Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that the Pistons are up 2-0 on the Nets...

Default Re: Now that the Pistons are up 2-0 on the Nets...

You sheep who only listen to bad publicity about Rasheed just don't realize that on the basketball court he is the ultimate teammate, ask anyone he has played with before.
    I'm sure Ruben Boumtje Boumtje would agree.
    Word. That's not the song they're singing in Portland... the team there was ready to help him pack. And the fans? They'd have chipped in for bus fare.

As others have said, the prospect of playing for a shiny new contract certainly isn't hurting any.

EDIT: You really should cut the "sheep" crap, whodean. You're embarrassing your team and making your fellow Pistons fans look bad. Kstat, especially, has been catching the crap that you started throwing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You sheep who only listen to bad publicity about Rasheed just don't realize that on the basketball court he is the ultimate teammate, ask anyone he has played with before.
    I'm sure Ruben Boumtje Boumtje would agree.
    Word. That's not the song they're singing in Portland... the team there was ready to help him pack. And the fans? They'd have chipped in for bus fare.
    Guess you didnt see the standing ovation rasheed got in his 1st game at portland, or the 7436297 "we still love rasheed" signs that decorated the arena.....

The Portland media hated Rasheed. But most of the fans there know he got a bad rap.

The sheep comment was a tad out of line, but other than that, whodean is right on. EVERY GUY Rasheed has been a teamate of has said Rasheed is the ultimate team player.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Liquid Slap

Wow, I start a new topic and leave for the day. I comeback and it has 27 new posts. I wasn't here to respond to them all.

Anyway, I could have sworn everyone was talking like the Pistons were inferior to the Nets and would certainly be eliminated by them. From the looks of it though, I guess I was wrong. So I take that comment back.

To the guy that said the last game between Indy and Detroit was a fluke because Tinsley was out... Please stop the excuses. You said there is a 10 point difference when he plays and doesn't. You lost the game by 18. That is still not enough. I do agree you won those other 3 times(no excuses), but don't start crying that Tinsley wasn't there and that's why you lost. Just take a loss. I am not basing the ECFs on that one game. That would be silly. That one game does show was the Pistons are capable of though.

Tinsley is a better point guard that Chauncey Billups?? Do you mind telling me where you got your stats from? Chauncey is 6th(7.3 assists) in the league as far as this post season goes. Tinsley is 10th(6.3 assists). Chauncey is 14th as far as PGs go in the regular season. Tinsley didn't even break the top 35. Chauncey ranks 9th in field goal percentage amoungst the point guards(post season). Tinsley didn't even make the list to qualify again. Come on man, Chauncey beat him in every offensive category but turnovers. That one stat alone doesn't make Tinsley better. I would let Chauncey have 1 turnover more per game if he is going to drop 24 and 8.

Not trying to be a fan boy, I just wanted to point out the facts. Fact is Indiana has the series 3-1. They won that battle. In the ECF, an all new battle begins, only this time, the this battle will also win the war and it's anybody's victory as of right now.

Offense is comparable with Indy having the better front court and Detroit having a better back court. Defense on the other hand is not comparable IMO. The front court D of Detroit is great and the back court pressure is mentionable; but when the bench hits the floor....OH BOY!!....the pressure is just insane. They may not be able to score, but they can at least maintain.

All, in all...it's going to be a great series no matter what happens.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, I start a new topic and leave for the day. I comeback and it has 27 new posts. I wasn't here to respond to them all.

Anyway, I could have sworn everyone was talking like the Pistons were inferior to the Nets and would certainly be eliminated by them. From the looks of it though, I guess I was wrong. So I take that comment back.

To the guy that said the last game between Indy and Detroit was a fluke because Tinsley was out... Please stop the excuses. You said there is a 10 point difference when he plays and doesn't. You lost the game by 18. That is still not enough. I do agree you won those other 3 times(no excuses), but don't start crying that Tinsley wasn't there and that's why you lost. Just take a loss. I am not basing the ECFs on that one game. That would be silly. That one game does show was the Pistons are capable of though.

Tinsley is a better point guard that Chauncey Billups?? Do you mind telling me where you got your stats from? Chauncey is 6th(7.3 assists) in the league as far as this post season goes. Tinsley is 10th(6.3 assists). Chauncey is 14th as far as PGs go in the regular season. Tinsley didn't even break the top 35. Chauncey ranks 9th in field goal percentage amoungst the point guards(post season). Tinsley didn't even make the list to qualify again. Come on man, Chauncey beat him in every offensive category but turnovers. That one stat alone doesn't make Tinsley better. I would let Chauncey have 1 turnover more per game if he is going to drop 24 and 8.

Not trying to be a fan boy, I just wanted to point out the facts. Fact is Indiana has the series 3-1. They won that battle. In the ECF, an all new battle begins, only this time, the this battle will also win the war and it's anybody's victory as of right now.

Offense is comparable with Indy having the better front court and Detroit having a better back court. Defense on the other hand is not comparable IMO. The front court D of Detroit is great and the back court pressure is mentionable; but when the bench hits the floor....OH BOY!!....the pressure is just insane. They may not be able to score, but they can at least maintain.

All, in all...it's going to be a great series no matter what happens.
    Tinsley >>>>> AJ

And we also didn't have Bender.

And we also had homecourt wrapped up.

What Shade just said above are true, and big reasons we lost. But I don't want you to think we're only about excuses around here; you won fair and square, there's absolutely no doubt about that..

Just don't expect a repeat in the ECFs

Liquid Slap

Tinsley >>>>> AJ

And we also didn't have Bender.

And we also had homecourt wrapped up.
    Right right...If that's the case then we didn't have Rasheed, James and Hunter didn't play. That equals more points, more blocks, and more steals. Totally different game. But we didn't have them, so we lost. Big deal. I have no problem excepting losses to other teams if they played better. No need for excuses. Why all the excuses for a Pacer loss?

And I am no troll. I am a Pacer fan too(second to the Pistons of course). If the Pistons don't go to the Finals, I will definitely be pulling for the Pacers.