Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start Runi/Marquis

Default Start Runi/Marquis

I have been somewhat of a jackson apologist and after tonight I am so done with him. Near the end of the game when we were down three he was just looking away not even watching the game, he doesn't even care. I used to always say I thought he was a competitor and wanted to win, but I don't think he likes to win unless he is the number one or two option.

Tinsley is good but he is too inconsistent, inconsistent players belong on the bench. Sarunas and Marquis are both players who I think would thrive as starters and struggle on the bench, which is what has been going on.

I mean how much worse can Runi/Quis be than Tins/Jack I think it's worth a shot. It will never happen but i'm curious how many of you would like to see this. Jermaine and Al are the go too guys on offense and as far as i'm concerned i'd like to see them get the majority of the shots with Granger being the third option.

I was impressed with our effort tonight especially from foster and jermaine and I think we may have won if foster remained in the game.

Anyhow, this team needs a shakeup unless the plan is to be a .500 team. My main arguement for Runi/Quis is
    ... could it possibly be worse than Tins/Jack.

I at least want Jackson out of the starting five FOR SURE. Throw Runi/Quis/Da/Rawle/I dont care who else I am sick of Jackson get him out of my life asap.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Default Re: Start Runi/Marquis

I agree with Quis, but I'm not ready for Runi.

bmartin7024

Start Quis and Granger with Harrington first off of the bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Runi is huddled deep inside of Rick's dog house right now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Well rick needs to get over it, I guarantee you if Runi gets starter minutes he will produce and I think the majority of people here would agree. We all know it how is rick so blind. He is a liability on defense...but Tinsley isn't?
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well rick needs to get over it, I guarantee you if Runi gets starter minutes he will produce and I think the majority of people here would agree. We all know it how is rick so blind. He is a liability on defense...but Tinsley isn't?
    I would like you to tell me what Sarunas Jasikevicius does better than Tinsley. Not saying Tins is any good, just saying Sarunas definetely isn't an improvement for us. Which is sad I know.

Starting Marquis *might* prove long-term to be the right move, but starting Sarunas won't help anything. He's a good backup, nothing more.

I dont even know if he is a good back up anymore. I doubt Rick thinks so anymore.

We really need to do whatever we can to get Andre Miller. Not only would he be an upgrade over Tinsley, he's a MUCH better fit with the way that JO and Rick want to play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quis at the point isn't the answer. It wasn't in Dallas, and it won't be here. But I think he should start at the 2.

Chest Rockwell

When Sarunas is capable of bringing the ball upcourt vs. pressure, then maybe he can will be ready for some minutes.

Tinsley has flaws, but he is an NBA point guard. I don't know if the same can be said about Sarunas.

You really think that Carlise would pull either one of our starting guards?

After all they have done you think he would pull them now?.... no way.

In dream land, where I like to visit a lot, he would start Greene & Daniels in the backcourt with Granger, O'Neal & Foster up front.

I'm not sure how I would bring guys off the bench but I would make sure and tell Jackson & Tinsley they should make sure they pick up a couple extra suites cause they're gonna be wearing them the rest of the season.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Well you got to see the Pacers with Quis instead of Jackson for most of the 2nd half, including the final 6 minutes.

How'd that work out?

The problem is Tins and Al right now. Granger for Al, okay. He'll make mistakes but he's coming along well enough to be okay in this situation.

But Runi for Tins? That doesn't really fix things. I do think Runi should be playing a lot more minutes than DA is getting.

I would be interested in Quis playing some starting PG, even though he's not a true PG solution. Running the offense through JO with Quis and Jack feeding him the ball and then playing off of him is fine with me and probably good enough to get the job done. The defense would be A LOT better with Quis-Jack-Danny-JO-Foster on the court. Good size without giving up too much speed.

I hated the idea of AI, but I would give up Tins and Granger to get Andre Miller here.

Banned

Andre Miller is average and overpaid. He's even a worse shooter than Tinsley. No way would I give up Granger in a deal to land that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Well you got to see the Pacers with Quis instead of Jackson for most of the 2nd half, including the final 6 minutes.

How'd that work out?

The problem is Tins and Al right now. Granger for Al, okay. He'll make mistakes but he's coming along well enough to be okay in this situation.

But Runi for Tins? That doesn't really fix things. I do think Runi should be playing a lot more minutes than DA is getting.

I would be interested in Quis playing some starting PG, even though he's not a true PG solution. Running the offense through JO with Quis and Jack feeding him the ball and then playing off of him is fine with me and probably good enough to get the job done. The defense would be A LOT better with Quis-Jack-Danny-JO-Foster on the court. Good size without giving up too much speed.

I hated the idea of AI, but I would give up Tins and Granger to get Andre Miller here.
    Granger for Andre Miller would be a horrible idea. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

How'd that work out?

The 76'er already have a small forward. They might take Williams if they thought he would/could replace Webber when his contract expires.

It is not that they should start. Comming off the bench is good enough, yet it was rarety in last 3 games. I do not get possibillity to look at games live, stats are the only feeder, but do not find Sar and DA statistical production anything extraordinary out of usual before Huston game. Sar assist to turnover ratio was even getting better. Then it all abruptly goes to the end. Do stats lie, or RC is on new rotation quest? If so, why 2 point guard combo is not an option anymore, which worked most of the time to the benefit of the team?

Please tell me if DA and Sar are sucking off more than producing and that is the reason for riding the pine. Stats some times lie, therefore not sure what to think about latest developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post

In dream land, where I like to visit a lot, he would start Greene & Daniels in the backcourt with Granger, O'Neal & Foster up front.
    I'd been hoping all season that Quis and Greene got enough consistent playing time that they'd at least have a shot at displacing one or both of our backcourt starters. Hasn't turned out that way.

I'd love to see those two start or get significant minutes. If, as has been suggested, JT and Jack are constants in the starting lineup for purposes of building up trade value, I think that's ridiculous. If I'm an NBA GM I don't touch either of those guys with a ten foot pole under any circumstances.

They are both worthless as far as what they do to your team on and off the floor. They both have talent, but that's it. Neither one is capable of parlaying it into positive impact on a team for various reasons.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Tinsley hasn't been that bad. It just seems that he can't do enough good to shed his label. Our problem has been inconsistency from Al and Jax. I wish Daniels would rent a dvd this weekend on jumpshooting, because that's the only reason he probably isn't starting. I think the key ingredient this team needs is a feared shooter. We have a couple of decent, respectable shooters, but they're as likely to knock the backboard off as they are to hit sometimes.

Marquis cannot be the only point guard on the floor. He needs to be on the floor with one of the point guards, JT, Saras, or Armstrong. Maybe it might work against some teams with Greene. But to put him out there with Jax, Al, Granger - no one else who can handle the ball and help initiate the offense - Marquis can't handle it.

Probably the best backcourt right now is Daniels and Armstrong - but DA can't play enough minutes though. So Rick is stuck with Tinsley

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    Tinsley hasn't been that bad.
    He was last night and he put in some real stinkers over the past few weeks.

Further UB is correct. You can't put Marquis out there without another player that can adequately handle the ball. That's a TO disaster waiting to happen.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Kestas

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    I mean how much worse can Runi/Quis be than Tins/Jack I think it's worth a shot. It will never happen but i'm curious how many of you would like to see this.
    I would like to see this (not more than Pacers wining, though). I'm pretty much convinced Saras is a more tallented PG than Tinsley ever will be. he could be more effective for the Pacers than Tinsley, no matter the lineup and no matter when he enters the game. but if you start him just like that and expect him to win games in the current system.. hardly see it happening. sometimes it'll work, sometimes not. just liek with Tinsley but with Jack, Tinsley, Carlisle, no system, etc. Pacers will not win anything anyways, so why not... simply this team is looking more and more like just another club to fill the NBA team lists - that's just debilitating. it's almost like being a fan of the Toyota team in F1.
    btw, I don't expect to gather any visible support for such ideas on this forum..

k

Mood

Let me first say that I like JT and his ability, however given this coaches, (RC), perspective on what he wants vs. what he has I believe Sarunus is the better option because he seems more focused and pass first oriented. Sarunus also has a chip on his shoulder with so much to prove. It won't happen because I don't think he fits with this team and their (chemistry). I hope the Pacers trade Sarunus to someone who will let him play.

I wouldn't mind a trial of Runi/Quis in the lineup, or even starting DA. At least you know they'll give 100%, rather they're playing well or not

Quis in the starting lineup? I'm agree...of course

Sarunas for Carlisle can play only and always (or most of the time) shooting guard, but I disagree.
    Jasikevicius in the Maccabi played point guard and was the best player in the Europe in that position.
    If we put Jasi in SG, we see only his shoot...
    Sorry for my English!!