Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all the talk of San Antonio's 16-game winning streak...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default For all the talk of San Antonio's 16-game winning streak...

Did it cross anyone's mind that we are now on a 10-game winning streak of our own?

Default Re: For all the talk of San Antonio's 16-game winning streak...

yeah...mine
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

Yeah that's sweet...but it's no 16!

Yeah that's sweet...but it's no 16!
    Well...not yet.

yeah...mine
    Me too. We haven't lost since @Detroit.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

yeah...mine
    The next time we lose will be @Detroit

yeah...mine
    The next time we lose will be @Detroit

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Memphis/LA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Miami/Boston......

If you guys want to get talked about, then beat somebody of note. Not blaming you, but San Antonio is beating up on some pretty GOOD teams. Detroit wasn't talked about really until they started playing NJ. Beat Detroit in the ECF, and you'll get your media coverage......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

If you guys want to get talked about, then beat somebody of note. Not blaming you, but San Antonio is beating up on some pretty GOOD teams. Detroit wasn't talked about really until they started playing NJ. Beat Detroit in the ECF, and you'll get your media coverage......

Oh, just go ruin the fun, will you...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

[size=18:921c96d1d4] Pacers 3

Pistons 1[/size]

We already have beaten the Pistons this year
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Ahh...but we beat San Antonio.

I think you guys all know I'm referring to the PLAYOFFS.......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Yeah but I just had to get that in there.

[size=18:947b0e0f33]SCOREBOARD!!! [/size]

oh wait tho...you point out the win streak and THAT started BEFORE the playoffs...so....YOU STARTED IT, nyah.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

In that case, only the Spurs and Pacers are undefeated.

Funny...earlier, lots of people were talking about how good Miami was and how the second round could be a battle. Now, after thoroughly dismantling them in Game 1, suddenly the Heat suck. ed:

Funny...earlier, lots of people were talking about how good Miami was and how the second round could be a battle. Now, after thoroughly dismantling them in Game 1, suddenly the Heat suck. ed:
    Well, whoever these "people" are, feel free to say so, because I vividly recall saying REPEATEDLY that Miami would get crushed by Indiana if they advanced to round 2........I could find the post for you if you want....

Well, whoever these "people" are, feel free to say so, because I vividly recall saying REPEATEDLY that Miami would get crushed by Indiana if they advanced to round 2........I could find the post for you if you want....
    I can't think of names, but I recall many people early in the playoffs fearing Miami due to the roll they weere on going into the playoffs. Yeah, that attitude started to change once the P's finished off Boston and more ppl paid attention to the Heat/Hornets series. But I said from the get-go that Miami didn't scare me at all and they still don't.

Now watch the Pacers lose tonight.

As you said that we would lose from Detroit in January when they were on a 13 game win streak, and what happened there ?

As you then stated that your team was working to make it to the 2006 playoffs, had no chance and sucked.

As you now state that you can not be beaten, and that Miami is another "kiddie" opponent.

Somehow your opinion fluctuates at an even worse rate then the dollar, but it has one thing in common with that dollar, at this moment in time its worth shite.

Had the Pacers not stopped your win streak, you would have had a new record, had the Pacers not played better then the Pistons all season then you would have been division winners, now the Pacers are, you might have had homecourt, now the Pacers do.

Once you beat the Pacers you have earned bragging rights, until then: get back in line and wait your turn, the Pacers are the #1 and thus have the bragging rights, not Detroit.

Your record is inferior to that of the Pacers, so is the play, until you prove otherwise.

Have a nice day
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I can't think of names, but I recall many people early in the playoffs fearing Miami due to the roll they weere on going into the playoffs. Yeah, that attitude started to change once the P's finished off Boston and more ppl paid attention to the Heat/Hornets series. But I said from the get-go that Miami didn't scare me at all and they still don't.

Now watch the Pacers lose tonight.
    I recall saying the New Orleans posed much more of a threat, myself.

Frankly, I think it would do the Pacers some GOOD to drop a game to miami. They're making a lot of mental mistakes right now, and they take too many outside shots. But they win anyway because they're that much more talented. The Pistons had that problem until Milwaukee threw some cold water on their faces. I think a similiar loss to Miami would make Indy more ready for the ECF, when you can't win on talent alone.....

As you said that we would lose from Detroit in January when they were on a 13 game win streak, and what happened there ?

As you then stated that your team was working to make it to the 2006 playoffs, had no chance and sucked.

As you now state that you can not be beaten, and that Miami is another "kiddie" opponent.

Somehow your opinion fluctuates at an even worse rate then the dollar, but it has one thing in common with that dollar, at this moment in time its worth shite.

Had the Pacers not stopped your win streak, you would have had a new record, had the Pacers not played better then the Pistons all season then you would have been division winners, now the Pacers are, you might have had homecourt, now the Pacers do.

Once you beat the Pacers you have earned bragging rights, until then: get back in line and wait your turn, the Pacers are the #1 and thus have the bragging rights, not Detroit.

Your record is inferior to that of the Pacers, so is the play, until you prove otherwise.

Have a nice day
    So, able, how do you really feel?

sweabs

and they take too many outside shots.
    You are right...I've really noticed this in the last few games...and sometimes we can be a good shooting team, but I'd rather just work it down into the post a little more.

So, able, how do you really feel?

On top of the world

My favorite team is playing again tonight, I am ready to listen, chat with other fans and just have a random good time.

:
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

....and that means WHAT......?

Yeah, I also recall saying that things could change if we got a difference-maker by the trade deadline....very convenient for you to leave that part out....

I did?

Somehow your constant exaggerration of everything I say is something right out of Sienfeld and like the show, its utterly pointless.

*insert smiley for "BLATENTLY OBVIOUS" here......

Hey, brag all you want about beating Miami and Boston, nobody's stopping you . All I said is dont blame ESPN for not really caring....look at all the other 2nd round matchups. Minny/Sacramento. LA/SA. Detroit/New Jersey. then we have Indiana/MIAMI. PRETEND you were an outside observer, which series would YOU give the least attention?

Have a nice day
    I would point out out play SINCE Rasheed makes everything PRE-Rasheed irrelevant, but you'd just label me a homer for making such an outlandish statement.......in other words it doesn't support your theory

Actually, it's a 17-game winning streak.

Beat Detroit in the ECF, and you'll get your media coverage...
    Fine. Since you insist.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!