Thread: Bob Sanders: "I'm back."

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bob Sanders: "I'm back."

According to Phil B.'s most recent Colts blog, Bob Sanders is going to be around for the playoffs.

The most worthwhile piece of information I gleaned tonight came outside the locker room. While I was walking toward the Coltsí dressing area, somebody leaning against a hallway wall gave me a polite tap on the shoulder. It was Bob Sanders. And he was smiling. The Pro Bowl safety of a year ago, reduced to just four games this season by a scope on his right knee, wanted to let me know he was ready for the playoffs. I gave him a hard time for not coming into the locker room during the week. He said he didnít know I wanted to talk to him. But no matter. He told me what Colts fans want to hear after watching him sit out seven of the last eight games and 12 of the last 14.

ďIím back,Ē he said. ďIím all go.Ē

The Colts will need him. And better be ready. Johnson wonít be easy to bring down. But with Sanders in the lineup, maybe these Colts will find a way. Like everybody else next weekend, they have a chance.
    Well that certainly cannot hurt, especially against Larry Johnson. ...right?
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Default Re: Bob Sanders: "I'm back."

Thank goodness. That is all I have to say.

I think it was obvious this is what they've been waiting for.

Why, exactly? I don't know, but he played so well in the NE game, and then nothing after. I think it was clear he was being withheld for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was obvious this is what they've been waiting for.

Why, exactly? I don't know, but he played so well in the NE game, and then nothing after. I think it was clear he was being withheld for the playoffs.

He played in another game after NE and was a non-factor. Nowhere near the 'difference maker' he seemed to be in that NE game.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    He played in another game after NE and was a non-factor. Nowhere near the 'difference maker' he seemed to be in that NE game.

-Bball

He certainly made a difference against kansas city.
    That'll do.

Let Saturday get here already. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the playing time Keiho got in the last game replacing Rob Morris. Another hitter with speed. I think the D is going to be ok and will be playing fast like they did against KC.

Colts on the road....who cares because the Ravens are going down tomorrow. Will the Bird mouths on their D man-up when they lose?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Keiho got to play some against kc? I didnt notice (was sick). I like Freddy K!!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Keiho got to play some against kc? I didnt notice (was sick). I like Freddy K!!!
    Oh yeah Soup, he was moving fast and hitting hard. That's what I like considering teams have been looking at film showing Gilbert and Rob playing either slow and can't tackle. Freddy is a different kind of guy......
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I've been waiting for Dungy to unleash the Keiaho!! Guy is fun.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I noticed Freddie was playing some minutes. He helped make a tackle that stopped Larry Johnson near the goal line during the game. I'm happy to see him in there contributing.

COME ON D! GO COLTS!
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.