Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well Thats enough for me, I'm off the bandwagon

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Well Thats enough for me, I'm off the bandwagon

And I don't want Delonte West. I have never really understood some people's love over this guy. Guess he plays decent D, but further?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Baron Davis should be available with Monta Ellis taking his spot. I suspect Golden State will want to resign all their rising stars (Biedrins, Ellis, Pietrus, etc.).

We should send Harrington and Tinsley to GS for Baron Davis. They need a PF bad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are Tinsley's Numbers compared to Delonte West's. Just for fun.
    Jamaal Tinsley
    PPG 12.9
    RPG 3.6
    APG 6.2
    SPG 1.69
    BPG .44
    FG% .388
    FT% .718
    3P% .330
    MPG 30.5
    Delonte West
    PPG 8.7
    RPG 2.4
    APG 3.2
    SPG .72
    BPG .48
    FG% .386
    FT% .940
    3P% .366
    MPG 24.7
    Who the hell said they wanted Delonte West?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    And I don't want Delonte West. I have never really understood some people's love over this guy. Guess he plays decent D, but further?
    I like him a lot. He's an excellent defender, he plays hurt, he is tough, he plays the right way. I know his shooting percentage is low - but I think he's a pretty good shooter. And he's always on the floor at the end of close games

But we have no chance of getting him. Ainge and Doc love him, so we should stop even acting like it's a possiblity

The reality of the situation is we have 4 point guards on this team, 5 if you fall into the category that believes Daniels can play the point. If Tinsley is just going ape**** out there Carlisle would have benched him by now. He benched him at the beginning of the 2004 season for what many believed to be the same reason ( not following the plan) and he benched him at the end of last season because he'd missed so much time essentially. Rick Carlisle isn't afraid to bench players... just ask Jackson, Runi,Daniels,Tinsley,Kenny Anderson, Harrison,AJ ..... With this in mind, I'm led to believe this IS part of the plan to have Tinsley drive to basket and if the defense collapses dish it to the open man or beat your man off the dribble(which is something he can do). Part of the problem is.... that's not a plan. Tinsley is driving the ball at least 20 times a game and shooting it probably 10 of those times. That's like 20% of the offense and I find it impossible to believe any coach at any level would accept that much deviation from the gameplan.

bmartin7024

Why not at least try daniels at the point, he ran it in Dallas.

Mo Williams would be perfect for Rick, too bad Bucks wont even think about giving him up.

Can this be correct. Tinsley played only 22 minutes and took 18 shots.

bmartin7024 - in the 4th quarter for about a 3 minute stretch Daniels was the only point guard on the floor.

NBA.com has Tinsley with 18 shots, the same as JO. and in about half the minutes.

I'm hoping he's gone before the trade deadline! If he's not I'll write this season off. Well no, I'm writing every season off until he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Can this be correct. Tinsley played only 22 minutes and took 18 shots.

bmartin7024 - in the 4th quarter for about a 3 minute stretch Daniels was the only point guard on the floor.
    31 mins

bmartin7024

I can't see the games, but I'm talking about giving him a little more than three minutes. Play him an extended amount of time there for a game or two and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I'm not a Jamaal Tinsley fan anymore, the way this man has been playing is inexcusable. He will not defend he just dont want to defend its not that he cant, Devin Harris just jogs around him every play. He keeps shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting, I bet he is shooting it on the team bus right now. I loved the Tinsley that would score 6 points and hand out 10 assists like it was NOTHING, 10 assists for Jamaal Tinsley was chump change, I doubt he has gotten 10 assists more then 2 times this year.

I'm done with him. First Jackson, now Tinsley, 2 guys I loved to see play. I'm done with. By the end of the season I bet there will be more players on here.

I really dont know who coaches this team anymore, because the way some of the players on this team play really shocks me. A good coach would not put up with this ****.
    I understand the frustration but I am not off the bandwagon just yet. Why ? 1) Because those 2 long passes in the 1st quarter for Jax and Al were right on the money. Pinpoint accuracy.
    2) Because his ballhandling is superb and allows the play to develop until cuts are made or post up pos. are established.
    I would have loved to see more of DA for his hustle and knowledge of Dallas play. I would have loved to see Quis run the point some.
    But we need JT, the right one.
    We were right there on the road with the #1 team in the league. Can't be mad. Frustrated yes, mad no.

bmartin7024

I don't know what the difference is, but Quis ran the point in Dallas and Armstrong never saw the floor.

Tinsley was shooting because nobody wants to friggin move to get open when he's dribbling into the lane. I saw this happen over and over all night long. I think his teammates are either confused on the offensive end or just aren't very smart. Or both. Of course I'm not talking about J.O.

Also, I'm willing to bet part of Carlisle's game plan was for Tinsley to be aggressive offensively and exploit the size mismatch at the point.

18 times no body moved?

Never mind Jamaal's shooting (at least the shots had a chance of going in), but damn he flamed out on guarding Harris. I suspect he ran out of gas and that combined with Devin's speed made him not equal to the task.

By the way, his cross court passing, especially against a zone, is just horrendous. Really inexcusable. Regarding an upgrade, the problem is, of course, no team is going to hand us a better answer at point without us giving up someone equally good. For some reason finding quickness and defense at point has not seemed to be a priority of the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    31 mins
    NBA.com still says 22:36. With DA playing 23:47, adding Quis for about 3 minutes at PG that adds up.

So, that's a shot every 75 seconds he's in... Jamaal Iverson right there.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070104/INDDAL/boxscore.html

I wonder if Sarunas had a game like this ... there would be so many beying apologetic for Tinsley here screaming for Sarunas head then.

DISCLAIMER: I do not think Sarunas should play as many minutes as a starter nor should he be one and it's good that he didn't play tonight. But, there's some serious double standard here regarding these two.

18 times no body moved?

A combination of that and his teammates camping out at the three-point line. Half the time they acted like they didn't even want the ball. They just sit there and watch the defense collapse on Tinsley instead of moving their *** and getting open. I blame some of this on coaching, and the rest on low basketball IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    NBA.com still says 22:36. With DA playing 23:47, adding Quis for about 3 minutes at PG that adds up.

So, that's a shot every 75 seconds he's in... Jamaal Iverson right there.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070104/INDDAL/boxscore.html

USAToday has JT's minutes at 30:30 - I think that is the correct number.

ESPN has it at 31 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    A combination of that and his teammates camping out at the three-point line. Half the time they acted like they didn't even want the ball. They just sit there and watch the defense collapse on Tinsley instead of moving their *** and getting open. I blame some of this on coaching, and the rest on low basketball IQ.
    Shot chucking is shot chucking no matter how you do it.

I too am done with Tinsley. Hell, who am I kidding, I've been done with him for a while now. I can't stand his shooting, he gets lazy and makes dumb decisions (I'm amazed he didn't get a T or a flagrant for blatantly shoving Harris late in the game), his defense is spotty at the very best, and he just acts like it's not big deal the whole while (unless his man shows him up, then it's Mel Mel to the rescue!).

You can blame Rick Carlisle all you like, but Jamaal Tinsley is not the answer at point guard.

Unclebuck said it best, our guards are just horrible. Growing up with Mark Jackson and Reggie Miller, this is driving me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You can blame Rick Carlisle all you like, but Jamaal Tinsley is not the answer at point guard.
    Its Rick Carlisle's job to change that, he is supposed to do something about it. He is supposed to tell him to stop shooting the damn ball or he wont play.

Shot chucking is shot chucking no matter how you do it.
    Again, I'm convinced that Rick wanted him to be aggressive on the offensive end and shoot more to exploit the mismatch at his position. I'm admitting he sucked *** at accomplishing that, but I don't think it was the best game plan either. I don't give Tinsley all the blame for this one. He's been good for the majority of the season. I'm not ready to hop off his bandwagon. At least he had the damn balls to want to have the ball to shoot. Shoulda let Granger go and got Iverson...

If Tinsley could get injured he could sit on the bench and let his legend grow. But this season he gets to put it on display game after game. And as I've said, he's just not as good as the hype. Not when you consider the whole package.

I've already decided there are two Jamaals. Good Jamaal and Bad Jamaal. Good Jamaal is a good player for the Pacers but you never know when Bad Jamaal will decide to show up. You just can't have that kind of inconsistency. Especially at a position like PG. You need some consistency and leadership there and need to know what to expect.

At some point Jamaal chucked a shot up and Clark mentioned it wasn't a bad shot for Jamaal. When you are historically questionable as a shooter in the first place and already at about 20% for the game, it's a bad shot. This isn't a shooter trying to shoot himself out of a slump and needing to take the open look. This is a PG whose shot is questionable at best. Distribute the ball.

And I also took note of that quick shot early in the game and thought "WTF was that?" ...and then I saw AJ was on the court and I knew WTF that was. Of course AJ came down and tried his own little quick shot but he didn't let it go much further than that.

I'm glad some of you are coming around. It's not fun hating Tinsley all by myself

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden