Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words from Ron Ron

Default Words from Ron Ron

Looks like PacerNations favorite son is now a blogger in addition to playing ball and ripping mics.

A Tru renaissance man if there ever was one.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php...nartestjournal

(Mods: Feel free to move this if it it should be in the Shout Box or wherever.)

Whatís popping, everybody? Youíre entering the official Ron Artest Journal. Keep it locked here. Look for me every time I drop a new entry. Iím going to let people know a little more about me and weíre going to keep it updated. Iím doing my thing with the basketball and Iím definitely grinding with the music. Everything is all good.

I know youíre all probably wondering what I think about how my debut album My World did. Before I dropped the album, I had the chance to sign with a label called In Your Face Records. It was a $1 million deal. They have a deal with Universal. I didnít sign it because I wanted to keep most of my profits. I want to keep my own paper in this game. But at the same time, they had a staff that was ready to work and they were ready to take on a project such as mine. Me being Ron Artest and doing all the other things I do, I wasnít able to handle a project of my caliber. My label wasnít able to handle what was needed to be done. We couldnít market the right way. Tru Warier Records is a small label. Tru Warier Records didnít really have a handle on what was needed to be done.

So I had a chance to sign with them. My distribution only shipped 13,000 copies of My World. Some stores got 100 CDís and some stores only got five CDís. If youíre trying to find the Ron Artest album, youíre not going to find it. Itís like trying to find a Tic-Tac in the ocean. Iím still happy with the album though. Iím real happy with the quality of the album.

A lot of people were hating on it. I think they donít respect me as a rapper, but itís all good. My street credibility is always going to be there. No matter what people say, what people donít know is that Ron Artest is not only a basketball but heís also a thorough-*** *****. Ron Artest really has a love for this music.

What people donít realize is that every time they hate on me, theyíre hating on my peoples and my friends are real hungry. I donít give my friends money. Iím one of the few people who grew up in the hood and is making $7 million a year, but my friends are all out of love. I donít buy my respect. My friends are loyal to me and Iím loyal to them because weíve been friends for a long time. When the magazine people hate, I remember that. I tell my *****s that too. I tell them when they see certain people in the street, tell them to stop hating or they may have to set it off on them. People have to watch out how they behave, especially publicly, because we can find out who it is.

See, the hate doesnít bother me at all. Everybody hates. The other problem is that Iím not with a major label like an Interscope. People can say what they want about Eminem and 50, but theyíre two of the best artists of their time. When you donít have that machine they have behind them, it makes things more difficult. Itís easier for them to sell records. Itís tougher on the independents. Thatís why I need to get with a major. Iíve already spent $3 million and itís like I threw that in the ocean.

Weíre going to push Foul Mondayís project correctly. People are going to see that weíre in it for the long haul and Iím about the music. Iím loyal to this music. Foul Monday is a breath of fresh air. I wanted to sign him seven years ago. What happened was I couldnít really find him. I was 20 years-old and I couldnít find him. I really wanted to sign him because my little brother said, ďThis kid is nice.Ē

I ended up signing my man Challace. People know him and Foul Monday as being in the Killa Kidz. Me and Challace developed a relationship. We were going to the studio and doing everything. Then Foul Monday came around and I didnít have enough money to support both artists. Iím not able to give artists what they need and what they want all the time. I recorded with Foul Monday for a straight year, and this was seven years ago. I was telling him I was going to sign him then. Challace and me parted ways. If he ever needs anything, I got him, but we went our separate ways.

Foul Mondayís delivery is so crazy. I think heís going to really contribute to hip-hop. Thatís why I signed him. Kay Slay heard him and agreed to host his mixtape. Iím going to really push him. Half the battle here is marketing and itís important that I do my job because I know heís going to do his job.

My backís also been acting up. I have to get it readjusted. If I would have known that four weeks ago, I would have went to a chiropractor. The chiropractor fixed my back in three minutes the other day. I wasnít able to run at full speed. Thatís the speed I need to run in games. Once I get back into shape, itís going to be on and popping.

Iím definitely happy with how the season is going so far. Weíve been through a lot of ups and downs and weíve been losing a lot, but weíre going to come together as a team. Weíre going to shock the world when we bring the title home. Theyíre going to hate me for that too. We have confidence and we believe in each other and weíre going to be winning.

I know thereís some trade rumors out there about me. Those are just rumors. Thatís not going to happen. We have a loyal organization and if you donít hear any rumors from them, itís not going to happen. People know I rep the ghetto, but Iím not a bad person. Inside, Iím really a good person. People leak it out there that Sacramento wants to trade me, but that trade is not going to happen. In order for me to be traded, my team has to want to trade me, and they donít want to. They want to keep me.

I think the Allen Iverson trade to Denver was a good trade. Allen was in Philly for ten years and he never really got a chance to make anything happen. He wanted to win a championship and he never got that. I think itís good for him and now Philly can start over. Allen Iverson is with a bunch of good players and heís in a better position to win a championship.

A lot of people have been doubting if him and Carmelo can play together. Theyíre both good people and they both want to win. When I talked to Carmelo, he said he wanted to win. Theyíre going to be tough to guard. Itís going to be like dealing with two Michael Jordan-caliber players.

And my holidays have been great so far. I had a Christmas party with my wife. I bought her a NASCAR race car. I didnít get nothing for Christmas, but I never really want anything. My kids had fun on Christmas. My family came over and we cooked some dinner. Foul Monday came over too. It was all good.

Iím making my New Yearís Resolutions. Iím going to be a better family man, take my kids to church more and overall just try to be a better person.

For everybody reading this, I want you to know that Iím a positive person. The only time I can get a little bit unpositive is when the haters out there want Ron Artest to be how they want him to be. Thatís never going to happen. Iím going to be how I want to be. To all the people who respect other peopleís personalities, one love. To everyone else, I want them to smack the **** out themselves with their own hand.

I also want to send a shout out to Ruc, Braska, Wip and Hicky from Tru Warier Productions, Gotti, Dred, S, Nature, Nas, Cormega, Lake, Littles, Mobb Deep, IM3, MC Shan, Roxanne Shonte, Screwball, Capone and Nore, Crime Fam, Rita Real, V 12, Blitz, Noyd, Thun and all the other QB rappers. And if I didnít shout you out, shout me out because you know I reps my hood.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Words from Ron Ron

Did he hire Sassan to write that for him?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he hire Sassan to write that for him?
    Not sure...Big up to Hicky at Tru Warier records though.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

I am really speechless. I mean, I...just...no idea what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Not sure...Big up to Hicky at Tru Warier records though.
    Don't forget V 12, he always be juiced up...shout out to him.

Can someone please post a article from a................intelligent.....at least intelligenlty spoken person. I only read four lines (the first three and the last one) and I think I lost a whole lot of brain cells.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Can someone please post a article from a................intelligent.....at least intelligenlty spoken person. I only read four lines (the first three and the last one) and I think I lost a whole lot of brain cells.
    See, this is why you need to stop reading Vecsey.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So umm wow I read like two paragraphs and I think I am actually dumber then I was at the start.

ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Where is Btown?

I have not seen him in a while, so I hope he does not kill me for taking his line........but, without further adue:

I NEED A DRINK!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait, wait did he just guarantee a championship for the Kings too? This is too good.

ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I think I'm going to be ill...
    or do I need a license for that??

I wonder if he is "unpositive" that he is light years behind Eminem and 50 cent as far as talent? And that even a tic tac in the ocean is still too many. And that the only machine he needs behind him is the steamroller to crush the CD's.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Ron Artest is not only a basketball
    ...he's also a desert topping.

(kudos to the classic SNL commercial for floor wax)

The guy just called himself a basketball in the third person. He's breaking down all kinds of artistic boundries. He's also making a serious critique of the modern blogging world by pointing out just how stupid a typo can make you look.

You can't stop the rock, you can't even hope to contain him.

People have to watch out how they behave, especially publicly, because we can find out who it is.
    Really, if someone does something publically your group of G-Men and Untouchables can track down who they were? Does the "in public" thing have anything to do with that? Just trying to learn the secret methods behind the Dick Tracy gang.

See, the hate doesn’t bother me at all.
    Did you read the paragraph you just wrote? Seemed to have a lot to do with how hate bothers you.

I’ve already spent $3 million and it’s like I threw that in the ocean.
    You know, right next to the tic tacs.

When I talked to Carmelo, he said he wanted to win.
    He said it used to be hit and miss, but then he took a long hiking trip, did some thinking, really got his head clear and his mind around his thoughts, and he realized that "hey, I think I DO want to win." It's all about finding yourself I guess. So many of us will go through life not knowing if we want to win or not.

Me, I like a good hard kick to the ruts from the man on a daily basis. Hey, can I get an audit and a pink slip over here?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    ...he's also a desert topping.

(kudos to the classic SNL commercial for floor wax)

The guy just called himself a basketball in the third person. He's breaking down all kinds of artistic boundries. He's also making a serious critique of the modern blogging world by pointing out just how stupid a typo can make you look.

You can't stop the rock, you can't even hope to contain him.

Really, if someone does something publically your group of G-Men and Untouchables can track down who they were? Does the "in public" thing have anything to do with that? Just trying to learn the secret methods behind the Dick Tracy gang.
    Mad ups to my main man Seth from Naptown playa-hatin Ron-Ron.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Sorry, I had to add more. Hating is fun I guess.

Of course I don't hate the playa, I hate his blog.

"It’s like trying to find a Tic-Tac in the ocean."

Is that the same thing as throwing a hotdog down a hallway?

"
    Ron Artest is not only a basketball but he’s also a thorough-*** *****."

What is this supposed to mean? Does he wash behind his ears? Do basketballs have ears? Is that a feature of the new/old composite ball?

"I tell them when they see certain people in the street, tell them to stop hating or they may have to set it off on them. People have to watch out how they behave, especially publicly, because we can find out who it is."

I have no idea what he is insinuating, but I'm pretty sure it is terrifying.

"
    I’ve already spent $3 million and it’s like I threw that in the ocean."

If you need that three mil back, just look for it next to the tic-tac.

"
    I ended up signing my man Challace."

Who?!?

"People know him and Foul Monday as being in the Killa Kidz."

Oh, right. Obviously.

"
    Foul Monday’s delivery is so crazy."

He delivers pizzas on a moped driving backwards.

"
    My back’s also been acting up. Once I get back into shape, it’s going to be on and popping."

That's encouraging.

"
    And my holidays have been great so far. I had a Christmas party with my wife. I bought her a NASCAR race car. I didn’t get nothing for Christmas, but I never really want anything. My kids had fun on Christmas. My family came over and we cooked some dinner. Foul Monday came over too. It was all good."

Too.......many........jokes..........DANGER! DANGER! [FlavaDave explodes]

FlavaDave
    1984-2006
    Cause of death:
    Irony Overload

I just want to know why Foul Monday came over for the holidays but Challace wasn't invited. Is anyone else as confused/mad about this as I am?

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I just want to know why Foul Monday came over for the holidays but Challace wasn't invited. Is anyone else as confused/mad about this as I am?

Exactly. Challace's presence would prove particularly useful in the event that one of the house guests wanted to consume a liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Exactly. Challace's presence would prove particularly useful in the event that one of the house guests wanted to consume a liquid.
    That's what I'm saying! While all Foul Monday did was stink up Christmas Day and New Years' Day in classic Foul Monday fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Artest
    No matter what people say, what people don’t know is that Ron Artest is not only a basketball but he’s also a thorough-*** *****.

Ron is a basketball?

I love typos, especially ones coming from people like Ron Artest.

After rambling on for the first few paragraphs about haters and respect, he says it doesn't bother him at all. Then continues to harp on it in subsequent paragraphs. That's classic Ron Artest right there.

He's going to be broke within a decade of retiring from basketball, because he has no idea how business works and his "friends" are going to bleed him dry. And if he truly does have back problems now, it's going to be a very early retirement.

I am sooooo glad that he's gone. He'll never learn, until it's too late.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Within a decade? Isn't he basically living paycheck-to-paycheck right now?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Strange that he says that I would not be able to find his album. They have it on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...371932-5539949

Are you from Nasty North, or the Dirty South/You gotta rep your hood, know what I'm talkin' 'bout?

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    "Itís like trying to find a Tic-Tac in the ocean."

Is that the same thing as throwing a hotdog down a hallway?

"
    Ron Artest is not only a basketball but heís also a thorough-*** *****."

What is this supposed to mean? Does he wash behind his ears? Do basketballs have ears? Is that a feature of the new/old composite ball?

"I tell them when they see certain people in the street, tell them to stop hating or they may have to set it off on them. People have to watch out how they behave, especially publicly, because we can find out who it is."

I have no idea what he is insinuating, but I'm pretty sure it is terrifying.

"
    Iíve already spent $3 million and itís like I threw that in the ocean."

If you need that three mil back, just look for it next to the tic-tac.

"
    I ended up signing my man Challace."

Who?!?

"People know him and Foul Monday as being in the Killa Kidz."

Oh, right. Obviously.

"
    Foul Mondayís delivery is so crazy."

He delivers pizzas on a moped driving backwards.

"
    My backís also been acting up. Once I get back into shape, itís going to be on and popping."

That's encouraging.

"
    And my holidays have been great so far. I had a Christmas party with my wife. I bought her a NASCAR race car. I didnít get nothing for Christmas, but I never really want anything. My kids had fun on Christmas. My family came over and we cooked some dinner. Foul Monday came over too. It was all good."

Too.......many........jokes..........DANGER! DANGER! [FlavaDave explodes]

FlavaDave
    1984-2006
    Cause of death:
    Irony Overload

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    Strange that he says that I would not be able to find his album. They have it on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...371932-5539949

Are you from Nasty North, or the Dirty South/You gotta rep your hood, know what I'm talkin' 'bout?

If Ron wants to make some money and prove his street-cred, he should join the WWE and challenge K-Fed. He'd instantly become everybody's hero.