Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JO changing addresses...?

Default JO changing addresses...?

WTF? Is anyone watching NBA Kia Shootaround. They went to commercial saying "Can JO's days be over in Indiana?"

I sure *******ing hope not, it's suppose to be coming up!

Default Re: JO changing addresses...

Ahh Marc Stein just said that JO is taking the blame, and reiterated that JO had a meeting with Walsh and Bird claiming if he couldn't get the team to the Championship this year, that maybe he should move on.

Stein said the team doesn't blame O'neal, but the floor leader (Tinsley) and other guys for bad decision making and that they need to improve!

Guess we all knew that!!

this entire team needs to be blown up...and that includes jo and carlisle. i have been in favor of trading jo for a while now because it is quite evident he is NOT a franchise player and more of a #2 option. but i'll admit, he really has come to play this season. it's unfortunate he didn't show this kind of passion 2 years ago as we could have had a VERY good team on our hands. but again, this team needs to be rebuilt from top to bottom.

As I said in another thread. I hate to see JO go but Kidd would be the last piece of puzzle to an up tempo team. Their salaries are almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this entire team needs to be blown up...and that includes jo and carlisle. i have been in favor of trading jo for a while now because it is quite evident he is NOT a franchise player and more of a #2 option. but i'll admit, he really has come to play this season. it's unfortunate he didn't show this kind of passion 2 years ago as we could have had a VERY good team on our hands. but again, this team needs to be rebuilt from top to bottom.
    If JO goes, the entire team doesn't need blowing up. Kidd would fit right into the scheme of things. If RC can't have an up tempo team with Kidd, then it's time to get rid of him. We have all the ingredients and JO has been bogging us down because that's not his stlye of game.

It's too bad in a way, as JO has been playing an extreme high caliber of ball. Definite all-star play, but it doesn't take advantage of all the speed that we have on the roster.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    You mean two years ago as in three years ago now where we won 61 games and JO finished 3rd in the MVP voting and then played on basically a broken leg in the ECFs? Or actually 2 years ago as when we got decimated by the brawl, JO averaged 25 and 9 afterwards until he tore a muscle in his shoulder and played injured in the playoffs again? Cause really I am not sure where JO could have played any better or shown any more passion.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    If JO goes, the entire team doesn't need blowing up. Kidd would fit right into the scheme of things. If RC can't have an up tempo team with Kidd, then it's time to get rid of him. We have all the ingredients and JO has been bogging us down because that's not his stlye of game.

It's too bad in a way, as JO has been playing an extreme high caliber of ball. Definite all-star play, but it doesn't take advantage of all the speed that we have on the roster.
    What speed? Everyone's been talking about the great speed on this team, there isn't great speed on this team. We got maybe 4 guys at the most that are above average athletically for the position, JO, Danny, Shawne, and Quis. Otherwise we are a slow very average athletic team. We got very little speed at the point and Jack might be the slowest plodding 2 in the NBA. And Al hasn't been an above average athlete since his knee injury. Getting a Kidd or a Carter ONLY makes sense to pair them with JO otherwise you are just pissing in the wind.

I would give up anyone but JO for Kidd! as long as we could try to hold onto Granger, if not oh well!

Kidd/JO plus an outside shooter= Championship calibur

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Kidd would fit right into the scheme of things. If RC can't have an up tempo team with Kidd, then it's time to get rid of him. We have all the ingredients and JO has been bogging us down because that's not his stlye of game.

[That isn't necessary. -- Shade]
    I have never EVER trashed another poster on this board for their opinion but that is absolute garbage. I imagine that would take the Nets a whole .003 seconds to decide. Or they might tell us they'll think about it, and then proceed to pour champagne on one another after they hang up.

TINSLEY is the problem period. end of story. He averages 12.8 PPG and 6.2 APG, I would much rather him score 6.2 PPG and average 12.8APG that might be slightly over his ability but I don't think it's out of the question for him to average 10 APG and not miss a step except for the occasional game where the team just has an off night which plagues all teams.The thing is, is I understand JO's frustration i'm sure he believes Tinsley is capable of doing that but for some reason he acts like he has got to be out there scoring left and right.

That game in Dallas was just sickening to watch I've seen many point guards will their team to victory, but that was the first game i've ever seen a point guard will a team to defeat.

As I said in another thread. I hate to see JO go but Kidd would be the last piece of puzzle to an up tempo team. Their salaries are almost identical.
    lmao @ Giving up Jermaine O'Neal in his prime for a PG who is going to be out of the NBA in 2 years.

JO >>>..I could break my keyboard typing it...>>> Kidd

We could get Kidd without giving up JO IMO. Send Tinsley and Harrington and that might do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we trade JO for Kidd, we deserve to go to the lottery. That's insane.

This thread title is just a tad bit "misleading".....

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    What speed? Everyone's been talking about the great speed on this team, there isn't great speed on this team. We got maybe 4 guys at the most that are above average athletically for the position, JO, Danny, Shawne, and Quis. Otherwise we are a slow very average athletic team. We got very little speed at the point and Jack might be the slowest plodding 2 in the NBA. And Al hasn't been an above average athlete since his knee injury. Getting a Kidd or a Carter ONLY makes sense to pair them with JO otherwise you are just pissing in the wind.
    JO has already proven he can't play an up tempo game...what in the hell's he going to do with Kidd?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Yeah as of now, when I first posted, I was watching NBA Kia Shootaround, and that's what they said was coming up for going to commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    lmao @ Giving up Jermaine O'Neal in his prime for a PG who is going to be out of the NBA in 2 years.
    So what do we do? Tread water at .500 for the next 2-3 years. That's all it's going to be with JO and this bunch. JO hinders the play of his teammates and vice versa/ He's not cut out for a fast break team. After all, isn't that what we're suppose to be this year?

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Yeah as of now, when I first posted, I was watching NBA Kia Shootaround, and that's what they said was coming up for going to commercial.
    Yeah, but just loggin in it looks like a trade has been worked up, or worse(depending on your perspective) has already happened. Its all good, just scared my heart for a second.

Yeah, but just loggin in it looks like a trade has been worked up, or worse(depending on your perspective) has already happened. Its all good, just scared my heart for a second.
    I added a "?" to try to help prevent that.

So what do we do? Tread water at .500 for the next 2-3 years. That's all it's going to be with JO and this bunch. JO hinders the play of his teammates and vice versa/ He's not cut out for a fast break team. After all, isn't that what we're suppose to be this year?
    I think some of your recent posts have been on the mark, but I have to respectfully disagree. There is no comparison between JO and Kidd's market value, at least not anymore. Kidd was a great player, maybe better than JO ever was, but he will be 34 in a couple months and his productivity is already dropping. He is clearly not a top PG in the league anymore. JO is top 15-20. Kidd might be top 30-40. JO may get a little better (I think he may be having one of his best years). Kidd's best years ended 4 or 5 years ago.

Jermaine O'neal doesnt hinder ****.

You dont trade a piece like Jermaine O'neal for someone who is what 33 years old right now? On the downside of his career. You trade him for young guys,picks and expiring contracts so you can build for the future.

WTF Do you think we are going to be with Jason Kidd on this team? The Suns?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Jermaine O'neal doesnt hinder ****.
    Yes, JO runs the floor just fine. Shoots the ball very well for a C from midrange. Just because his post up game is great, doesn't make him a poor fit for a running team. The problem has more to do with the other starters (i.e. Harrington, Jack and Tinsley)

Default Re: JO changing addresses...?

I have heard a lot of complaints of JO (and a lot of them rightfullyso) but I have never heard the complaint that he "hinders" his teammates.

That is a new one for me.

I will be the first to argue that JO does not make his teammates better, which I wish he could do (ala a KG or Timmy D) but I have never seen him "hinder" the progress of the players around him.

If anything it is the exact opposite.

I agree. What was done here is take a very misleading ESPN tease make it ten times worse and make it a thread title.

JO said some of this stuff after last season and as training camp started -

JO has already proven he can't play an up tempo game...what in the hell's he going to do with Kidd?
    So let me see assuming JO is an one dimensional player who can't play up tempo and assuming JO and Kidd would not work together thus inferring that Kidd can't play half court. According to you, we should trade our 28 year old all star in his prime PF who can't play up tempo for a what 33 year old over the hill PG who can't play in the half court and has bad knees? GEE SIGN ME UP.

No matter how you cut it, trading JO for Kidd makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr
    I'll play along to the idea that JO doesn't fit into this not working in an uptempo offense idea, but beyond that do you honestly think adding JKidd would suddenly make us the Suns east? You think Steve Nash would be Steve Nash if he didn't have players surrounding him that work in a fast break offense? Kidd is not going to arrive here say the magic words and bam we are a fast break team.
    We were mislead possibly blinded to think we have the pieces in the starting line up to be a fast break team. We have Al who when he got here wanted to be "Boris Diaw" (His words not mine) However this man couldn't be farther from Boris Diaw he is shoot first, second, and third and pass fourth. We just don't have the pieces. Like I said trading JO for Kidd makes zero sense, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Yes, JO runs the floor just fine. Shoots the ball very well for a C from midrange. Just because his post up game is great, doesn't make him a poor fit for a running team. The problem has more to do with the other starters (i.e. Harrington, Jack and Tinsley)
    Preach on!! I like the fact that we were getting Harrington, b/c it wouldn't feel like we loss Peja for nothing, but I was kinda hoping we would hold off a little until the season. We had Granger to play SF with Quis and Williams to back him up. We could have at least looked at what we had before using that 7.5mil exception and a 1st round pick what is suppose to be a deep draft! I don't mind Al if he plays under control and doesn't force it. He's shooting the 3 well, but I would still prefer a Peja type to spread the offense consistently and not cram things down low, or a guard who can drive and dish or score consistently.

I'm sure with the 7.5 exception and a 1st round pick, we could have gotten rid of either Tins or Jax if we would have waited. Oh well I like Al, but things need to come around instead of this inconsistent .500 basketball. No way we should be on the road competing against the Mavs and Detriot. And then losing at home to Charlotte... it's sad.