contract is huge which wont let us bring in more talent, we will make the playoffs every year and will pick around 15 to 20 which will not allow us to get top talent. We need to get a young guy and some picks for JO and start over.

Trading Jermaine would allow us to start all over because pretending we are going to do something every year is getting pathetic.

Ohh and I really could care less if you think that I like Jermaine more then the Pacers, I dont got to prove nothing to anybody. This is a game, we aint in Iraq and I'm some sort of spy. I'm way beyond trying to prove to people that I'm a Pacers fan first, when Jermaine is gone you will see, maybe yall could make some sort of movie after that about my life.

And what did Marquis do to be "On Notice"? Is it him being benched for no reason everytime he plays.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Exactly Indy, he will be blamed for everything.
    Hardly. You think Boyle is the only fan who sees JO as almost a one-man force at this point?

Harrington wasn't at Rio that night. And he was the worst offender when it came to getting beat to rebounds that JO created with his defensive effort.

Jack wasn't even on the court most of the 2nd half. Tinsley is a PG and I don't expect him to pull down boards at the rim, though his rebounding is one aspect of his game that has been a lot better this year.

I assume you were talking about the play (single block technically) from 2:12 to 2:02 left in the 4th when it was still 3 points. Well on that play the THREE Pacers standing at the charge line looking at JO go off were - Tinsley, Quis, and Granger. Pretty sure Granger wasn't at the Rio either.

Harrington actually started breaking out (you "uptempo" fans must love this bonus it creates) and doesn't come back into the play till another shot attempt and several more tips.

Quis does get himself involved after the first putback attempt by Howard when he comes to the baseline and tries to swat the ball away.

Granger at least tried to go up but Dampier outjumped him.

Tins eventually found his way to the floor trying to get the loose ball.

But none of them really blocked out.

The main problem was that the 2nd biggest Pacer on the court was nowhere to be found till it was almost all over. JO was out of the rebounds because he was defending. Danny was overmatched going against Damp and Howard.

No Foster, no Baston.

And no Jackson, which looked bad when the play after this featured Dirk passing right over the smaller Danny to a cutting Howard who had left Quis in the dust.

Exactly Indy, he will be blamed for everything. People will say he isnt a good leader, how in the world are you supposed to lead someone who doesnt give 2 ****s about losing or winning.

I don't think Jermaine is going to get blamed. He has to show a reason, and at this point, he couldn't be playing much better.

Anyways, I feel very sorry for him right now. He's changed his attitude on the court, and is now showing leadership signs, but his teammates are playing the team right out of the game. He can do nothing but bust his a55 while this happens.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I was thinking even before this game that I sincerely think JO is doing more for the Pacers right now than Reggie did even in his prime.

I realize that Reggie was a big CLUTCH scorer, but he played typically poor defense. At his best he was average on that end. JO continues to be a main go-to scorer, but add the rebounding and HUGE defensive effort.

Not only that, but his defense IS CLUTCH even if his scoring isn't. He chases down breaks and stops them, he get huge stops all by himself with 2 minutes to go and the game on the line (see tonight), something Reggie could never do, he makes monster EFFORT stops where his energy exceeds everyone else on the court. He's back to being a true superstar player.

The injuries made us forget just why he is an All-Star and right on Reggie's heels for best NBA Pacer. Reggie was a bigger star due to his playoff heroics and for that he will always remain the greater Pacer (unless JO pulls off his own set of miracles still), but on a game to game, carrying the team basis, JO is easily on par with Reggie in my mind, at least this season (and probably the year before he almost won MVP).

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I do feel bad for him, and I hope we can somehow just step up and actually help him out, just like Hicks said, for playing the right way.

I still believe we have a handful of players that give a damn as much as JO, I'd say DA, Sarunas, Jeff, Danny and Al.

Please, let our team start playing better as a team, I am sick of seeing JO put up monster stat lines and them turning out meaningless.

Please, help our Pacers.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I really feel bad for JO the more I think about it. I am of the thinking that JO will never ask out. I think he is going to be a Pacer as long as TPTB want him to be and seeing as I believe Donnie knows trading JO would mean full on rebuilding and apparently doesnt think the city can survive the more I see JO wasting away the best years of his career with teammates that at times might as well just spit on him if they aren't going to back up his effort. He looks downright dejected when we lose. Something you cannot say about other guys who just laugh and laugh like there isn't a damn thing wrong on the bench.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'd like to see him get traded, but ideally to a good situation for both O'Neal and the Pacers, where the Pacers get a young talent and a first rounder, and O'Neal gets a playoff team. And I don't know how exactly that would work out. He's playing his heart out and the rest of the team is...essentially a bunch of scrubs, other than Granger and Foster and sometimes Harrington. Mediocre at best describes the entire rest of the roster IMO.

Sad that management is letting the team rot away their window of opportunity. At this point it's best for the franchise and for O'Neal to hit that reset button.

IMO, he's the DPOY right now. I've never seen JO be this active patrolling the paint. And it's not just the stats, because while 89 blocks in 28 games is pretty damn impressive, defensive numbers don't really do much for me.

But this dude is just everywhere and altering the thoughts of every penetrator that steps into the lane, while at the same time bodying up every big man around the rim, and also rotating and playing good helpside D.

There's no one else on our roster playing half as good right now as Jermaine.

And yes, that's sad.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Count me in, I feel terrible for Jermaine. I'm hoping that he doesn't ask out at the end of the year. Remember he said that if he doesn't show he can lead this team then it may be best for the franchise to move on. I hope he doesn't get to the end and say "Well I played the best I possibly could and we were mediocre. So I'm not the right one to lead. Trade me." Worst fear...

I wish we had enough talent to make a run at a Paul Pierce or Ray Allen if those franchises decide to go with a youth movement. Unfortunately we probably don't. And therein lies the problem.

JO is an all-star on a mediocre team.

However, most of the personnel that we have don't fit into JO's style of play. Presently, he reminds me somewhat of KG and the teammates that he's stuck with. If DW/LB knew that JO is our best player, why did they assemble all these athletes to play an up tempo game? One in which JO doesn't excel. I can only hope that they obtained Al for future trade considerations.

I think that if JO has to sit for any reason, we would see an entirely different brand of ball. Daniels, Williams, Baston, Armstrong, Granger and even Runi would make a nice fast-break team. Except for Runi, all that speed basically going to waste. Throw in Foster, Jax and Al and you have pretty decent speed all the way around. I even think that Tins would make fewer to's and shoot less on this type of team. He would play with more instinct as a true PG should.

We either have to mold the team around JO, which means extensive trading or trade JO for a decent PG and/or SG.

I never wanted Al back in the first place and said so many times on the Star forum. He duplicates JO's attributes and is a square trying to fit in a round hole, when they both play. Besides, Al was known as a stat man in his first stint here and nothing has changed. Leading a dysfunctional team as the Hawks is a far cry from trying to lead a team that wants to challenge for the title. If JO is traded, Al would be a good one to retain.

Just a heads up, but NBA Nation just had a teaser saying, Could Jermaine O'Neals days in the heartland be numbered.

Marc talked to Jermaine last night and said Jermaine is really pissed about how we are playing. And how our season has been up and down. And that Jermaine wants to be moved at the end of the season if he cant lead this team to a higher level.

Same old same old.