Thread: Official Colts playoffs predictions/talk thread

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Official Colts playoffs predictions/talk thread

So, after the Colts eeking by the Dolphins today, 27-22. We're matched against the Kansas City Chiefs in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs.

Game will be this Saturday at 4:30 PM.

What do you all expect to happen?

I myself, think this game will be a shootout.

Thoughts?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: Official Colts playoffs predictions/talk thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, after the Colts eeking by the Dolphins today, 27-22. We're matched against the Kansas City Chiefs in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs.

Game will be this Saturday at 4:30 PM.

What do you all expect to happen?

I myself, think this game will be a shootout.

Thoughts?
    I don't know if it will be a shoot-out, but I think both teams will score into the 20's.

Some things about the Chiefs:
    Defense is very inconsistent. They can play like a top 10 defense 1 week and look awful the next. I expect the Colts to pick on Ty Law a ton. Not only has he lost a good bit of his speed, but he's a gambler. He will gamble on some balls and go up for the interception meaning that if he misses it, his guy is wide open and is gone for the TD. He's given up a ton of very long TDs to WRs this year because he's gone for the big play, but at the same time..he's made a few big plays this year off of that.

Larry Johnson is just as scary as LT. LJ is a more powerful runner then LT and is a little better at breaking tackles. Once he makes it into the secondary, he's gone. He's the second best RB in the league. I expect the Chiefs to feed him the ball all day and I think he will go for 200+ and a pair of TDs. But on a positive note for the Colts, LJ may start wearing down this game. He set a record for the most carries in a regular season this year. If he doesn't break down this game and the Chiefs manage to beat the Colts, he will break down in mid-january for sure.

The Chiefs passing offense is inconsistent..but they are still are pretty good. Around the goal-line, Kennison and Gonzo are money for Trent Green.

I expect a very good game. The Chiefs match up well with the Colts..but at the end of the day, the Colts will have too much offensive firepower for the Chiefs to match. The only way the Chiefs will win is if they get some turnovers or force alot of punts.

IMO this is the last team we wanted out of Denver, NYJ, and KC. LJ is gonna run all over us. Its gonna be close, but I think we are going to lose this game and good riddance cause any win is just prolonging the inevitable matchup with LT that will result in us getting destroyed and giving up 300 yards rushing to one player in the playoffs.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Yeah, it may not be a shootout, you're right, Moses, but it should easily make for a great game.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Larry Johnson is going to murder our defense. I think we have a decent chance of winning, but am not looking forward to seeing our defense get annihlated on the ground.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

This is the absolute worst road to the SB the Colts could have. IMO Johnson's worse than LT because most of his running's between the tackles where LT is solid inside but likes to get outside.

Then, if you get past them you have to go to Baltimore, assuming NE beats the Jets. With the 4 seed you go to SD, a warm-weather field - and a team with a QB who might be rattled in his first playoff game if you can pressure him.

That said, I expect you can beat the Chiefs but it'll be a shootout - 35-31 or something like that. Trent Green isn't great but he isn't bad either and can handle pressure.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Yeah KC is hard to figure out, from week to week. Green is not 100% back since the injury, but Larry Johnson is going to be running it all day long.

I will say I was actually more afraid of the Jets. With the Parcells like influence and you never know what type of trickery they were going to come with and we barely escaped with a win early in the season with that team was just starting to come on.

I think the Colts will win, for one reason because no one is even giving a chance national media wise. The only thing the Colts D has heard for the last few months is they can' stop the run. While KC has some talented WR they are a run first second and third type team. They certainly aren't as balanced as most of the other playoff teams. Edwards isn't really the best coach when it comes to playoffs and making down to the wire decisions.

Because it's at home I think the Colts edge out KC but they still pound down our throats for 200 plus yds. I think though the Colts D will be able to get to Green a few times force a few turnovers, which will be the difference, IMO.

Why Not Us ?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

One thing though, the Colts are at home and have Sanders returning. As much as they have been pounded by the run even in the dome, they've managed to run off win after win there.

I think part of that is that the offense is able to get going more on the turf and then once they get the lead and force the other team to pass it's lights out.

Remember that the Colts give up less passing yards than rushing. The key is to make it that type of game via the offense.

I'm more worried about the Baltimore defense beating up the offense and turning that game into a true grinder.

I do agree that while LT is lethal, his playing style does fit closer to what the Colts do decent which is to play with speed and close the edges. It's the inside power and pass-rush punishing traps that hurt them terribly.

Frankly every team looks vunerable this year. Around week 8 or 9 people were saying the Colts were good except their defense which made the Bears the only "complete" team. That's just about when Rex started to really stink to the point of hurting the team.

After that Dallas was named the team to beat in the NFC. Whoops.

And just think to how the Jags looked after blowing up Pittsburgh in prime time. It's been a tough season to read. Maybe that plays to the Colts advantage.

They do have a very tough road to go to get to the SB, that's for sure.

I have a better feeling about this one since DClark was able to make it thru the Miami game ok. Sanders maybe rusty but at least he can tackle. If we get the first possesion and score our chances are good. I'm not sure KC will be patient enough if we get the early lead.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see the Colts winning this one to raise expectations a bit more before the big annual crash, but I just don't feel safe betting on them right now.