Thread: Colts vs. Ravens, 4:30 PM Saturday, January 13th

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts vs. Ravens, 4:30 PM Saturday, January 13th

It's gonna be crazy.

Default Re: Colts vs. Ravens, 4:30 PM Saturday, January 13th

I just hope CBS has enough HD crews to cover it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Thanks for the heads up.
    Oh man, I can't wait for next saturday...

This will probably be the best game in the playoffs.

Well, this and NE vs SD next week.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know how many Baltimore Colts references I'm going to be able to take.

My prediction in this game will be one of domination. I don't predict a come down to the wire type game.

Either our offense will carve up their defense and they'll have no chance of keeping up. Or we'll collapse again and our defense will play pretty good, but nothing like last night and we'll lose pretty handily.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

I want to go to this game sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

I looked at tickets, but the bleacher seats were running close to $900

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be on a plane on my way to Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know how many Baltimore Colts references I'm going to be able to take.

My prediction in this game will be one of domination. I don't predict a come down to the wire type game.

Either our offense will carve up their defense and they'll have no chance of keeping up. Or we'll collapse again and our defense will play pretty good, but nothing like last night and we'll lose pretty handily.
    I think the exact opposite. Expect a low scoring game. Baltimore will want to control the clock and they have a very good team at doing so. I think the Colts run defense gets run all over by Jamal Lewis this game...but then again, who knows. They played inspired this week against KC.

I hope we can continue to play well defensively. If we play this well, I'm excited.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

One thing that is really working against the Colts next week. Home teams usually win and when the home team has had a week off, they almost always win. Yes I know the Colts lost last year to the Steelers - but that was a very rare exception.

Colts certainly are capable of beating any team - but it will be extremely difficult. The odds are against them.

edit: I just checked the extended weather forecast. Cloudy and high of 63 next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    One thing that is really working against the Colts next week. Home teams usually wins and when the home team has had a week off, they almost always win. Yes I know the Colts lost last year to the Steelers - but that was a very rare exception.
    When it's the Playoffs in the NFL homefield avantage probably means the least of the big three. Last two years in the Wildcard round the home teams were 1-3. In the next round the Divisional Playoffs last year 2-2 for the Home Teams. Sure being at home is an advantage, but it's not such an odd thing for the Road team to win in the NFL playoffs.

I think it's going to be very interesting the first few possesions. If they are able to drop back and cover the Colts WR's forcing Manning to dump it off to the the Tight End or hand it off to Addai, we will have to execute that part of our offense on a consistent basis. As long as we don't turn the ball over at all in the first half to that great defense, and give their Offense as little of possesions as possible , we should stand a good chance of being right there keeping it close at the end.

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    One thing that is really working against the Colts next week. Home teams usually wins and when the home team has had a week off, they almost always win. Yes I know the Colts lost last year to the Steelers - but that was a very rare exception.

Colts certainly are capable of beating any team - but it will be extremely difficult. The odds are against them.

edit: I just checked the extended weather forecast. Cloudy and high of 63 next aturday
    I know what the stats say UB, but personally I would rather have that extra week of playing as opposed to having the week off. Just me.

I am expecting a great game

My flight to Baltimore arrives at 3:00 that day. Good thing we aren't going downtown when we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    My flight to Baltimore arrives at 3:00 that day. Good thing we aren't going downtown when we get there.
    That's it!!!! Were done. You coming back to B-more and you didnt even bother to tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    When it's the Playoffs in the NFL homefield avantage probably means the least of the big three. Last two years in the Wildcard round the home teams were 1-3. In the next round the Divisional Playoffs last year 2-2 for the Home Teams. Sure being at home is an advantage, but it's not such an odd thing for the Road team to win in the NFL playoffs.
    I'm not a footbal expert, in fact I don't really like football. But I thought saw a stat somewhere that indicated in the playoffs the home teams win 75% of the time and when a a home team has a bye they win like 85% of the time. I think I heard that stat 2 or 3 years ago. Those stats make sense because the better teams have the home field. Upsets are rare. I might be a few years old with this info.

I tried to google it and couldn't come up with anything.

Colts are going to spread out the Ravens Defense like they did with the Broncos. Here is the thing about defenses: If your Defense isn't the best; on any Given Sunday they can show up, If you have a sucky offense you basically have no chance of them showing up. Example Raiders Defense shows up every single game and Offense doesn't show up ANY game. Colts Offense shows up every game and Defense has shown up in style at least 3 times this year. Conclusion: Baltimore doesn't have a good offense, the Mentality of that team is on edge as well, a couple blown plays and they are at each others throats (Bengals game). Colts are going to win this game, yes it is going to tough and no predictions of 14+ by me like last week, BUT if you are a bettor I'd suggest Colts moneyline. Colts by 6+

NOW next week with be our biggest struggle against NE or SD... 3-4 defenses.

Skipping work to watch, better at least show up. I understand if we lose, but if we come out flat I will be so mad.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    Colts are going to spread out the Ravens Defense like they did with the Broncos. Here is the thing about defenses: If your Defense isn't the best; on any Given Sunday they can show up, If you have a sucky offense you basically have no chance of them showing up. Example Raiders Defense shows up every single game and Offense doesn't show up ANY game. Colts Offense shows up every game and Defense has shown up in style at least 3 times this year. Conclusion: Baltimore doesn't have a good offense, the Mentality of that team is on edge as well, a couple blown plays and they are at each others throats (Bengals game). Colts are going to win this game, yes it is going to tough and no predictions of 14+ by me like last week, BUT if you are a bettor I'd suggest Colts moneyline. Colts by 6+

NOW next week with be our biggest struggle against NE or SD... 3-4 defenses.
    You shouldn't underestimate Baltimore's offense...and you can't really compare them to the Raiders offense. They have a veteran QB who has proven he can win games when it counts and have a bruising RB and offensive style that's really good at moving the chains and winding down the clock. Baltimore has a conservative offense, but that doesn't mean they can't score.

And Baltimore's defense is going to do a ton better against the Colts then the Broncos. The Broncos have literally no pass rush and Peyton is allowed to sit in the pocket all day and watch the coverage break down and throw easy strikes. It wont be that way against Baltimore. The Colts Oline better be ready and Manning better be ready. The Ravens have some incredibly versatile players and that allows them to mix up blitz packages a ton.

The Ravens are going to come after Manning and hard. Keep in mind we usually have a tough time blocking against LBs in the 3-4 scheme. That is the key. IF we can block them, Peyton will pick apart that secondary. Wayne has a decisive matchup edge against Rolle. But I don't think Peyton will always get that time. I see maybe 3-5 sacks with lots of pressure, and Peyton will have to rely on his short game, because he needs to get the ball out quickly. We need to get about 21-24 points.

The defense, while it can't replicate last week's performance, needs to play with that same intensity and passion as it did. If it can do that, then I think we can limit them to close to 20 pts. They will run the ball better than KC, and they will mix up the pass much better. A key matchup is Freeney vs Ogden. Last time, Freeney owned him. What will be important is the coverage of the receivers. If they can cover well, then that will give Freeney time to get to the QB.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    The Ravens are going to come after Manning and hard. Keep in mind we usually have a tough time blocking against LBs in the 3-4 scheme. That is the key. IF we can block them, Peyton will pick apart that secondary. Wayne has a decisive matchup edge against Rolle. But I don't think Peyton will always get that time. I see maybe 3-5 sacks with lots of pressure, and Peyton will have to rely on his short game, because he needs to get the ball out quickly. We need to get about 21-24 points.

The defense, while it can't replicate last week's performance, needs to play with that same intensity and passion as it did. If it can do that, then I think we can limit them to close to 20 pts. They will run the ball better than KC, and they will mix up the pass much better. A key matchup is Freeney vs Ogden. Last time, Freeney owned him. What will be important is the coverage of the receivers. If they can cover well, then that will give Freeney time to get to the QB.
    Excellent post.

It's important to remember that Ogden is on the decline and is coming off an injury. He should be ready to go, but I like that matchup for the Colts. The real problem here is whether or not the Colts will be able to stop Jamal Lewis between the tackles. When he runs in between the tackles and makes it into the secondary, he causes havoc. But if you close the holes quick and make him stutter-step behind the line like he always does, you guys will literally shut down the Baltimore running game. We can theory craft about this game all we want, but we don't really know what we will get until the game happens. Will the Colts run defense show up? Will Steve McNair play like a washed up veteran..or will he show the poise he's had for the past 4-5 weeks? Will the Colts OLine be able to pick up the pass rush efficiently? Who really knows. With that said, Baltimore is peaking at the right time and are the most dangerous team in the playoffs in my mind. I still think this will be the best game in the playoffs and I wouldn't miss this one for anything. (Keep in mind I'm not a ratbirds fan or a colts fan..I just like good football games)

It would be nice to get out to an early league!

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    If you meant lead, totally agree but thats true for all Colts games. Our D is just designed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    The leagues are early on Sat. (bowling) Should be over in time for the Game at 4:30pm.