Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rex Grossman admits he didn't give 100% against the Packers

Windy City Flyer City of Big Sholdas's Avatar

Default Re: Rex Grossman admits he didn't give 100% against the Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grossman has some serious confidence issues. I think he's a decent quarterback and could probably be a top 5 QB in the league if he could actually make accurate reads when he's under pressure and keep his mechanics in check.

I think he needs another off season of work before you see consistency out of him. Either way though, all he needs to do in the playoffs is limit his mistakes and let his running game and defense help him. The Bears could make it out of the NFC if he gets hot, but they are going to lose in the superbowl for sure. In fact, the only team I really have confidence in to beat an AFC team is the Saints and maybe Dallas.
    First of all Rex will not be with us next year...unless he has a perfect game and the Defense loses us the game. We did not sign Brian Griese to a 5 yr $40 million deal to be sitting on the bench. Rex's mechanics are worse than Vince's and he is taking no time to correct them. You can't throw sideways off your back foot over a 6'7" lineman and expect the DB not to the see the ball just floating in the air, while the receiver has been severely under thrown and has no chance at catching the ball. And I GUARANTEE you that if he is sucking it up in the first quarter and the Bears are down 10 or 14 at the end of the first...Griese will be strapping em up. Haha we will not win the Super Bowl and that is a positive, unless McMahon dresses in Rex's uniform, but come on man Dallas are you ****ting me... i would give the NY "football" Giants a better probability of beating the Eagles then Dallas even beating Seattle in the first place..let alone make it to the Super Bowl...
    |Bears 3-5 - Bulls 0-4|Aren't we just on a roll?

Quote Originally Posted by City of Big Sholdas View Post
    First of all Rex will not be with us next year...unless he has a perfect game and the Defense loses us the game. We did not sign Brian Griese to a 5 yr $40 million deal to be sitting on the bench. Rex's mechanics are worse than Vince's and he is taking no time to correct them. You can't throw sideways off your back foot over a 6'7" lineman and expect the DB not to the see the ball just floating in the air, while the receiver has been severely under thrown and has no chance at catching the ball. And I GUARANTEE you that if he is sucking it up in the first quarter and the Bears are down 10 or 14 at the end of the first...Griese will be strapping em up. Haha we will not win the Super Bowl and that is a positive, unless McMahon dresses in Rex's uniform, but come on man Dallas are you ****ting me... i would give the NY "football" Giants a better probability of beating the Eagles then Dallas even beating Seattle in the first place..let alone make it to the Super Bowl...
    First of all, Rex Grossman is Chicago's QB of the future. Griese can't throw the deep ball and is an average QB at best. This is Rex's first full season as a QB for the Bears and he is having confidence issues. If Griese's contract is really 5 years for 40 million, I'm pretty sure the contract is heavily loaded on the backend and he will be waived before the end of it. Also, if Rex has to throw off his back foot on every single play, then his OLine isn't giving him any protection. You act as though he drops back and throws a 70 yard lob pass off his back foot when he's facing no pressure. His mechanics suffer when he's under pressure, otherwise he is a pretty solid QB. He's inconsistent, but he's the best QB the Bears have had in the past decade..and they have to work with him. If you don't think that, then you are a bandwagon Bears fan and haven't watched them at all in the past 10 years. Either that, or your Kordell Stewarts little brother.

And Dallas is 3-1 against AFC teams slick. No other team in the NFC is above .500 against the AFC. I don't know if Dallas will make it to the SB, but I think they have the best shot at beating an AFC team. They have the most talented team in the NFC as well. And don't even talk about the Giants. Tiki wont be able to put up 200 in every game..and then we get to watch Eli overthrow or underthrow his WRs.

And Dallas is 3-1 against AFC teams slick. No other team in the NFC is above .500 against the AFC. I don't know if Dallas will make it to the SB, but I think they have the best shot at beating an AFC team.
    That is cool but Dallas can't beat NFC teams so it's kind of a moot point.

Regarding Rex, well he is pretty much an idiot any way you cut it. Whether he truly didn't prepare and was being honest or if he was simply making excuses, either way he's dumb.

But he is the guy the Bears have hitched their wagon to and I think he can be a pretty good QB in this league. It's the first time in his life that he made it through all 16 games and while the lows were awful, he had quite a few excellent games too. Hopefully his 2nd full season in the league will see him eliminate a lot of the inconsistent play.

In the meantime, there is a Super Bowl to be won. Bears certainly would be underdogs if they get to Miami and a lot of folks don't even expect them to get that far but....the window of opportunity is there so GIT R DUN and I'll take my chances on 2/4/07.

And Griese isn't the answer. Evidently sitting on the bench has allowed Brian to reach near mythical status in the minds of some Bears fans. LMAO!

And for the record I'm not from Chicago so I don't suffer nearly as much from the tendencies that Jay mentioned above.

Windy City Flyer City of Big Sholdas's Avatar

First of all, Rex Grossman is Chicago's QB of the future. Griese can't throw the deep ball and is an average QB at best. This is Rex's first full season as a QB for the Bears and he is having confidence issues. If Griese's contract is really 5 years for 40 million, I'm pretty sure the contract is heavily loaded on the backend and he will be waived before the end of it. Also, if Rex has to throw off his back foot on every single play, then his OLine isn't giving him any protection. You act as though he drops back and throws a 70 yard lob pass off his back foot when he's facing no pressure. His mechanics suffer when he's under pressure, otherwise he is a pretty solid QB. He's inconsistent, but he's the best QB the Bears have had in the past decade..and they have to work with him. If you don't think that, then you are a bandwagon Bears fan and haven't watched them at all in the past 10 years. Either that, or your Kordell Stewarts little brother.

And Dallas is 3-1 against AFC teams slick. No other team in the NFC is above .500 against the AFC. I don't know if Dallas will make it to the SB, but I think they have the best shot at beating an AFC team. They have the most talented team in the NFC as well. And don't even talk about the Giants. Tiki wont be able to put up 200 in every game..and then we get to watch Eli overthrow or underthrow his WRs.
    Ok, because my opinion doesn't suit your state of mind I am a bandwagon Bears fan. I have Sunday NFL Ticket specifically to watch the Bears..and yes when he drops back..mainly on 3rd downs he is in pressure. Watch a game once in a while..and yes he is the best since Jim McMahon, but this franchise isn't accepting "ok" anymore..we are ready to move into the elite group..and unless Rex fixes his mechanics..pressure or noy...he will be out of Chicago. You can still have good mechanics under pressure. Look at Peyton today against the Chiefs he was under pressure in a lot of the situations and still made good throws..there is always room for improvement and Rex isn't taking the time to get better. Having Bluto Platowski's grade point average as a QB Rating isn't exactly something to be bragging about. When Rex throws 3 int in the playoff game then get back to me about how I don't anything about the Bears.
    |Bears 3-5 - Bulls 0-4|Aren't we just on a roll?

Ok, because my opinion doesn't suit your state of mind I am a bandwagon Bears fan. I have Sunday NFL Ticket specifically to watch the Bears..and yes when he drops back..mainly on 3rd downs he is in pressure. Watch a game once in a while..and yes he is the best since Jim McMahon, but this franchise isn't accepting "ok" anymore..we are ready to move into the elite group..and unless Rex fixes his mechanics..pressure or noy...he will be out of Chicago. You can still have good mechanics under pressure. Look at Peyton today against the Chiefs he was under pressure in a lot of the situations and still made good throws..there is always room for improvement and Rex isn't taking the time to get better. Having Bluto Platowski's grade point average as a QB Rating isn't exactly something to be bragging about. When Rex throws 3 int in the playoff game then get back to me about how I don't anything about the Bears.
    He was under pressure and he got picked off 3 times. That's an awful example if you are trying to express your point to me.

The difference between Peyton and Grossman after 3 picks is simple. Peyton gets his head back in the game and keeps moving the ball down the field. Grossman gets in a funk and sucks for the rest of the game. That is something that can be fixed on Rex's part.

And Rex had the most 100+ passer rating games this season..but he also had the most 20 and under passer ratings.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

.and yes he is the best since Jim McMahon, but this franchise isn't accepting "ok" anymore..we are ready to move into the elite group..and unless Rex fixes his mechanics..pressure or noy...he will be out of Chicago.
    The thing is, Griese isn't taking this team up another level. Are the Bears going after Schwab or someone else through a trade or free agency? I would prefer Rex work out and other holes get filled.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will never forget this thread and the grief I received from it...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ight=superfans